Eishier

Feb 27, 2019
after cuddle event with rae the game sends me to MC's bedroom i cant sleep with rae is anyone having this problem

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I tried using UnRen to force enable rollback since it wasn't working normally, and I still can't get it to work? Is there anything else I can try? I like to replay games from the start when new updates come out, so I can re-experience my favourite scenes, but I tend to just fly through the early game until I get to a scene I want to watch or until I get to the new content, however, as you can imagine, I sometimes skip a little to far, so the ability to rollback the game is really important for me. I'm starting to wonder if the Author did something in the game files to stop people from being able to rollback because I could do it in all the old patches, just not this one. I know some other Ren'Py authors have done this before, though I genuinely don't know why.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I may have made her call me GROGNAR DESTROYER OF MANY MANY UNIVERSES and now i cant change it.
MC renaming is coming very soon!

does this game have sound effects? Every RenPy game I've been playing only plays music and no sound effects
Not right now, unfortunately. I will look into adding at least non-sex SFX soon, voicing and, er "sounding" sex scenes is a very big undertaking, so I don't know when/if I'll be able to get to that stage.

Questions:
1. Will a walk-through be developed for paths which increase lewdness and intimacy?
2. When is the next update? If no solid date yet, definitely worth waiting for!
Thank you for your kind words!
Not sure what you mean by a path walkthrough. You sometimes get more intimacy or lewdness depending on your choices, but you will always be able to increase both by spending time with girls. And spending quality time with girls.

It is so boring. Why in the hell does he continue with this project? It has passed its sell by date.
Well, I obviously disagree with the last part, and I intend to see this game to completion, but you do have a fair point. The story isn't as dynamic as it was in the beginning. There's a lot of prep work needed for certain routes (new environments and NPC), and for the main story, I need to finish adding all the "main" in-house characters for it to proceed. But each new character will bring more work with it, so it's a double-edged sword of sorts.

Look ZanithOne, some (one person) don't like your game, says it's boring, some (ME for instance) adore your game, love all the girl because they are unique in there own way and bring depth to the story and a unique way to tackle the sex scene.

Just one thing that i would ask, it's doing a big update on the main story, i want to know the detail on the why, how and where on the rift itself.
There will be some (optional) lore dumps in the future, that I can promise. :)

Unfortunately Naomi does very little for me. Not into the muscular and masculine type. Would prefer her character take a major backseat.
Same to me, naomi is meh hope no more focus on her
I know she's not as popular as the others, but I still intend to have more or less the same number of events for each of the girls at the end of the game.

Loved the Rae events, but honestly I am a bit torn on Naomi. I've been nothing but nice to her, and she still treats the MC like a doormat. I get that her being more abrasive is part of her character, but it's getting to the point where I would like to be able to tell her to fuck off when she tells the MC to get out after literally doing everything possible to help her.
That's a good point. I need to revise some of the event and add some options to jostle with her (verbally). She's probably going to appreciate it, actually.

As the stereotypical "good guy", this is also something that grates on my nerves (someone being a dick to you even after you do your best helping them). Granted, I haven't tried this last update yet, but if people's reactions to it are true, then I'm afraid I may purposely start leaving her story out unless it's necessary for the progression of the main story.
Well, some of it is her character, some of it needs adressing by me, you're right.

I can't be the only one hoping for more interaction with Lyriel. It seems like she's stalled for the last 2 or 3 updates. And a little more movement on Caitlin would be nice. The outing with Naomi was an obvious extension of her story line but lets develope the 2 newest characters now. It's almost like they are in stasis.
Yeah, the last few updates weren't really featuring main girls at all. Naomi needed some events cause she was falling way back. Next two updates (0.4.9 - 0.4.10) will have more Lyriel and Cait.

Its good game but you should stop that teaserlike short updates ASAP...
I've had some life stuff come up in the last few months, so updates have been inconsistent, small, and too far apart. I'm doing what I can to get back to providing good and frequent updates.

I tried using UnRen to force enable rollback since it wasn't working normally, and I still can't get it to work? Is there anything else I can try? I like to replay games from the start when new updates come out, so I can re-experience my favourite scenes, but I tend to just fly through the early game until I get to a scene I want to watch or until I get to the new content, however, as you can imagine, I sometimes skip a little to far, so the ability to rollback the game is really important for me. I'm starting to wonder if the Author did something in the game files to stop people from being able to rollback because I could do it in all the old patches, just not this one. I know some other Ren'Py authors have done this before, though I genuinely don't know why.
I've done some bad, bad things with rollback and general RenPy scripting for the updated intro. There's no easy way to sync video (or even just add async timer events) to the actual RenPy script, so I had to, uh, improvise. After you're done with the intro the rollback should be 100% working, and I won't be doing any more of this weird stuff in the later game. Maybe I'll revisit the intro code some day and will try to make it less ghastly, but it's not on my list of priorities right now.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Well, some of it is her character, some of it needs adressing by me, you're right.
I didn't mean to imply that there is something wrong with Naomi that needs to be changed, I'm just saying I personally don't enjoy her, and that's fine. I'm sure there's people who don't like Lyriel even though I do, it all comes down to taste. Trying to please everyone is a gargantuan task and, more often than not, it doesn't work too well because we all have different tastes in the end.
If this is how you envisioned Naomi, then by all means keep her the way she is. Even though I and some others may not like her, I'm sure she has fans as well.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
ZanithOne
Just wanted to say thank you for how good your updates are. I know the world is literally on fire right now, but i see constant updates on your Patreon and updates here. It shows you clearly care about your project and put alot of effort into it as well as engaging with a bunch of filthy pirates on here with feedback, I just wanted to take a quick aside to say; Thanks and keep up the good work!

Gamesman01

Apr 27, 2018
MC renaming is coming very soon!

Not right now, unfortunately. I will look into adding at least non-sex SFX soon, voicing and, er "sounding" sex scenes is a very big undertaking, so I don't know when/if I'll be able to get to that stage.

Thank you for your kind words!
Not sure what you mean by a path walkthrough. You sometimes get more intimacy or lewdness depending on your choices, but you will always be able to increase both by spending time with girls. And spending quality time with girls.

Well, I obviously disagree with the last part, and I intend to see this game to completion, but you do have a fair point. The story isn't as dynamic as it was in the beginning. There's a lot of prep work needed for certain routes (new environments and NPC), and for the main story, I need to finish adding all the "main" in-house characters for it to proceed. But each new character will bring more work with it, so it's a double-edged sword of sorts.

There will be some (optional) lore dumps in the future, that I can promise. :)

I know she's not as popular as the others, but I still intend to have more or less the same number of events for each of the girls at the end of the game.

That's a good point. I need to revise some of the event and add some options to jostle with her (verbally). She's probably going to appreciate it, actually.

Yeah, the last few updates weren't really featuring main girls at all. Naomi needed some events cause she was falling way back. Next two updates (0.4.9 - 0.4.10) will have more Lyriel and Cait.

I've had some life stuff come up in the last few months, so updates have been inconsistent, small, and too far apart. I'm doing what I can to get back to providing good and frequent updates.

I've done some bad, bad things with rollback and general RenPy scripting for the updated intro. There's no easy way to sync video (or even just add async timer events) to the actual RenPy script, so I had to, uh, improvise. After you're done with the intro the rollback should be 100% working, and I won't be doing any more of this weird stuff in the later game. Maybe I'll revisit the intro code some day and will try to make it less ghastly, but it's not on my list of priorities right now.
In case you didn't catch my praise of the game so far I'm a huge fan!
The story, the girls and the sex all add up to one of the best games on this site. Please don't let any criticisms discourage you. I have seen projects die because a part of the fan base became Karens demanding this and that without contributing a dime to the development.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
My top list:
1.Caitlyn
2.Lyriel
3.Rae
4.Naomi.

Im more interested with Cait and Lyriel than Rae and Naomi.Its weird because im usually like all the character in other game(maybe because they all have a good personality).But not this one.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm curious what it is people who don't like Naomi don't like about her, is it her character or are they not into muscle girls? It wouldn't be the fun kind of poll but it sure would be interesting.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
I'm curious what it is people who don't like Naomi don't like about her, is it her character or are they not into muscle girls? It wouldn't be the fun kind of poll but it sure would be interesting.
I wouldn't say I have as strong as a reaction as some of the other people here. But probably due to her being brash, and somewhat dom. I like the different air she bring to the group, but I don't necessarily connect with those aspects of hers as much. And I like her looks, some muscle on a women is a welcome addition.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Honestly, I like Naomi's motherly ways, the teet suck/jerkoff scene was A+ in my book.
I like Naomi in general but here are the two, two and a half things that don't work for me, the second one is the major one.
The two things I have against her are:
1.) The workout scene grossed me the hell out. sweat-stained shorts with a femdom flavored smothering was a perfect recipe for making me gag. That being one of the first "Sexual" interactions colored my perception of her sexually in a negative way.
2.) She seems very emotionally distant. Like, on the one hand she likes cuddling by the door frame, which is sweet, but anytime you try and get close after sex she shoos you away. Makes me feel like you were just a placeholder for someone else and she would of taken any warm body at that moment, so its not sweet anymore, it doesnt mean anything. That point is kinda driven home when she starts cuddling Caitlyn in the doorframe instead.
3.) Though this is a very, very minor one, the coloring of her character just feels super off to me. I get she's suppose to be black but the way her nipples look, like thats the only part of the character model that was not dyed black, makes it seem as if Naomi is a white model doing blackface and it always bugged me. Like I said, very, very minor but something that always seemed off.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
3.) Though this is a very, very minor one, the coloring of her character just feels super off to me. I get she's suppose to be black but the way her nipples look, like thats the only part of the character model that was not dyed black, makes it seem as if Naomi is a white model doing blackface and it always bugged me. Like I said, very, very minor but something that always seemed off.
I'll agree with that in terms of her body problems. I find it super odd, her nipples seems out of place(being either black, or just really tanned).

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I'm neutral about muscle girls (within reason). When I gave it some more thought, maybe "I don't like Naomi" was a bit of a blanket statement. There are things about her that I like and things that I dislike.
I like to see her softer side, brief as it may be. I like how she basically became a mother to Caitlyn and the way she interacts with Rae. I like how you can pass her a bottle of booze and you can spend hours chatting with her about whatever. I like her laid back, worrying-ain't-gonna-solve-anything attitude.

I don't like that the first scene with her in the attic (the workout stuff) quickly turned into a sweat-stained femdom scene, which is something that turns me off way too fast (personal dislike). I don't like that she's all cuddly and affectionate during sex, then boots you out of the door as soon as it's over, like you were just a cheap rag she used to wipe herself off and then it's not needed anymore. I don't like how she basically tried to punch you in the face even after you just tried to help her. The pirate jargon I'm mostly neutral on.

Overall I suppose I can't say I don't like her entirely, but keeping these negative points (from my personal perspective) in mind, I'm not too fond of her either. Might change my tune when/if we find out more about her in the future. Nothing reels me back in like good plot/backstory exposition.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
i like Naomi, muscle girls are also my thing, what i don't like, i don't know if its rly a dislike thing or just not used to it, but i think her face/head do not match with her body, not ugly by any means, just think there is a mismatch somewhere:WaitWhat:
I agree 100%. I really like the character of Naomi even though I don't care for her femdom content. But her baby face doesn't match the hard body or her "tough as nails" backstory.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
A House In The Rift [v0.4.7r4 Public] [Zanith] - Original Size: 2.12GB
Compressed Android(713MB): WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Windows/Linux(815MB): WORKUPLOAD
Compressed MAC(813MB): WORKUPLOAD

^I've reduced video resolution to 540p on the Android version for smoother playback and reduced heat on older phones^

UPDATE: My builds now feature a customized version of OEJ's Gallery unlocker mod! Just go to the preferences screen and enable the "master key" button I put there! The gallery unlocker mod hasn't been updated yet, so in the meantime I've implemented my own, weaker unlocker. Some scenes may not be fully unlocked by the "master key".

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script! Check it out!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you give a mega link for the compressed version?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes