Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
Proof of Life / Final Poll Results - Dec 13 (Supporters)

Hey AFV supporters, I hope you all had a great week! Thank you all for your continued support, for your engagement in the AFV community, for participating in our Poll, and for making it possible for me to create AFV!
My week has been super busy, which has made my progress on AFV a little slow. Luckily I was able to be pretty productive the week before, and this coming week is looking promising. I've just finished some scripting and coding for an event, and now that we have the results of the poll, I'll be jumping back into rendering images and making animations for a while. Hopefully we'll have some more good previews for you next week.
Strenif and I got a little ambitious about what we wanted to see happen in the storyline before we release the coming update, and we've got all the events we're working on pretty intertwined, so I am anticipating that our release date for the update will be pushed back a bit. Hopefully not by a lot, but I know that Christmas and New Years are going to slow things up for me due to my commitments to my family. Just know that we're both giving AFV everything we can, and we're just as excited as all of you to get the update out there.
And now, below are the final results of the Jacky's New Club Outfit Poll.
The winner of the poll with 33% of the votes for a total of 117 votes, was outfit D.

Coming in at a close second with 28% of the votes for a total of one hundred votes was outfit A.

I have decided to include both outfits into the scenes with "outfit D" being the main outfit, and "outfit A" making an appearance from time to time to bring a little more variety.
Thank you to all of those who voted! I'm excited to start making renders of Jacky in these sexy outfits!
Thanks again for supporting the game, and I hope you all have a great week!

Source:

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I just downloaded the latest version of the game, and since I had saved on Monday night, I went to the club for the "Mixing Work & Pleasure" event. During the dialogue with Diaz, after she stops the MC from punching Joey, she starts talking about Lauren, and how the MC should be worried about Matt continuing to stretch her out; how is the MC going to get rid of him, etc (see screenshot...)
The problem I'm having is that I'm on the loyalty route and Matt hasn't touched Lauren in my play through.

I've tried with Scrappy's mod installed and not installed, and I get the same thing. I've also searched this thread but couldn't find anything about this issue. Anyone else have this issue, or know a fix for it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In the code, there are two paths for Mixing Work & Pleasure.

To succeed at it, you must have
Code:
        'progress_needed': ntr_club_events_progress >= 4 or garden_path,
If you're on garden_path, it fails the event.

If ntr_club_events_progress is greater than 4 you can succeed at it.

So, how you even *got* to the Mixing Work & Pleasure on the loyalty route is a mystery to me.

Garden_path gets set when Mom catches Sidney working, if Jackie smoked Joey's cigar, then it follows the club_path instead of the garden_path.

I'm not sure if there's some way that you got to the Mixing work & Pleasure event before the garden_path variable got set you could maybe get to that dialogue but that's the only way I can see possible in the code.

Reactions: MythMackay

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I am missing two events according to the gallery located between 'Stranger Ventures' and 'Cleaned the Yard' and between 'Painted Your Co***n' and 'Collect 'Em All', and I have no locked events mentioned on the phone.
Can you elaborate?

The gallery is organized by person, so who's pictures are missing?

In my events list:

between Stranger Ventures and Cleaned The Yard, I have Failed: Intruder (NTR required for event)
between Painted your Co***in and Collect 'Em All, I do not have Collect 'Em All, my next events are "Internet Famous" and "Failed: Mixing Work and Pleasure"

(I apparently have to check in on Sidney and Mom in the garden to get Collect 'em All and I have not done that)

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
In the code, there are two paths for Mixing Work & Pleasure.

To succeed at it, you must have
Code:
        'progress_needed': ntr_club_events_progress >= 4 or garden_path,
If you're on garden_path, it fails the event.

If ntr_club_events_progress is greater than 4 you can succeed at it.

So, how you even *got* to the Mixing Work & Pleasure on the loyalty route is a mystery to me.

Garden_path gets set when Mom catches Sidney working, if Jackie smoked Joey's cigar, then it follows the club_path instead of the garden_path.

I'm not sure if there's some way that you got to the Mixing work & Pleasure event before the garden_path variable got set you could maybe get to that dialogue but that's the only way I can see possible in the code.
Thanks for taking a look at this! I'm guessing that your theory as to how I might have gotten that dialogue is probably what happened. I do know that I helped Lauren win the election (so she didn't lose the bet) and she never had any kind of sexual relations with Matt after the election.
It will forever remain a mystery, though, as I've already wiped my saves and started a new play through. Hopefully, with the info you provided, I can avoid it happening again this time around. Again, much appreciated!

Reactions: Cirdon

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for taking a look at this! I'm guessing that your theory as to how I might have gotten that dialogue is probably what happened. I do know that I helped Lauren win the election (so she didn't lose the bet) and she never had any kind of sexual relations with Matt after the election.
It will forever remain a mystery, though, as I've already wiped my saves and started a new play through. Hopefully, with the info you provided, I can avoid it happening again this time around. Again, much appreciated!
So a few people have ran into this.
What you did was, when you first started the game and met Matt for the first time, he offered to help Ryan fuck Jacky on the condition that Ryan let Matt fuck her too. Telling Matt yes puts Jacky on the NTR path.

Lauren's NTR path is based on if she wins or loses the election.

So, originally Matt was going to be more of a buddy than an antagonist. More of a sharing route.
However when Lauren's story was unfolding, one of the idea's pitched for how it would unfold required an antagonist.
We could have made a new character for that role but at the time the school didn't have much development and the only characters anyone knew was Matt, Megan, and Kenzie. We wanted to have the characters we knew about involved in the election but adding new ones and having a harem, sharing, and NTR route was just to much. So Matt became the massive prick you all know and love today.

There is a continuity issue that you pointed out for players that pick NTR for Jacky but not for Lauren. It's something we should address. When I was writing the club scene I had never even considered that a player would want NTR for one and not the other. At some point I'll get with Will and we'll ether change the line or maybe make it conditional. We might also redo that first conversation with Matt to make it more clear to players what they are getting into if they don't tell Matt to go fuck himself.

jclarke

Feb 10, 2019
Has anyone else had a bug where the stats overlay seems to stop being optional, and if so, had any luck fixing it?

Mine has just started refusing to go away while dialogue is up, but refusing to show up when outside of dialogue. So when there is an active text box and/or dialogue/choice buttons, the stats pop-up is there, and when outside of dialogue, the pop-up is gone, with no change when trying to toggle it with the 'P' key in either case.
It's a fairly minor inconvenience, so I can absolutely continue to play as is, but if anyone has recommendations for a fix for it, it would be nice to be able to toggle it on and off once more!

(Edit: Almost immediately after posting this, I gave the toggle key one more try just in case, and it apparently decided to start working again, at least for now.
If anyone has any idea what might've been causing this, suggestions would still be appreciated, in case it winds up happening again at any point.)

Last edited:
Reactions: strenif

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Has anyone else had a bug where the stats overlay seems to stop being optional, and if so, had any luck fixing it?

Mine has just started refusing to go away while dialogue is up, but refusing to show up when outside of dialogue. So when there is an active text box and/or dialogue/choice buttons, the stats pop-up is there, and when outside of dialogue, the pop-up is gone, with no change when trying to toggle it with the 'P' key in either case.
It's a fairly minor inconvenience, so I can absolutely continue to play as is, but if anyone has recommendations for a fix for it, it would be nice to be able to toggle it on and off once more!

(Edit: Almost immediately after posting this, I gave the toggle key one more try just in case, and it apparently decided to start working again, at least for now.
If anyone has any idea what might've been causing this, suggestions would still be appreciated, in case it winds up happening again at any point.)
Faulty keyboard comes to mind.

But if the developer messed with the base Ren'Py code it can have intermittent input errors, so who knows.

If it happens again.

Save your game then exit and restart the game should fix it.

Basically turn it off and on again, tech supports tried and tested method holds true yet again.

• Haha
Reactions: strenif

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
How do I get through this "Loyalty Event: Megan's Visit" event, remembering that I'm not on the NTR side of the game but on the Loyalty side?

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
If you're on the Loyalty Route, that event shouldn't come up. That should only be available on the NTR Route After you made a deal to have Matt be your ally to get Jacky. Megan's visit is the way Matt incentivizes Ryan, your MC.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
If you're on the Loyalty Route, that event shouldn't come up. That should only be available on the NTR Route After you made a deal to have Matt be your ally to get Jacky. Megan's visit is the way Matt incentivizes Ryan, your MC.
Not true. Both routes will have Megan giving you a random BJ. Just for different reasons on the Loyalty Route than the NTR one.

Reactions: doccop63

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
In the "NTR" route, what happens in the story so that Lauren's sister later has sex with Matt at night? - It's just curiosity to know what reason in history led her to this moment

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
What a son of a bitch this character "Matt" is because of this type of character that I don't like NTR, he tricks people to get what he wants "like the photo shoot with MC's mother", I sincerely hope that DEV They come up with a boring ending for him and leave the MC who does what he does because he is a pervert, yes, but he loves whoever he catches. I wanted the MC to join the mafia and scare this "Matt"

Reactions: TommyTuba

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
In the "NTR" route, what happens in the story so that Lauren's sister later has sex with Matt at night? - It's just curiosity to know what reason in history led her to this moment
When does this happen?
I dont think its in the game.
I think you got the names wrong, its opposite.

In that moment it just happens if Matt wins election as far as i am sure.
Now i wonder whats gonna happen with Mandy, how will her route go from there seeing Lauren getting banged daily

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
When does this happen?
I dont think its in the game.
I think you got the names wrong, its opposite.

It's in the game. On the NTR route you can see Lauren and Matt talking on the phone, sending each other nudes. If you check on Lauren at night after that. You'll catch the two fucking in her room.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes