VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Would you ever consider changing the billing system to the day the person subscribes on Patreon?
The problem is that, as far as I know, I can't go back to billing on the 1st of every month once I've changed it. That's why I'm hesitant to press the button. When I had more time (and fewer Patreons), I texted those that signed up at the end of the month and asked if I should refund their initial payment, so they won't be charged twice in one week.

I stopped doing that for the last few months, but maybe that's something I can offer you.

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
The problem is that, as far as I know, I can't go back to billing on the 1st of every month once I've changed it. That's why I'm hesitant to press the button. When I had more time (and fewer Patreons), I texted those that signed up at the end of the month and asked if I should refund their initial payment, so they won't be charged twice in one week.

I stopped doing that for the last few months, but maybe that's something I can offer you.
From what I heard, changing the billing to when they subscribe would only affect newer patrons since the patrons that were already subscribed the first of the month would be their billing date. I understand your reluctance, it's not a big deal. Thanks for answering!

Reactions: HighbornTiger

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
How is it extortion when no one is forcing you to pay? It is very simple, you subscribe or pay for the update on any of their platforms or wait until someone decides to post it here.

You're entitled to your opinion, but saying it is a get rich quick scheme or extortion is misleading.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
You're entitled to your opinion as well, ever heard of loss leaders, give something cheap or free to get customers hooked and then charge heavy price for follow up when they are hooked IT IS a form of extortion.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AForeignWorld-EP2.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hmmm, the reviews here are much better than on Steam. Usually, it's the opposite. Wonder what's up with that? :unsure:

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
Hmmm, the reviews here are much better than on Steam. Usually, it's the opposite. Wonder what's up with that? :unsure:
Steam users will always be harsher because they're paying for what they get to play when compared to Patreon where anyone who subscribes is aware that it's a small team or a solo dev and does not expect unrealistic results. Let's be honest, a lot of steam reviews are harsh for even Triple-A devs, so nobody is safe, and let us not forget that this is a Visual Novel that is done likely solo so the updates won't be the fastest thing the 'playerbase' will see and that will only trigger steam users because nothing irritates paying customers more than having to wait for a product they paid for (this is steam where devs are expected to put out content fairly quickly to the consumer)

Reactions: Griffihn

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I stumbled on this by sheer luck, and I'm not disappointed. This is shaping up to be a potentially great one.

With that said, a couple of things to feedback should the dev lurk in these parts:

The semi animation thing is nice, but, the player never knows how long to wait, or if the game is in the mode where pictures will start going on their own. You may want to consider adding a little "play symbol" somewhere to let us know when we should not click/push enter.

The idea of having what essentially is a reverse isekai is pretty good, and pretty rare, so thumbs up for that.

I do think though, that while it totally makes sense many things are unknown for either sides (customs and so on), it feels things gets "skipped" a bit too much. I checked and rechecked that I did not miss an "auto animation bit", but from time to time, the story just seem to "skip forward" sort of speak, like a chunk is missing or something. Kinda like, we skipped a bit of the day, and the story progression did not feel natural. This happened a couple of times throughout the gameplay I went through, and it might just be your way to tell a story, I do not know if that is voluntary or not.

Regarding the several choices we get, like many choice based AVNs, the choices are not always clear as to which is best, which will lead to something "more", and which could have a negative impact. If routes gets implemented or are part of the plan, keeping them as vague as this (no offense intended), will more than likely lead to player's confusions, or potentially more.

The next part will be put in spoiler, as they'll include what I believe is going to happen:

A side thing I just remembered, with only 168 males around, regardless of the amount of females, you'll end up fucking your own bloodline pretty quickly in that world. Since they've been doing that for a while now, they probably already are.

Below are the current researched numbers for a viable colony with a 1/1 ratio M/F:

At 5000 individuals
Population is viable without human intervention.

At 500 individuals
Couples can remain monogamous but mating pairs must be approved by a genetics board to ensure genetic diversity and limit in-breeding.

At 50 individuals
Each individual must have as many babies with different partners as possible over their lifetime.

A genetics board must approve all matings. Couples may pair, but each couple could only conceive one child. Individuals that had paired would still have to mate outside their relationship until the size of the population grew larger and more diverse (probably not possible for several generations).

It looked like 50 was the absolute minimum and that if you lost very many members early (due to accident or disease) it would endanger the whole colony.

With only 168 males, regardless of how many child they get and how they get spread between the various other males, within a couple of generations, they'll be inbreeding already. Assuming they've been doing it for quite a while already, well, guess we know why the antagonist is the way he is :D

Last edited:

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Why in hell is keep pushing MC to sleep with Sue? What about that chocolate or Sally,even damn fox before Susy,sigh.

Reactions: Lasse.9

Lasse.9

Jan 11, 2019
i feel like this update made the game slightly worse.
previously the mc have been rather smart and calculated, which i rather like, but in this update have his behavior gotten worse. he is irrational and emotional. he thinks it is more important to avoid short-term pain than to save the world. why? his logic makes no sense. he just want to hope for a better alternative, which is always a fucking dumb option. in the game, the reason is that he is just such a great guy. which is bullshit. he is emotional and dumb.
these games need to stop emphasizing that the MC is a really great guy. 90% of the time that is some BS, but the game treat it as a fact. it's annoying.
furthermore, why is the relationship with Sue being pushed so much. i have turned her down multiple times, yet it seems like there's going to be even more attempt from her.

this is a game that used to be one of my favorites, but with this update, it have lost it position.

Last edited:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
why Sue you ask? it was explained that she gets stronger the more sex she has. that is reason enough. once she has the strength, her ability can be copied. that would make it easier on the others. at least that's what i understand. but i am still playing the update, so not done yet.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
just finished the current update. yeah i love this game. the story is interesting, the girls are smoking hot, i love Sue she is a babe, and yeah i let the mc fuck her and then he takes her ability. i love the piece of music that plays near the end of the update when the mc is reaming out the agent after the 2 punks attempt to attack Aurora. does anyone know what the piece of music is called? its a piano piece and is very uplifting. i love it. would listen to it alot if i knew what it was called.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Steam users will always be harsher because they're paying for what they get to play when compared to Patreon where anyone who subscribes is aware that it's a small team or a solo dev and does not expect unrealistic results.
I wasn't talking about Patreon, they suck. I was comparing Steam reviews to the pirate reviews here, and you misunderstand me. Steam reviews are usually much better, due to most Steam players having their head up their arse and not knowing what is actually good. Good example is MILFs of Sunville. Crap game in almost every way, but Steam players love it. :poop:

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
@Nameless202 The game is on Steam which means I would go against my Terms of Service by doing public releases. Maybe the game will be leaked eventually, but in my experience that's unlikely.
I'm not sure where you came up with this, unless Steam has changed their terms, but I know of several games here that have both Steam and public releases. The public release is typically a while behind Steam, one developer I can think of actually releases one iteration behind their Patreon and Steam release.

It's your decision of course, whichever you want to do, but as you can see, it will get leaked here anyway.

On topic of the game, I'm still playing 1.51, although I've got 2.5 downloaded. I'll switch over when I have a need to shut the game down and restart it. and I'm loving it so far.

My only request would be that if you're going to do the automatic scene/image changes, give us some kind of indicator to let us know they are ongoing, OR when they are done and ready for player input. I keep finding myself sitting and waiting to see if it is going to move forward or not.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes