Korr

Jun 28, 2017
non of the dialogue choices so far have had any impact long term impact. Its not safe to assume that after more than 2 years of development we will suddenly get actual choices.
IF this game were the work of an actual team in a stabilished game studio, I would agree with you.

However, isn´t this game the work of a single person? One that has to, every now and then, aquiesce to the wishes of his Patreons? Given the circunstances, development taking a long time and eventually changing focus is not so much a danger, but an inevitability.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
IF this game were the work of an actual team in a stabilished game studio, I would agree with you.

However, isn´t this game the work of a single person? One that has to, every now and then, aquiesce to the wishes of his Patreons? Given the circunstances, development taking a long time and eventually changing focus is not so much a danger, but an inevitability.
"Has to", all of a sudden? Probably not. And as for "inevitable": many games do not change such a major element at all. Which may also serve to not alienate Patreons who come with a certain expectation to a game which has done something for years or here not done so - to stay that way. If you have a well running Chinese restaurant you don't start serving pizza because it'd be popular with some.

Also the question will always be "can this guy even make a decent pizza" - it is something else than your old staple. Or here: will different paths even work for the dev. Doing something you're not that comfortable with for Patreons' sake can easily turn bad.

Generally, after this time, I'd say a game should stay on its tracks. The next one may always be entirely different.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Honestly, I interpreted those nightmares not as masochistic tendencies (a masochist likes pain), but as her subconscious mind trying to deal with her fears of being useless, unwanted, unloved. She is clearly unhappy and terrified if you treat her badly, but relieved if you show her kindness (even though she remains somewhat afraid).
Agreed. Her introduction told us that her species were used by humans, the others at the inn were basically whores.
She never sold herself/got sold, so had a superiority complex, but also felt unwanted, inferior & resentful.
I think that a lot of her early arrogance was possibly her over-compensating for that.
Now she's discovering that she has a particular kink for, not just feeling useful, submitting to the MC.
She gets gratification from it, because she's a sub.
But I think it is safe to assume that another route is, at the very least, intended.
If there was to be an alternative path, I would have expected an option to be available for us not to take up the servant path.
Not much point introducing an alternative, when she's already started down the road. She'd need to double back & undo the episode. lol

Last edited:

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
"Has to", all of a sudden? Probably not.
His $15 Patreon reward includes:

• Vote in the sex & fetish polls, offer your ideas for the game

His $120 Patreon reward includes:

• Two personalized CGs up to four characters each, or an animation loop (about 5 seconds) of up to three characters

So, yeah, he *has* to, every now and then.

And as for "inevitable": many games do not change such a major element at all. Which may also serve to not alienate Patreons who come with a certain expectation to a game which has done something for years or here not done so - to stay that way. If you have a well running Chinese restaurant you don't start serving pizza because it'd be popular with some.
True, many games don´t go through major changes, specially when they aren´t a one-man studio funded by patreon.

This one, however? One that explicitely offers its patrons vote choices and some extra work, in the form of CGS/animation loops?

Yes, some changes in the script/plans are inevitable.

Also the question will always be "can this guy even make a decent pizza" - it is something else than your old staple. Or here: will different paths even work for the dev. Doing something you're not that comfortable with for Patreons' sake can easily turn bad.
This is True.

Thats why I keep saying that a extra route is "intended". Whatever plans the dev has, as of now, might become infeasible in the future.

Generally, after this time, I'd say a game should stay on its tracks. The next one may always be entirely different.
Fair enough.

However, given the devs words until now, I´d say that "stay on its tracks" means a different route for Lyriel in the future, and, by extension, the other girls as well.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
His $15 Patreon reward includes:

• Vote in the sex & fetish polls, offer your ideas for the game

His $120 Patreon reward includes:

• Two personalized CGs up to four characters each, or an animation loop (about 5 seconds) of up to three characters

So, yeah, he *has* to, every now and then.
Pretty sure that Patrons only get to choose from pre-determined options, on the polls?
Who defines the options for them? Maybe, the dev? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Seems that the only thing he "has to" do, is present some options then deliver the chosen one.
As such, changes in the script/plans are not inevitable, at all.
Each of the available choices is a potential part of his script/plan. All the vote does, is remove the others as an option for that particular update.

