ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
* What do you know, an actual game, made by someone who speaks English. Next thing you know we'll have flying pigs and sno-cones in hell.

* I've never liked option buttons where there's a single option. Why not just play it out in the dialogue?

* 'Grap here head and go to town'?

* I'm assuming 'cracks', not 'craks'.

* It would be nice if there was a quick jump menu to take you to locations you've been before

* This dream puzzle is starting to get annoying, but not in a bad way.

* 'Voices divolve into a cacophony'

Okay, I couldn't get through the dream sequence, but that's okay. Outside of some minor quibbles and typos, I think this is quite good, and I'll be very interested in seeing more.
Thanks for pointing out the typos, will fix ASAP!

As for the single-option menus, which ones exactly do you mean? I did cut bits of dialogue here and there, so there might be some dangling choices left.

As for the dream sequence, it should become much easier after the third try, there is a tiny bit of stat progression there, but for now it's hidden and the puzzle itself is asking for the rework anyway.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I don't remember exactly where the single option button was, unfortunately. If I get a chance, I'll go back and check.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
The version 0.1.1 is live and the topic is updated. Along with typo fixes, I've added more gradual changes to the second lesson dream sequence, and after the third try it should be almost impossible to fail that sequence.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
and after the third try it should be almost impossible to fail that sequence.
Did you mean on the third try, or on the the fourth? As "after the third" try implies the fourth (or more, technically as you did not say "immediately after the third").

I love pedantry!

• Angry
Reactions: Axeleen

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Did you mean on the third try, or on the the fourth? As "after the third" try implies the fourth (or more, technically as you did not say "immediately after the third").

I love pedantry!
On the fourth and further tries, as you can in fact still fail the sequence if you select all the wrong options and are a personal enemy of the RNG.

Kiwo

Jul 11, 2018
Really good, most of the Honey Select games are pretty simple looking and the characters always looks the same, good game.

Daxarian

Dec 24, 2017
Good start, I really enjoyed the demo. The only issue I had was the size of the house - you need to click a lot to travel between scenes. I'm guessing it might feel a bit better with more characters. Other than that, there's a lot of potential here, looking forward to future updates.

Apr 9, 2019
@ZanithOne

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THAT WAS FUCKING FUN!

Sorry for all caps, but damn, this was fun, I love the concept and can see how interesting this could potentially be! Fix the jerky animation when you bang on the couch, but everything else was fantastic. It took me a few tries on the dreamwalk training, but I felt accomplished after not seeing the angry dude's face.

I definitely want to tap the pirate booty. Looking forward to what you put out. Very original, be proud, and if you abandon this game at all I will go Liam Neeson on your ass!
:sneaky:(y)

And it's early, but Azraesha best grill! Petite succubus for the win.
298621 298627

Girafen

Jul 30, 2018
Very short but I enjoyed it, looking forward to more! =)

I'm not a whole lot into game developing, but noticed your patreon said "Tooling & Assets Covered.", what programs are you using etc. that are financially draining? And just in general to create the game. I thought it was Honey Select, but the models seems a bit different from the other games I've seen with it.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Very short but I enjoyed it, looking forward to more! =)

I'm not a whole lot into game developing, but noticed your patreon said "Tooling & Assets Covered.", what programs are you using etc. that are financially draining? And just in general to create the game. I thought it was Honey Select, but the models seems a bit different from the other games I've seen with it.
Hi! You're right, the CGs are mostly done in HoneySelect, but I use many Adobe tools for post. HS is a notoriously janky app, so I need to record video in ultra slo-mo to be able to make a smooth 60fps loop. Premiere helps with that and some color work, photoshop I use for image effects on the static scenes and audition for sound editing. As for the models, I don't use almost anything from the base game, only body meshes and some clothes. Most of the props in the game are of horrible quality, so I buy assets on Unity Store and in other places to have some decent environments. I try to get by with free assets, but those are not always enough. For example, I need a good-looking ship with interiors for the pirate lady's dreams, there's nothing that looks good and has everything that's needed in free assets, and the one I want - - costs $75.

Reactions: zhengyus and jdfbj

kin1146

Apr 19, 2017
Dude the fighting is a major pain. Whenever its my turn to hit, she'll always go into the stance were you can't hit her on your attack turn and will drag out the fight for 5 hours before just spamming the same move on me three times so i can't avoid being hit.

Last edited:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Dude the fighting is a major pain. Whenever is my turn to hit, she'll always go into the stance were you can't hit her on you attack turn and will drag out the fight for 5 hours before just spamming the same move on me three times so I can't avoid being hit.
yup..it is what made me close the game and go play something else..screw this..i'm going home.

4.70 star(s) 315 Votes