Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The only one I like is Lyriel, Rae is also interesting, but I just can't get interested in the others, especially the muscular ones. I haven't finished the content available to them, and in Yona's case, I've barely started.
To be fair, with Yona's content, you can have "barely started" and "finished" it at the same time ;)

My personal issue with Yona is more about "How late in the plot" she joined the group/family...so unless we're (secretly) still in the prologue of the game(but i don't think so XD) i feel that's what doesn't click in the right way(again: FOR ME): how every girl joined the "house" relatively early(Lyriel joins us "mid-game" i think or still in an acceptable time) but Yona? I mean MC is nearly an expert in etherwalking when Yona joins the group.
And there will be one more coming ... yeah, "latecomers" are often at a disadvantage, to switch within Bioware: when you meet Zevran in Dragon Age Origins, you've already set up your party, you know your moves, pretty unlikely you'll gonna change for that. (In ME this was even worse with Legion whom you barely get to know since the game even does not give you time to do dawdling around with him and - if you know how it works - forces you to move directly to the suicide mission.)

But the way we experience it during development may not be the same as players will experience it in the finished game. Here, in every update we finish all the content and then wait for the next one, in the finished game it will probably be more parallel, so you still have half the stuff with Rae on your to do list which we already did 7 months ago.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I just prefer my women dainty and sweet, having Naomi as one head crushing amazon was enough for me to fill that spot already.
Yona's personality is much nicer than Naomi, but I've never been into huge muscle boys so neither appeal to me "physically" and Naomi's personality is straight "drunken frat-boy". As far as I'm concerned they can be the first one's sent back home and the sooner the better (or in Naomi's case just pushed out the front door into the void). Bring in a cute goblin girl for the "greenskin" (which I am a fan of when they're attractive) or Naga girl or something - just lose the weightlifters.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Honestly i never had a problem with skin colours...mostly because i never really cared about it and my parents raised me right...also Mass Effect taught me a lot(best romances: Liara, Tali and Garrus, who are...aliens with a different skin-colour what a coincidence XD)

My personal issue with Yona is more about "How late in the plot" she joined the group/family...so unless we're (secretly) still in the prologue of the game(but i don't think so XD) i feel that's what doesn't click in the right way(again: FOR ME): how every girl joined the "house" relatively early(Lyriel joins us "mid-game" i think or still in an acceptable time) but Yona? I mean MC is nearly an expert in etherwalking when Yona joins the group.

Mind me that i like every character(Rae is the best one, and Cait a close second because she is adorable, Naomi third because how protective of Cait is, Lyriel fourth bc she is the good kind of tsundere and because again Yona is the last one in my top5 for the reasons i already explained) but yeah...Yona doesn't still well for me just because she joined way too late in my opinion.
I couldn't care less about skin color either; 'greenskins' is generally used as a term referring to goblin type's (probably considered deragatory, but maybe not)....not much different than saying you have a fetish for Neko's, gingers, demonkin, etc. Technically dryads don't fall into that catagory either, I just suddenly realized how many games I was playing that had goblin LI's.

I don't really consider her as being late to the family, simply because they (still) are not all there yet. I'm not sure where we are as far as the story goes (early/middle/close-to-the-end), but we have always known more were to come. Even now there is still supposed to be one more on the way.

I like them all as well. For my personal tastes; Rae is best girl, followed by Lyriel with Cait a very close 3rd (she is too damn cute, but I prefer tsundere over naivety). Naomi & Yona are (currently) tied in last place.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
And there will be one more coming ... yeah, "latecomers" are often at a disadvantage, to switch within Bioware: when you meet Zevran in Dragon Age Origins, you've already set up your party, you know your moves, pretty unlikely you'll gonna change for that. (In ME this was even worse with Legion whom you barely get to know since the game even does not give you time to do dawdling around with him and - if you know how it works - forces you to move directly to the suicide mission.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Plus Lilianna is just annoying, and they fuglied up her in-game model compared to her trailer appearance (which was gorgeous), which is exactly the opposite of what they did with Morrigan, weirdly.
But the way we experience it during development may not be the same as players will experience it in the finished game. Here, in every update we finish all the content and then wait for the next one, in the finished game it will probably be more parallel, so you still have half the stuff with Rae on your to do list which we already did 7 months ago.
Pretty much this. The actual "timeline" of the game is likely to be very different once it's complete. My in-game time is over a year so far if memory serves, and I technically got Yona near the end (and we haven't even got Blair yet), but in "reality" she would probably have been picked up after like 2 months or something.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Plus Lilianna is just annoying, and they fuglied up her in-game model compared to her trailer appearance (which was gorgeous), which is exactly the opposite of what they did with Morrigan, weirdly.
Oh, I have to disagree from the bottom of my heart. Leliana in DA:O is my waifu despite all the loveliness of Morrigan. Leliana in DA:I however ...

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Oh, I have to disagree from the bottom of my heart. Leliana in DA:O is my waifu despite all the loveliness of Morrigan. Leliana in DA:I however ...
The Party : "Hey Leliana, sing us a song!"
Leliana : "Ok! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
*Leliana proceeds to be useless even totally kitted out with an awesome bow and fails at discovering traps*

(just noticed I screwed up spelling her name earlier, oh well)
She's a decent LI though, despite Morrigan having more "depth" especially if you do the DLC mirror thing and carry through to DA:I. They peaked with Mass Effect 1-2-3 LIs (mostly 2 with Jack and Tali). We won't even mention the clusterfuck that was Andromeda.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

Possibly(about how we'll experience the game once it's finished)! I don't know, i rarely read the news on the patreon's page. So go figure that, i'm sure i will replay the whole game from zero for that exact reason, like i did for several other games (like Freeloading Family and Once in a lifetime XD)

I couldn't care less about skin color either; 'greenskins' is generally used as a term referring to goblin type's (probably considered deragatory, but maybe not)....not much different than saying you have a fetish for Neko's, gingers, demonkin, etc. Technically dryads don't fall into that catagory either, I just suddenly realized how many games I was playing that had goblin LI's.

I don't really consider her as being late to the family, simply because they (still) are not all there yet. I'm not sure where we are as far as the story goes (early/middle/close-to-the-end), but we have always known more were to come. Even now there is still supposed to be one more on the way.

I like them all as well. For my personal tastes; Rae is best girl, followed by Lyriel with Cait a very close 3rd (she is too damn cute, but I prefer tsundere over naivety). Naomi & Yona are (currently) tied in last place.
That's why i also used the word "FEEL" (probably i didn't use it enough, sorry <3): I FEEL that Yona joined the Family a bit too late...but when i'll play the completed game i will either confirm that or my feeling about it will change. And i didn't know that another character would join us...i mean there are still some locked doors...but i never thought of it(i simply enjoy the game trying to avoid to make predictions xD)

Reactions: Tavi13

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
there's this really stupid thing modern 'mainstream' games are doing - they are making the women fugly on purpose. Because evidently being sexy and attractive is considered 'bad'. This is one of the most incredibly stupid things I have ever run into. But that's what they are doing, and it's making me not bother with games from those bigger companies at all. Their loss.

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
Honestly i never had a problem with skin colours...mostly because i never really cared about it and my parents raised me right...also Mass Effect taught me a lot(best romances: Liara, Tali and Garrus, who are...aliens with a different skin-colour what a coincidence XD)
greenskin is just a term used for orc/goblin characters and relates more to the general apperance rather then just skincolor. orcs are usually rough, muscular and have large teeth etc. thats the context i had in mind when i used that term.

as the others have already stated pacing and how the events flow into each other is gonna be way different once the game is finished compared to now.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
greenskin is just a term used for orc/goblin characters and relates more to the general apperance rather then just skincolor. orcs are usually rough, muscular and have large teeth etc. thats the context i had in mind when i used that term.

as the others have already stated pacing and how the events flow into each other is gonna be way different once the game is finished compared to now.
and like i already stated, i will MAYBE change my mind when i'll re-play the whole game from zero, once it's completed. for now i stated that i've A FEELING about Yona being introduced too late, and like every feeling, IT may CHANGE ^_^

(i'm using some caps, to emphasize the words i think are important XD)

Reactions: Tavi13

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
My favorite was Tali, thin, thigh gap, small breasts, and an incredibly cute voice. Being an alien had very little to do with it for me.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
That's my point, i played Mass effect when i was like 14-15 and nobody gave me the "racism is bad" talk....i learned it on my own through games like Mass Effect XD
I don't even think about racism. It only exists if you think about it. for the most part, everyone you run into these days doesn't operate that way. I suppose it would depend on where you live though, was never a factor in my life or any of my friends lives yet. And we are lots of different races. Heck i'm a demon spawn and nobody really hates me for that. (except those silly holy warriors. not a fan of those)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I don't even think about racism. It only exists if you think about it. for the most part, everyone you run into these days doesn't operate that way. I suppose it would depend on where you live though, was never a factor in my life or any of my friends lives yet. And we are lots of different races. Heck i'm a demon spawn and nobody really hates me for that. (except those silly holy warriors. not a fan of those)
in my area, a lot of non-italians(yep, i'm italian) were immigrating here...and i feel like that speech was necessary but at the same time, learning it from Mass Effect, was quite the experience XD

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
i just kinda wanna add my two cents here and say that Yona may be a cool character to be friendly with i dont really get any kind of attraction to her like i do with Cait! Yona being an orc girl isnt really screaming mega hottie to me. If we get some time to get to know her and she ends up having a super cool personality, i could see maybe wanting to have sex with her cause shes a close friend and all. as it stands now i just dont get aroused by looking at Yona as opposed to when i look at the other 4 girls.

but thats just my opinion... take it or leave it!

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
i just kinda wanna add my two cents here and say that Yona may be a cool character to be friendly with i dont really get any kind of attraction to her like i do with Cait! Yona being an orc girl isnt really screaming mega hottie to me. If we get some time to get to know her and she ends up having a super cool personality, i could see maybe wanting to have sex with her cause shes a close friend and all. as it stands now i just dont get aroused by looking at Yona as opposed to when i look at the other 4 girls.

it's a cool and common opinion ^^ we'll take it XD

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

Yona is...actually surprisingly feminine despite her appearance. The tusks though...sorry greenskins, but if you've got those I don't think I want you anywhere near me.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yona is...actually surprisingly feminine despite her appearance. The tusks though...sorry greenskins, but if you've got those I don't think I want you anywhere near me.
AHAHAH some goblins/orcs are adorable XD

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I want to like Yona. I mean, I do so far, but still waiting on any story content for her.
Seems odd to introduce a new character then just leave them hanging like that for so long.

Cheers All
I like Yona, i just...FEEL she joined too late and that we've little content about her personally(i mean content where she is the main girl, or she learn stuff about her, or have an adventure with her and no one else)

It's like comparing Liara's romance with Jacob's romance: Liara appears in Mass Effect 1(where she is a party member and important for the plot), one major DLC(Lair of the Shadow Broker, my favourite DLC along with Citadel DLC), and the entire Mass Effect 3

Jacob appear only in Mass Effect 2 as party member, and he is not important, he is a random dude who ends up in the team and you'll replace him soon as you have Garrus or Grunt. Even the romance with him, begins and ends in Mass Effect 2, because in mass effect 3 he is a minor side-character and you learn that he cheated on Fem-Shepard and doesn't even regret it and on top of that blames it on Shepard(who spent 6 months on Earth because the events of Arrival DLC where Shepard is forced to destroy a Mass Relay which destroyed the Batarians' home planet just to delay the Reapers' arrival)

So yeah, my point is that there is a major difference between the content we have with Rae(FIRST girl in chronological order) and Yona(Fifth girl), i still like her, just...i wish to like her more...but i need more content for that to happen XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgotted
4.70 star(s) 320 Votes