mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I would honestly argue whit you about that Doom statement you just said there but this will go way off topic so ima just agree whit you there.
Story bad sex good. View attachment 1662801
Fair enough.

Although thinking about it further.
I think the MC's story is intentionally under developed so that the player can more easily self insert.
The waifus have lots of well developed story.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
Damn. I've been so busy with my own shit, I'd forgotten to expect a new update in this lovely gem. :)

Thanks for the upload!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Wouldn't that just be a game over?
"Ok, we destroyed the house and kicked everyone back to their home dimension. the end"
Not a very satisfying game.
Not necessarily.
Sometimes it's not about the destination. It's more about the journey.
If the destination is made out of reach, from the start, then the journey can be many things.
It can be about how to eventually overcome the obstacle, or it can completely dismiss the obstacle and simply make existence the journey.
Either way, it can still be immensely satisfying.
or is she still just ... kinda there?
Sadly, yes. We want our warrior back.

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
They absolutely do not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR any unhappiness girls have is due to the shit that happened to them. Not due to being trapped. To go back to their happier times will require a time machine (or maybe a way to resurrect the dead).
If you were able to just release them from the demiplane back to their original world they would hate it. Except for the succubus whose reaction would be milder
Being trapped alone is a lack of freedom and if you listen to the girls, they want the possibility to get out. Whether it is wise for them is irrelevant, they want to have that possibility. And by the way, having to spend the rest of your life with just this small a number of people is harrowing too.

You are correct that a game doesn't need a story (I would also argue MOO2 - the Orion games do have a story, even if MOO3 it's more the metastory of how to ruin a franchise by not understanding why people had fun with your game) but you can always substitute Tetris which I enjoyed the hell out of back in the day. And tastes do differ, not everybody has to look forward for the same stuff. But to me an eternal "we're stuck, we fuck" sounds horrible for this game. And if I put myself into the shoes of MC I wouldn't want it either.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I have tried running the patch from inside and outside the game folder I also ran it as admin and I get the same error every time.
AHitR Pather Error.png
Any help would be appreciated.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Being trapped alone is a lack of freedom and if you listen to the girls, they want the possibility to get out. Whether it is wise for them is irrelevant, they want to have that possibility. And by the way, having to spend the rest of your life with just this small a number of people is harrowing too.
just how many goalposts can you shift in one post? Not to mention the word mincing.
Having the option to leave is nice, yes.
But you argued that they are unhappy due to not being able to immediately permanently depart the demiplane. Which is a false claim. They are quite chipper.

You further argued that they want to return to their past lives, and that it is the anchor's fault they cannot return.
This is utter BS. excepting the succubus the others could not return to their old life because that life is gone, dead and buried.
Time and/or Death is what they need to breach if they wish to return to their old life.
Not the dimensional anchor. Because without time travel dead people remain dead, and others do not forget what you have done.

The exception is the succubus who could just pickup her old life... but she is also the one who is least bothered by it what with her need for a long vacation and talk of retiring to earth

As for it being harrowing to spend your life with only 5 other people... drama queen much?
Harrowing is a significant word and that is not it, it is at best slightly tedious
Besides 5 is a perfectly normal number for a social circle.
And they are explicitly having outings to meet more people too.
In fact with their frequent jumps they see more people outside of those they live with than I do.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
just how many goalposts can you shift in one post? Not to mention the word mincing.
Having the option to leave is nice, yes.
But you argued that they are unhappy due to not being able to immediately permanently depart the demiplane. Which is a false claim. They are quite chipper.

You further argued that they want to return to their past lives, and that it is the anchor's fault they cannot return.
This is utter BS. excepting the succubus the others could not return to their old life because that life is gone, dead and buried.
Time and/or Death is what they need to breach if they wish to return to their old life.
Not the dimensional anchor. Because without time travel dead people remain dead, and others do not forget what you have done.

The exception is the succubus who could just pickup her old life... but she is also the one who is least bothered by it what with her need for a long vacation and talk of retiring to earth

As for it being harrowing to spend your life with only 5 other people... drama queen much?
Harrowing is a significant word and that is not it, it is at best slightly tedious
Besides 5 is a perfectly normal number for a social circle.
And they are explicitly having outings to meet more people too.
In fact with their frequent jumps they see more people outside of those they live with than I do.
Strong accusations, especially since you claim I said things I didn't. I never talked about "immediately", it was about continuing the main plot. And no, I still claim that they are unhappy and not "quite chipper" even if they're having fun. Having fun momentarily - even for some time - isn't the same as being happy.

And what you call utter BS I addressed - it is about what you want, not necessarily what is possible. And even if it weren't 1:1 their old lives it could still be closer. You can't have the same crew for Naomi, but she still can go pirating in her world. Are Cait's problems really unavoidable? Doesn't sound like that. Obstacles are there, yes, but stories are about overcoming obstacles.

