Renart

Sep 12, 2020
No, as others have said he visited Dun Eideann with Rae and they saw that the wizards there had been able to contain the incursion without it destroying the whole world. We have no idea how much damage was done in the meantime though.

OK, but that's not what people are suggesting will happen. Imagine if our guy learns to fully use his power, he severs the links that keep everyone bound to the house, creates a portal in the doorway that the residents can use to travel to their worlds etc., then why is living there with him and the other girls while they do what they want to do with their lives any less desirable than going to live somewhere else and doing it?

I suspect that what we will find is that all or most of them survived, but with no ship and no captain they separated and went their different ways. I suspect that all the girls will end up staying with him in the end (if you do their routes, at least), and narratively this means not having too much pulling them away for it to work. Having a crew and a ship wanting her back would definitely fall in that category.

Do you know where you read that? I don't remember seeing anything like that, though I only follow here and Patreon, I don't use Discord or Twitter.
Thanks for clarifying, that was what I meant, the girls and MC don't have to stay in his house all the time and all (y)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
OK, but that's not what people are suggesting will happen. Imagine if our guy learns to fully use his power, he severs the links that keep everyone bound to the house, creates a portal in the doorway that the residents can use to travel to their worlds etc., then why is living there with him and the other girls while they do what they want to do with their lives any less desirable than going to live somewhere else and doing it?
Well, the question when "being bound to the house but being able to travel" becomes freedom instead of confinement is on a sliding scale but generally the difference is agency. People in general do not like not being able to choose something else even if they would not do so. Just to have an option in case the want or need arises. I don't want to ever move out of my hometown, it also is pretty unlikely that I would ever need to, but forbid me to settle up somewhere else and I will feel restricted. Even if I can go there on holidays. Then the question arises "how long can a vacation be?"

If however you meant "if the girls choose to stay with him even though they could go away", then that would be precisely what I was saying - or at least trying to say. That would be okay to me and not be "less desirable" than living anywhere else. I. e. "We are stuck in this place and cannot get out, but it's fine since we have everything including lots of sex": bad ending. "We could go elsewhere but will stay here since we have everything including lots of sex": good ending.

Reactions: _exodus_

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It was on Patreon in a public post a few months back.I think it was a roadmap post or something similar. He said that he was doing environment for each girl. Lyrile even though was the new character at the time already had her environment in the inn. And Naomi's was the hardest to do with a caravelle that didn't look like shit or that was prohibitively expansive for his asset budget.

Edit:
I found the exact patreon post:
OK, that isn't saying what you think it's saying. Nothing in there implies a hub you can move around like we move around the house.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
OK, that isn't saying what you think it's saying. Nothing in there implies a hub you can move around like we move around the house.
Yhea after rereading the post I figured as much, it was time for me to go to sleep so I didn't have time to clarifie my thought. The information is almost à year old by now.

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
This game honestly does a better job of selling me on it's characters than most TV shows these days.
Agree, although, Caitlin obsession with books can be annoying, and she does not grow as a character, her shyness remains, still she can be funny sometimes, maybe someday she will grow up as a character for me, but now I skipped her route completely. Naomi is hilarious, but her lines are hard to read for me.

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
Not gonna lie, it's a little disappointing that there looks to be no story progress or character development this release. I've never really been a fan of these dream events. They feel so disconnected and inconsequential in the broader context of the game. I'm looking forward to the next release. Maybe the appearance of Rae's mentor here is priming the pump for imminent Rae story progress? Here's hoping anyway.

furyto

Jul 21, 2018
How do you trigger the new dream? Cant seem to do it and the game was patched succesfully Had a slightly modified version of the game, if it doesnt work just redownload it.
Edit: Who tf is Sandra? The door between bathroom and MC room

Last edited:

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Awww i was hoping for at last editing some "old and no longer valid" Lyriel texts :p. Nevertheless it's a great game and can't wait for future upgrades

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
How do you trigger the new dream? Cant seem to do it and the game was patched succesfully Had a slightly modified version of the game, if it doesnt work just redownload it.
Edit: Who tf is Sandra? The door between bathroom and MC room
Sandra is the MC's sister.

Reactions: furyto

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Everytime I see this game on the front page I instantly click it because its hands down one of my favorites, but is the this update sadly just a dream?

Well, the question when "being bound to the house but being able to travel" becomes freedom instead of confinement is on a sliding scale but generally the difference is agency. People in general do not like not being able to choose something else even if they would not do so. Just to have an option in case the want or need arises. I don't want to ever move out of my hometown, it also is pretty unlikely that I would ever need to, but forbid me to settle up somewhere else and I will feel restricted. Even if I can go there on holidays. Then the question arises "how long can a vacation be?"

If however you meant "if the girls choose to stay with him even though they could go away", then that would be precisely what I was saying - or at least trying to say. That would be okay to me and not be "less desirable" than living anywhere else. I. e. "We are stuck in this place and cannot get out, but it's fine since we have everything including lots of sex": bad ending. "We could go elsewhere but will stay here since we have everything including lots of sex": good ending.
I'm just hopping in here at the end, but honesty the way I hope the story ends is with the guy finally gaining control of his abilities, and letting the girls go home, but giving them a key or a means to come back to the house whenever they wish. Also letting the house itself remain in the void while the mc himself can freely move back and forth between it and his or other worlds. That way lives can continue while continue to be together and not having to break the bounds ties they share.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to 0.5.6:
I guess this is going to be different, no idea how it will be structured, like for one playthrough or requiring multiple or what.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was all great. I can't wait to see which CG will get expanded next.

Reactions: ZanithOne
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes