4.30 star(s) 55 Votes
Jan 23, 2024
well that's just bullshit, it does incinerate a few dozen kilometers in radius at most, not even close to leveling half a continent.
50,000 Megatons of force ~30mile blast radius, ~62mile Radiation radius (death by radiation poisoning the following days), and ~90+ miles of nuclear fallout (possible survival with limited exposure). if Detentated at Moscow Center it would take out 8 Cities with estimated 1.4 million deaths and 3.7million injuries. In the Uk it could take out half of scotland and thats not factoring in weather patterns for that day for fallout drift.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
rather than throw nukes that are apparently useless, Just throw radioactive dust at him while protecting yourself. The goal here is for him to need to constantly heal himself, draining some energy. If the dust gets in his lungs It could get wonky. You want to fight in a way to create an advantage for yourself that will make it so he has to expend energy while you don't. In that spirit fighting in a cloud of tear gas while wearing a mask would suffice but using radioactive dust is just the heavy duty version. especially if you know how to not get in the dust cloud.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
well that's just bullshit, it does incinerate a few dozen kilometers in radius at most, not even close to leveling half a continent.
Well, since his entire post is talking about the impact of the radiation of fission weapons, wouldn't it make sense to assume he is referring to the radiation impacting an entire continent? Which of course it certainly would and more, especially downwind.
rather than throw nukes that are apparently useless, Just throw radioactive dust at him while protecting yourself. The goal here is for him to need to constantly heal himself, draining some energy. If the dust gets in his lungs It could get wonky. You want to fight in a way to create an advantage for yourself that will make it so he has to expend energy while you don't. In that spirit fighting in a cloud of tear gas while wearing a mask would suffice but using radioactive dust is just the heavy duty version. especially if you know how to not get in the dust cloud.
Seems to me that if I'm someone who fights for survival as part of my everyday life, the first thing I'm going to learn to do is create some sort of protective air bubble around myself during a fight so that sneaky shit like that would never work. Their world may not know atomic power, but surely they know infectious diseases, so that kind of basic protection should be assumed and make a 'dust' strategy easily defended.

Good Lord what have I become that I am debating imaginary battle tactics in a lewd AVN. :cry: :ROFLMAO:

Jan 23, 2024
Well, since his entire post is talking about the impact of the radiation of fission weapons, wouldn't it make sense to assume he is referring to the radiation impacting an entire continent? Which of course it certainly would and more, especially downwind.

Seems to me that if I'm someone who fights for survival as part of my everyday life, the first thing I'm going to learn to do is create some sort of protective air bubble around myself during a fight so that sneaky shit like that would never work. Their world may not know atomic power, but surely they know infectious diseases, so that kind of basic protection should be assumed and make a 'dust' strategy easily defended.

Good Lord what have I become that I am debating imaginary battle tactics in a lewd AVN. :cry: :ROFLMAO:

It was less about Nathanial and more about the girls assuming they could withstand a nuclear warhead if things went crazy. They don't have the concept of nuclear or atomic and kenetic energy and just chock it to magic. Now assuming after seeing the video they are confident about the blast which rips atoms apart in a chain reaction. They likely would not be able to defend against something not visible and they had no concept of, and even if they could protect from radiation, they would be sitting there draining energy without knowing why as they are constantly bombarded with photons. Would they also be able to withstand the vacum as well as all the air is pulled from the area before flashpoint.

e6mill

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2022
Why are you assuming they won't know what nukes are and do? SOMETHING depopulated their world. Almost completely...

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
It was less about Nathanial and more about the girls assuming they could withstand a nuclear warhead if things went crazy. They don't have the concept of nuclear or atomic and kenetic energy and just chock it to magic. Now assuming after seeing the video they are confident about the blast which rips atoms apart in a chain reaction. They likely would not be able to defend against something not visible and they had no concept of, and even if they could protect from radiation, they would be sitting there draining energy without knowing why as they are constantly bombarded with photons. Would they also be able to withstand the vacum as well as all the air is pulled from the area before flashpoint.
I would imagine they would be able to easily withstand the physical aspects of the pressure waves and air movement (assuming they were able to escape the immediate proximity of the detonation and deal with the shcok waves from a distance of at least several miles), but you do make a good point about the extent of the energy drain of defending against the unseen (and thus unmeasureable) radiation and the consequences that could arise from that. (y) They would definitely be helped by a technique that would make the flow of dust/radiation visible so they could maneuver away from the worst of it and not be excessively weakened by the defense against the unseen.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
again, just no. You do realize they already dropped one of them, right? Everyone is still here. Yes, if they dropped it at a population center it would kill a lot of people directly or indirectly, but it won't impact an entire continent too much. All of them are massive places. Radiation levels may be increased slightly depending on the wind at places, but not in a dangerous amount given enough distance. A single 50 megaton explosion won't cause mass extinction. Chernobyl was probably worse in terms of nuclear fallout.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
50,000 Megatons of force ~30mile blast radius, ~62mile Radiation radius (death by radiation poisoning the following days), and ~90+ miles of nuclear fallout (possible survival with limited exposure). if Detentated at Moscow Center it would take out 8 Cities with estimated 1.4 million deaths and 3.7million injuries. In the Uk it could take out half of scotland and thats not factoring in weather patterns for that day for fallout drift.
first, you are off about 49950 megatons, but who is counting. Second, the UK is not a continent. Third, the impact zone you described is far from "half" a continent. Even the smallest one is over 8 million square kilometers...

Reactions: rolfcopter

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Elduriel An atom bomb destroying half a content... Maybe not Africa, but that cute little Europe?

^^ Obviously a joke. I googled it. How did I phrase it in the game... Sorry, but we kind of stopped development after the hydrogen bomb because we didn't feel the need to erase an entire continent.
The only thing I've seen before that comes close is a simulation of what would happen if an atomic bomb hit New York, where they showed that the fallout cloud would affect half of the East Coast, depending on the wind.
I'm not sure how accurate it was, though.

Edit: Didn't see your last comment before posting this

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Elduriel

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1726952722706.png

I'm actually writing this post the same evening I wrote my last post. You might think I'm a cheeky little bastard, and you might be right.

Thinking back, I've always been ambitious with my stories. When I started writing, I did so in english even though at that point I was on the verge of failing english. Then instead of writing an ending for my story series, i decided to turn it into an AVN. Mind you, I had no idea about rendering, writing, or anything else neccessary to do this.

I grew from the experience, and ended up with a passable game.

Then I wanted to write a reverse isekai story with 13 love interests and an interesting MC. You all know how that went. But I have to admit it was definitely ambitious. With this many girls, how in the world could everyone be unique? How could you possible give everyone the attention they deserve?

Don't ask me. I'm mostly winging it.

But for now, I think I'm doing a passable job. Through my career I watched myself grow. This is most evident in my renders, but also in my writing (so I was told by someone who for suuuuure didn't just want to cheer me up... But I beleive it). I'm curious about my next project. There are a couple of stories I'm thinking up, mainly so I can think about something when falling asleep. Some of them have a really good exposition, and other might even be something for an adultgame. Then again I recently had an idea.

With recently I mean about half an hour ago. I thought I should write a story where a man takes in a young women and over the course of a couple of months/years he first discovers fatherly affection, which later turns into romantical love. I first thought she might be his niece, but I'm leaning more towards her being the daughter of one of his mentors. Someone he looked up to and that he owed something to. Maybe there is a fantasy element to the story. I don't know.

Also I'm not going to write this. It's just an idea. I have many of those.

But there are two things about this idea that could strike you as intersting. I would say this would be a very ambitious story for me to write. Not only do I have little experience with what fatherly affection might look like, I also wouldn't know how to portry the one and only love interest. It would be less about quantity and more about quality. I think it would be a cool challenge, and it might become a story worth reading.

The second thing that might be interesting is how I got this idea.

For you it's been a week, but I made you a promis, if you can remember. I'm going to tell you the second scenario that get's me in a writing mood.

It's when I read a story which hits all the right notes. After the two bad stories I laid out last week, I finally found something promising.

A fantasy story, with an interesting set up, giving a different spin on a scenario which has already been beaten to death by Korean Lightnovel writers. I'm ten minutes in, and the MC was already hit by a white truck, he had already become the greatest fighter in another world because every time he died he timejumps back 24 hours, he finally came back to his old world with light amnesia (because he fought for years in that other world), and there he finds his niece that's going to live with him from now on. No idea if she is a love interest, it looks more like they'll just mutually care for one another.

I was looking for a light romance slice of life, and I was given ten minutes of the best story I've ever seen.

God damn, I want to write something. For now I'll settle for two patreon posts.

Have a nice day. Keep your eyes open for future updates.

Until then, Enjoy!

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Elduriel An atom bomb destroying half a content... Maybe not Africa, but that cute little Europe?

^^ Obviously a joke. I googled it. How did I phrase it in the game... Sorry, but we kind of stopped development after the hydrogen bomb because we didn't feel the need to erase an entire continent.
The only thing I've seen before that comes close is a simulation of what would happen if an atomic bomb hit New York, where they showed that the fallout cloud would affect half of the East Coast, depending on the wind.
I'm not sure how accurate it was, though.

Edit: Didn't see your last comment before posting this
first, you are off about 49950 megatons, but who is counting. Second, the UK is not a continent. Third, the impact zone you described is far from "half" a continent. Even the smallest one is over 8 million square kilometers...
Well... what I'm about to describe is not a single warhead event... granted. As far back as the early to mid 1970's there was a "salt the earth" scenario for an "all out" U.S. nuclear retaliation strike. It was a preprogrammed launch sequence that exploded atomic warheads in the ocean about 3 to 5 miles off the coast of a continent. The effect of this was to vaporize billions of gallons of salt water and lift millions of gallons of strontium 90 (the radio active isotope of salt) into the air at around 15 to 30 thousand feet. There, prevailing winds carried this "fallout" over the land mass over the next several days. At an appointed time, days later, a second launch of high yield nuclear warheads were exploded over the continent at high altitude. The effect of these "air bursts" was two-fold. One, EMP effects knocked out electronics all across the continent. Two, the strontium 90 "fallout" was pushed down to the ground across wide areas of the land mass with a "salting effect". Strontium 90 has a half life of about 30 years. The calculated initial radiation level was such that the entire continent would be uninhabitable to plant or animal life for approximately 1000 years. This "doomsday" scenario was intended to automatically initiate in the event the US was devastated by a "first strike" nuclear attack. It was intended as a, "Fuck you world. If we die, everybody dies", end game.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
No wonder a lot of people, including half of USA hate the US governing jar heads.
This "doomsday" scenario was intended to automatically initiate in the event the US was devastated by a "first strike" nuclear attack. It was intended as a, "Fuck you world. If we die, everybody dies", end game.
They have the possiblity to snuff out anyone that threatens them, cops just trigger happy to pepper spray bullets into any perp that gives them the light of day, have black sites for interrogation - but they still want their kids to die off from nucler winter or radioactive dandruff because fuck the future generations, they sure do not deserve anything.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well... what I'm about to describe is not a single warhead event... granted. As far back as the early to mid 1970's there was a "salt the earth" scenario for an "all out" U.S. nuclear retaliation strike. It was a preprogrammed launch sequence that exploded atomic warheads in the ocean about 3 to 5 miles off the coast of a continent. The effect of this was to vaporize billions of gallons of salt water and lift millions of gallons of strontium 90 (the radio active isotope of salt) into the air at around 15 to 30 thousand feet. There, prevailing winds carried this "fallout" over the land mass over the next several days. At an appointed time, days later, a second launch of high yield nuclear warheads were exploded over the continent at high altitude. The effect of these "air bursts" was two-fold. One, EMP effects knocked out electronics all across the continent. Two, the strontium 90 "fallout" was pushed down to the ground across wide areas of the land mass with a "salting effect". Strontium 90 has a half life of about 30 years. The calculated initial radiation level was such that the entire continent would be uninhabitable to plant or animal life for approximately 1000 years. This "doomsday" scenario was intended to automatically initiate in the event the US was devastated by a "first strike" nuclear attack. It was intended as a, "Fuck you world. If we die, everybody dies", end game.
oh yeah, granted, there are scenarios that would be devastating, no argument there. But there isn't a single bomb big enough to cause such, which I was trying to point out. A full on nuclear attack is a different kind of beast. But if the game itself gets to that point we are already screwed anyway :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: motseer

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
To kill Nathaniel, no need of nuclear weapon, humain kill them self with such dedication we had all we need...

-Why not some gaz, example 12,800 ppm of co2 causes immediate loss of consciousness and death within 1 to 3 minutes, odorless, tasteless... And there are more deadly gaz...
-Or maybe some neurotoxine, The black mamba's venom, a neurotoxin called dendrotoxin, acts very quickly and a single bite is enough to kill. The venom paralyzes the respiratory muscles within minutes, and 10 mg of venom is "enough" to kill an adult man, can be transforms into aerosol. or much more deadly synthesis like vx...
-Or poison, Botulinum toxin (botox) is thus the most violent poison in the world in terms of LD50, between 10 and 13 ng/kg (nanogram/kilogram) by inhalation (i.e. a lethal quantity).
-Or some weapon like laser, emitters of ionizing radiation, etc...
it s easy to kill a main make of bone and fleach even if he had some capacity.

And

With recently I mean about half an hour ago. I thought I should write a story where a man takes in a young women and over the course of a couple of months/years he first discovers fatherly affection, which later turns into romantical love. I first thought she might be his niece, but I'm leaning more towards her being the daughter of one of his mentors. Someone he looked up to and that he owed something to. Maybe there is a fantasy element to the story. I don't know.

Also I'm not going to write this. It's just an idea. I have many of those.

But there are two things about this idea that could strike you as intersting. I would say this would be a very ambitious story for me to write. Not only do I have little experience with what fatherly affection might look like, I also wouldn't know how to portry the one and only love interest. It would be less about quantity and more about quality. I think it would be a cool challenge, and it might become a story worth reading.
Nephilim...? https://f95zone.to/threads/nephilim-v0-4-6-buuplays.143045/
Had this in this story of the first li...
I like the second idea. But please finish this game before...

Last edited:

Khayon

May 15, 2022
Guys, do i need to play another game to understand what's going on in this one? Because it's just throws you in the story without any explanation. I don't really like when this happens.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Reactions: Khayon

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Guys, do i need to play another game to understand what's going on in this one? Because it's just throws you in the story without any explanation. I don't really like when this happens.
If you don't like non-linear storytelling, then maybe try other games with simpler narrative structures? There are lots of books/movies/games that use non-linear structure as important parts of the story. Maybe not your cuppa but it is what it is and honestly you're missing lot's of great stories (e.g., Memento) if you give up too easily on non-linear content.

Reactions: Khayon

Khayon

May 15, 2022
If you don't like non-linear storytelling, then maybe try other games with simpler narrative structures? There are lots of books/movies/games that use non-linear structure as important parts of the story. Maybe not your cuppa but it is what it is and honestly you're missing lot's of great stories (e.g., Memento) if you give up too easily on non-linear content.
Sorry, i was to hasty to judge this game, now i'm starting to undertand what's going on. It's nice.

4.30 star(s) 55 Votes