The 2nd tier is irrelevant. Personal CG with up to 4 characters has nothing to do with what goes into the game.
However, given the devs words until now, I´d say that "stay on its tracks" means a different route for Lyriel in the future, and, by extension, the other girls as well.
This makes no sense, at all.
The well defined tracks are that each girl has a unique personality & also a particular kink.
Naomi is a dom. Yona is a sub. Cait's a squirter, but she's figuring out what she likes. Same as Lyriel was, but Lyriel's discovered that she's a sub. Rae is a succubus, so all kinks apply there. Probably! :ROFLMAO:
None of them have had optional/alternative routes.
So the well established track to stay on, is that.
The track you imagine does not exist, in the game.

As I said, previously:
If there was to be an alternative path, I would have expected an option to be available for us not to take up the servant path.
The fact that there was not a choice, does not support your expectation of an alternative.
No point giving us an alternative, when we're already on this one. The alternative would come in the choice of treating her like a master/servant, or not.
There was no option not to. So it's not logical to assume there is an alternative. Nothing in the game supports this conclusion.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
True, many games don´t go through major changes, specially when they aren´t a one-man studio funded by patreon.

This one, however? One that explicitely offers its patrons vote choices and some extra work, in the form of CGS/animation loops?

Yes, some changes in the script/plans are inevitable.
I wouldn't say changes in plans. The voting options will certainly be within the range of the devs plans. It won't be that the quintuplet virgin sisters of the MC are suddenly appearing chained to the wall in a dungeon and he will rape them daily while clawing their eyes out. Polls like this will be about a character being more dominant or subservient or even on equal footing with the MC, whether they prefer anal, whether they will perform footjobs.

Also you quote "sex and fetish polls" - this however would be a gameplay poll. Diverging routes (which I personally generally prefer by the way) are not universally liked, all these mods "we will show you all scenes with a character in a single playthrough no matter whether you go romance or submission" don't play to the void our house is floating in. And while it may not be on NTR levels, people can get vocal on that. I'd say it is fair to assume that those reallyreallyreally wanting zigazig-ah and divergent routes will have voted with their wallets and have left the building.

Thus finally, even if it were all open field, I would severely doubt that this would be a thing that would get the votes to be implemented.

Reactions: Evil13 and whichone

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
I wouldn't say changes in plans. The voting options will certainly be within the range of the devs plans. It won't be that the quintuplet virgin sisters of the MC are suddenly appearing chained to the wall in a dungeon and he will rape them daily while clawing their eyes out. Polls like this will be about a character being more dominant or subservient or even on equal footing with the MC, whether they prefer anal, whether they will perform footjobs.

Also you quote "sex and fetish polls" - this however would be a gameplay poll. Diverging routes (which I personally generally prefer by the way) are not universally liked, all these mods "we will show you all scenes with a character in a single playthrough no matter whether you go romance or submission" don't play to the void our house is floating in. And while it may not be on NTR levels, people can get vocal on that. I'd say it is fair to assume that those reallyreallyreally wanting zigazig-ah and divergent routes will have voted with their wallets and have left the building.

Thus finally, even if it were all open field, I would severely doubt that this would be a thing that would get the votes to be implemented.
You are almost certainly correct when you say that any voting options will be added/crafted within the devs plans.

However, do not forget that his Patreons also have a discord. It is not out of the realm of possibility for an idea to be proposed there, become popular, and get enough support that the dev feels that he has no choice but to implement it. (and besides, sometimes shit quite simply happens: See what happened to the Android version of the game)

But one way or another, the fact remains that the dev HAS to, be it due to voting polls, make adjustments to the game, and due to rich patreons wating their personalized rewards, put extra work unrelated to the game development.

Which results, inevitably, in a longer development cycle and plans changing, even if such changes are small.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Which results, inevitably, in a longer development cycle and plans changing, even if such changes are small.
No. It "possibly" results in that. Not "inevitably". :FacePalm:
There are no changes. The options are his, so are already part of his plans.
It's simply a question of which one of his ideas gets chosen to progress.

Someone coming up with an idea on discord, still has to be written into the story, by the author.
So if he sees something of note, then it's already becoming part of his plans, as soon as he starts thinking about it seriously.
This does not mean his plans have changed, it just means a new plan was added.
A diversion to deliver a small side plan, does not mean that the overall plan is now altered.

Reactions: Cartageno

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
How long i have to wait to enjoy new Rae content, i love Rae most but recently she didn't get the attention
I think that people waiting for Cait, Naomi, or Yona might have something to say about that.
Particularly as Rae has the most content, of any.

Anyway, usually it's Patreon poll that decides which girl gets the update.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Because Rae is the girl we meet first :LOL: anyway, im not a patreon so im just say so
Yeah, so maybe the others need a chance to catch up a bit? Particularly Yona & