MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Mythic Manor Kind of a mix of this game and the previously mentioned Harem Hotel. Yes the last update was a long time ago but the next one should be within the next couple of weeks. And it's supposed to be pretty big.
+1 to Mythic Manor, while I don't recall anything about it being particularly noteworthy, I do remember enjoying the overall product. 'A mix of A House in the Rift and Harem Hotel' is actually a surprisingly accurate description, I think. Just add monster girls, and you've nailed it. Very wholesome, I recall.

eddiekray

Oct 1, 2020
  • Once in a Lifetime (third highest rated on this website and my all time favorite)
  • The Headmaster
  • Harem Hotel (great game but the story for some girls are getting really dramatic and depressing which isn't bad but it can make it hard to take the other girls' stories seriously. At least for me)
  • Waifu Academy (pretty good if you don't mind waiting a year for an update)
  • Ripples
Part of the reason games use this art style or similar ones is because the software (it's a character creator game) is a lot easier/quicker to use than something like Daz or Blender so you can find a lot of other games on here that look like A House in the Rift.
Once in a Lifetime and Ripples are really good, i played them not so long ango. Im gonna give a shot to Waifu Academy and Harem Hotel and after that maybe The Headmaster.

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
damn i love naomi's personality at times. especially when she basically bursts through yona's door just to give a nickname. then again i love all the girls, Rae the slutty, affirmative yet mushy on the inside type, naomi the badass but enjoy life to it's fullest type attitude, Caitlin, shy girl next door nerd type and Lyria, the like, mean girl type lol (not enough info with Yona et though)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
damn i love naomi's personality at times. especially when she basically bursts through yona's door just to give a nickname. then again i love all the girls, Rae the slutty, affirmative yet mushy on the inside type, naomi the badass but enjoy life to it's fullest type attitude, Caitlin, shy girl next door nerd type and Lyria, the like, mean girl type lol (not enough info with Yona et though)
Oh, I loved that Yoyo scene. Naomi was kinda down and hesitant with no clue as to why it is after Yona's arrival - only to find out she wasn't happy what her usual nicknaming style offered. Here's a girl with priorities ;)

Reactions: ZanithOne

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Since when are we pandering to devs? What makes this one so special? Whatever, can wait.
The dev is usually updating the latest version themselves. Pandering is the wrong word for this. Maybe something like supply and demand? The dev supplies their updates so the demand for leaked early versions is low in this thread? I don‘t know how often this happened but I can‘t recall many of his patrons leaking the Version early.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
The dev is usually updating the latest version themselves. Pandering is the wrong word for this. Maybe something like supply and demand? The dev supplies their updates so the demand for leaked early versions is low in this thread? I don‘t know how often this happened but I can‘t recall many of his patrons leaking the Version early.
His patrons do leak download links but it doesn't happen very often. Somebody posted an update a week or two ago and was shamed by the people in this thread. I think the reason we don't see more people do it has more to do with the fact that the dev is active in this thread and the OP. Most devs put out public releases and a lot of them have become more active in their game's thread on f95 but their updates still get posted all the time. Zanith being the original poster probably gives him more authority in the eyes of most of the people that would otherwise leak his download links. It might also have to do with how often this game is updated. The frequency doesn't give people a lot of time to miss the game since a new update is just a few weeks away.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Since when are we pandering to devs? What makes this one so special? Whatever, can wait.
The question by the way isn't whether you, me, or anybody else on this thread is doing something, the question is what the dev and his supporters are doing. As soon as a version gets leaked it appears here.

Also, the negativity towards devs is quite unwarranted, without them there would be no game to begin with.

Reactions: voyeurkind

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Generally it's a good idea to avoid betas in the first place. They can be very, very buggy, they may have elements that can break your saves, and frequently they're low on content.

Especially with a dev that puts out updates as frequently as Zanith does, waiting for the public release is just a better idea.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Is it pandering? I don't think so.

Zanith has always been fair and upfront about the game and what's going on behind the scenes. Nothing is kept behind the paywall for long, we get the full game and there's no Patreon exclusive codes. So with that in mind, we pay Zanith back in kind. We still get the game, just not before its ready. Fair is fair and all that.

And as its been said, Alpha builds are discouraged due to their buggy nature and while Beta builds aren't as bad, they can still cause problems later on, so its best to leave them to get everything ironed out.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I no longer remember who it was, but an alpha build for one I support got leaked. The Dev took the attitude, "Well, I guess we'll have a bigger playtest group." If I remember correctly, F95Zone had both the alpha and the previous version available during that time.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I no longer remember who it was, but an alpha build for one I support got leaked. The Dev took the attitude, "Well, I guess we'll have a bigger playtest group." If I remember correctly, F95Zone had both the alpha and the previous version available during that time.
I mean... I doubt Zanith was happy about it, but cat's kinda out of the bag at that point.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
At the end of the day it's fairly simple. If we like a developer than those of us that have access to these builds won't want to release them because we do not want to do screw him over. And those of us that don't have access to them won't ask for them because again, we don't want to screw him over. It's the bare minimum anyone can do to show appreciation and respect to someone who is doing good work.

And this isn't a stance against piracy either. I'll pirate AAA games or from people who are dicks all day long. But this guy isn't. In fact he is quite the opposite. So it is only fair we at least show some patience.

Plus frankly it is extremely entitled of that guy to think that he has a right to demand people give him what he wants (in this case a leaked beta) and get offended when we don't. He is literally complaining that we ain't pandering to him and calling that pandering to the dev. Hypocritical much?

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
I wish people were this enraged about literally every single big company milking players for money. Like you buy the game then in order to play you gotta pay a monthly subscription and you still have stuff you can buy with real money. Oh or paying for mods, that's also a good one. Or how about releasing a bugfest of a game that you fix later with DLCs that are meant to also provide the other 75% of the content that should have been there from the start.

Yeah, I like Zanith, they aren't even the lesser evil, they are cool.

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes