Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Thinking about more repeatable scenes per yesterday's poll, I have an idea for a new morning scene.
rae_on_bed.jpg Inspired by this image from the morning after our first training, what if some days Rae sleeps in and MC can go wake her up like she's woken him a few times now? I imaging him laying down beside her and gently teasing her pussy with his fingers, maybe teasing her breast with his mouth, gently waking her up with pleasure, pushing her over the edge just as she wakes up and then giving her a good morning kiss.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone know if there's a walkthrough? I know there is a guidebook that tells you what to do, but it doesn't tell you which is the better choices. Lucky I got past Rae's hand holding park scene and I got + intimacy, but I don't know if there's +2's or - intimacy.

Also, the attic change is amazing. I love how Rae did with it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So one thing I'm wondering about, there are several places you can find the girls doing different things in each time slot, are these random or does it depend on what day it is? Do we have a weekly cycle going on? That would be common in a free-roaming game like this, but all the game gives us is a day number.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Thinking about more repeatable scenes per yesterday's poll, I have an idea for a new morning scene.
Inspired by this image from the morning after our first training, what if some days Rae sleeps in and MC can go wake her up like she's woken him a few times now? I imaging him laying down beside her and gently teasing her pussy with his fingers, maybe teasing her breast with his mouth, gently waking her up with pleasure, pushing her over the edge just as she wakes up and then giving her a good morning kiss.
Definitely something I will consider for the future versions.

Does anyone know if there's a walkthrough? I know there is a guidebook that tells you what to do, but it doesn't tell you which is the better choices. Lucky I got past Rae's hand holding park scene and I got + intimacy, but I don't know if there's +2's or - intimacy.
Walkthrough is a Resident-level perk, and will be out with 0.3.3.

So one thing I'm wondering about, there are several places you can find the girls doing different things in each time slot, are these random or does it depend on what day it is? Do we have a weekly cycle going on? That would be common in a free-roaming game like this, but all the game gives us is a day number.
There is a weekly schedule, some occupations are semi-random, and schedule may change due to an event. I will add weekday indication at the very least.

Reactions: Zontany

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
There is a weekly schedule, some occupations are semi-random, and schedule may change due to an event. I will add weekday indication at the very least.
I thought there probably would be. The reason I ask is because a few times, I haven't been able to find Rae anywhere, and I wondered if knowing the day number would help. The morning of the 18th and the evening of the 23rd, I looked in all her normal places but couldn't find her.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I thought there probably would be. The reason I ask is because a few times, I haven't been able to find Rae anywhere, and I wondered if knowing the day number would help. The morning of the 18th and the evening of the 23rd, I looked in all her normal places but couldn't find her.
It's possible that there could be a conflict if maybe on that day/time say rae & another girl were both scheduled to be in the kitchen or watching tv, I haven't looked at the script to see how it works so thats just my guess *shrug*
hmm but no that couldn't be what happened because you said the evening which is when rae is in her room in the attic,
welp my idea falls flat then nevermind just ignore this...

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Uhh... I might have forgot to change some scheduling variables. :whistle: I'll fix it for 0.3.3.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Oh, and I decided to put out a teaser for one of the latest scenes in the game:

It's only a single loop from the scene, so, not totally spoiling it.

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
Man... why does that MC gotta be everyone's little bitch.
I play games as a fantasy power trip. Not to incarnate some spineless slime. I'm not asking him to be perfect in every way. But if you're gonna make a weak ass MC, at least make him smart/insightful/clever instead of completely useless if not for his god given ''gift''.
I really hope this gets better soon or this is a hard pass.

Reactions: Ass~God

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Man... why does that MC gotta be everyone's little bitch.
I play games as a fantasy power trip. Not to incarnate some spineless slime. I'm not asking him to be perfect in every way. But if you're gonna make a weak ass MC, at least make him smart/insightful/clever instead of completely useless if not for his god given ''gift''.
I really hope this gets better soon or this is a hard pass.
How is he everyones bitch?? I didn't get that feeling at all except maybe the dom stuff with Naomi.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Uhh... I might have forgot to change some scheduling variables. :whistle: I'll fix it for 0.3.3.
I'm glad you said that, I was a little afraid that I was going crazy and had forgotten one of the places to look.
Oh, and I decided to put out a teaser for one of the latest scenes in the game:

It's only a single loop from the scene, so, not totally spoiling it.
Oh hell yeah, I've been looking forward to sexytimes with Naomi since we first met her. I just hope him hooking up with Naomi too doesn't upset Rae. It probably won't right? She's a succubus, she should be open to unconventional relationships.

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
How is he everyones bitch?? I didn't get that feeling at all except maybe the dom stuff with Naomi.
With the succubus mostly, I did my best to have her leave me alone since I don't like her. Still regardless of what I did she kinda just slaps you around and have you do whatever she wants (''why don't you do the dishes?'') with no possibility to tell her to fuck off.
Also kinda weird that I got some ''trust'' route end for her even though I did my best to antagonize her whenever I could.

But its mostly about the MC being a dumbass and weak. when meeting Naomi for the first time. The one dialogue tree where you antagonize her ends up with you getting choked to almost death. Seriously what's the point of putting that in the game if the MC can't do shit about it and is just going to take it like a bitch. Get up. Then forget all about it and follow the two girls like a lost puppy.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by games like Solvalley or Waifu academy with competent and funny MC's. Instead of a wanna be self insert.
This is clearly one of those no personality MC's who's only purpose is to prop up the other characters.
Hell even the girls wanting to have sex with him is justified with some crappy ''succubus aura'' plot device. If there was any other guy in the picture, the girls would probably shift all their attention to him.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
With the succubus mostly, I did my best to have her leave me alone since I don't like her. Still regardless of what I did she kinda just slaps you around and have you do whatever she wants (''why don't you do the dishes?'') with no possibility to tell her to fuck off.
Also kinda weird that I got some ''trust'' route end for her even though I did my best to antagonize her whenever I could.

But its mostly about the MC being a dumbass and weak. when meeting Naomi for the first time. The one dialogue tree where you antagonize her ends up with you getting choked to almost death. Seriously what's the point of putting that in the game if the MC can't do shit about it and is just going to take it like a bitch. Get up. Then forget all about it and follow the two girls like a lost puppy.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by games like Solvalley or Waifu academy with competent and funny MC's. Instead of a wanna be self insert.
This is clearly one of those no personality MC's who's only purpose is to prop up the other characters.
Hell even the girls wanting to have sex with him is justified with some crappy ''succubus aura'' plot device. If there was any other guy in the picture, the girls would probably shift all their attention to him.
If you were nice to her and not an ass then she would treat you better that ones obvious why would she be nice to the MC if he is a dick to her, do you not see the size difference between Naomi and the MC she is a freakin pirate built like a titan of-course she would kick his ass, maybe that will change later once he starts working out though.
Some of your post seems overly judgmental towards this game you say that succubus aura is a crappy plot device to justify sex but praise Solvally and Waifu? Solvally mostly goes I'm gonna fuck you! ehhh what? no! yes look at ma big dick! aww I think this guys a bit simple *boom* they fuck and Waifu has magic sex spray made from cum. Granted I enjoy both those games but they all so have convenient plot reason for why the mc gets to fuck all the girls.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
If you were nice to her and not an ass then she would treat you better that ones obvious why would she be nice to the MC if he is a dick to her, do you not see the size difference between Naomi and the MC she is a freakin pirate built like a titan of-course she would kick his ass, maybe that will change later once he starts working out though.
Some of your post seems overly judgmental towards this game you say that succubus aura is a crappy plot device to justify sex but praise Solvally and Waifu? Solvally mostly goes I'm gonna fuck you! ehhh what? no! yes look at ma big dick! aww I think this guys a bit simple *boom* they fuck and Waifu has magic sex spray made from cum. Granted I enjoy both those games but they all so have convenient plot reason for why the mc gets to fuck all the girls.
I'm not asking her to be nice to the MC, her reactions are perfectly fine. What I don't like is that the MC then turns into her bitch afterwards instead of you know, telling her to fuck off.
And again Naomi overpowering the MC is perfectly fine. Which makes MC antagonizing her with 0 backup plan goddamn stupid since its obvious she'll kick his ass. Now, I know that I am the one who decided to antagonize her. But I assumed that if the option was there then it meant there was a point to it and the MC was smart enough to have some way out of it. Instead you almost die, lose ''points'', and its never mentioned again. So its either bad/lazy writing or a bad MC.

I have nothing against the game inherently. I actually think the writing is pretty good and interesting. which is actually what makes my issues with the MC more apparent.

Waifu academy has the most consistent and well written MC I have seen on this site and he works for everything he gets. So of course i'm praising it.
Solvalley takes itself waaaaay less seriously than this game so the whole ''big dick = irresistible sex god'' is fine and fits the comedic mood of the game. As for the MC himself, he doesn't take shit from anyone unless its completely logical and in character for him to do so.
''Succubus aura'' in this case is just a boring plot device that means the girls inherently want to fuck the MC without having to write logical way that happens. Its just awfully lazy to me.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm not asking her to be nice to the MC, her reactions are perfectly fine. What I don't like is that the MC then turns into her bitch afterwards instead of you know, telling her to fuck off.
And again Naomi overpowering the MC is perfectly fine. Which makes MC antagonizing her with 0 backup plan goddamn stupid since its obvious she'll kick his ass. Now, I know that I am the one who decided to antagonize her. But I assumed that if the option was there then it meant there was a point to it and the MC was smart enough to have some way out of it. Instead you almost die, lose ''points'', and its never mentioned again. So its either bad/lazy writing or a bad MC.

I have nothing against the game inherently. I actually think the writing is pretty good and interesting. which is actually what makes my issues with the MC more apparent.

Waifu academy has the most consistent and well written MC I have seen on this site and he works for everything he gets. So of course i'm praising it.
Solvalley takes itself waaaaay less seriously than this game so the whole ''big dick = irresistible sex god'' is fine and fits the comedic mood of the game. As for the MC himself, he doesn't take shit from anyone unless its completely logical and in character for him to do so.
''Succubus aura'' in this case is just a boring plot device that means the girls inherently want to fuck the MC without having to write logical way that happens. Its just awfully lazy to me.
I'm not saying you shouldn't praise Waifu I agree it's a good game what I did say was that they have similar plot reasons as to why the mc gets to fuck the girls. It just seemed a bit odd the way you criticized succubus aura and then compared the games which lead me to believe you were comparing the sex scene reasoning but yeah after re-reading your post I see you were comparing the MCs
I only saw the nice guy choke out scene so I'm not sure what the differences are I didn't lose any points though but I'm fairly sure the reasoning behind the scene is to act as a lead in to her later dom stuff.
Honestly I can't comment on his reaction to the way Rea treats him as I didn't play him as a jerk to her so I never read that dialogue.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
I'm not saying you shouldn't praise Waifu I agree it's a good game what I did say was that they have similar plot reasons as to why the mc gets to fuck the girls. It just seemed a bit odd the way you criticized succubus aura and then compared the games which lead me to believe you were comparing the sex scene reasoning but yeah after re-reading your post I see you were comparing the MCs
I only saw the nice guy choke out scene so I'm not sure what the differences are I didn't lose any points though but I'm fairly sure the reasoning behind the scene is to act as a lead in to her later dom stuff.
Honestly I can't comment on his reaction to the way Rea treats him as I didn't play him as a jerk to her so I never read that dialogue.
Fair enough. I did choose a pretty different path from what most would do.
But my point is that if the dev can't write for multiple MC personalities (nice guy/asshole) logically. Then he shouldn't give us the option to be either and just stick to one consistent and meaningful personality.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Fair enough. I did choose a pretty different path from what most would do.
But my point is that if the dev can't write for multiple MC personalities (nice guy/asshole) logically. Then he shouldn't give us the option to be either and just stick to one consistent and meaningful personality.
I hate playing as an jerk but now I kind of want to see what you have been talking about....
Ugh... maybe later I'll start the game and playthough as a jerk.

4.70 star(s) 316 Votes