And yes, I stand by "harrowing" as a choice of words, at least insofar as I understand it as an ESL. None of the girls can have outings individually. None can have their own circle without at least MC being in there. This is not a group of friends, this is basically every day the same people. And once you get sick of them, or get bored together, there's no escape. There's no "other friends" people have in their lives outside their core "clique" to turn to. At least for me this idea is absolutely harrowing.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
And what you call utter BS I addressed - it is about what you want, not necessarily what is possible.
The utter BS is where you attribute the fault to the demiplane anchor.

Let us take this scenario:
Fact 1. Linda's father was murdered yesterday
Fact 2. Linda wishes to buy a car
(utter BS) Therefore Linda is sad because she has no car
(correct) Therefore Linda is sad because her father died

You are taking a scenario where characters are sad because of major shit (ex: dead family) and then attributing their sadness to some unrelated trivial issue.
Your defense of that position with "desires are not necessarily about what is possible" is... how do I even begin to address such nonsense? And I do not mean it as the casual insult but in the literal explicit definition of the word nonsense. Like saying 1+1=Blue.
You can't have the same crew for Naomi, but she still can go pirating in her world.
Have you payed no attention at all? Naomi loved her girls like family. This strong assertive woman was an utterly anxious wreck for days afraid of even looking to see if they are really dead. Her reactions do not in any way shape or form suggest that the girls are replaceable.

Why yes, if the trivial issue of being anchored to the frankly AWESOME demiplane she is semi-trapped in was resolved she COULD get a new set of loved ones. Those are indeed technically true statements. But they do not in any way shape or form indicate that the REASON Naomi is sad is the fact she is anchored to the awesome demiplane.

Her sadness is 100% caused by concern for the health and well being of her loved ones.
I never talked about "immediately"
You explicitly asked how to resolve releasing from the demiplane anchor.
I explicitly told you that it was explicitly stated in the game that this is being taken care of a few decades.
You specifically replied that this is not good enough and you want the game to "continue the plot" and resolve it now.
So while you did not specifically use the word "immediately", it is what you were indicating with your words. Unless we are going to have to start an argument about what the definition of the word "immediately" means? Are you going to say that what, its not immediate if you want to change it from 20 years to 2 weeks because you do not define such as timespan as immediate?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You are taking a scenario where characters are sad because of major shit (ex: dead family) and then attributing their sadness to some unrelated trivial issue.
Whether it is a trivial issue is your interpretation. And that they are unhappy only because of what happened back in their world is also your interpretation. It is not necessarily a fact though.

Your defense of that position with "desires are not necessarily about what is possible" is... how do I even begin to address such nonsense? And I do not mean it as the casual insult but in the literal explicit definition of the word nonsense. Like saying 1+1=Blue.
What is nonsensical about wanting stuff you cannot get? We all do it all of the time.

Have you payed no attention at all? Naomi loved her girls like family. This strong assertive woman was an utterly anxious wreck for days afraid of even looking to see if they are really dead. Her reactions do not in any way shape or form suggest that the girls are replaceable.
Have you ever lost a loved one? Yes, they are not replaceable. But that does not mean that everything you did with them is gone as well. Will it be the same? Arguably not. Can it still be better than just stopping? Yes, it can.

Why yes, if the trivial issue of being anchored to the frankly AWESOME demiplane she is semi-trapped in was resolved she COULD get a new set of loved ones. Those are indeed technically true statements. But they do not in any way shape or form indicate that the REASON Naomi is sad is the fact she is anchored to the awesome demiplane.
Again, that is your reading which I do not share. Not exclusively the fact I would agree, but also the fact.

Her sadness is 100% caused by concern for the health and well being of her loved ones.
Again, I disagree with the 100% if by "her loved ones" you mean her former crew.

You explicitly asked how to resolve releasing from the demiplane anchor.
I explicitly told you that it was explicitly stated in the game that this is being taken care of a few decades.
And how often has it been stated in media within a story that something cannot be done and then it was done? An author can build an obstacle to raise the stakes. And then the obstacle is overcome.

You specifically replied that this is not good enough and you want the game to "continue the plot" and resolve it now.
So while you did not specifically use the word "immediately", it is what you were indicating with your words. Unless we are going to have to start an argument about what the definition of the word "immediately" means? Are you going to say that what, its not immediate if you want to change it from 20 years to 2 weeks because you do not define such as timespan as immediate?
I was distinguishing between in game time (what the characters experience) and plot time. In game time, turning 20 years into two weeks is akin to "immediately", agreed, but that was a misunderstanding. What I was trying to say is that it does not need to be resolved within the next hour of gameplay or so. But in my opinion it needs to be resolved to make it a rounded story. "And they lived happily ever after in the demi plane" wouldn't cut it for me. Maybe for you, tastes differ.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
As is "subjective".
I think you might want to take that into consideration, before saying what universally is, or isn't, applicable use of "harrowing".
Just because it's not "acutely distressing" to you, doesn't mean it can't be to someone else.

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes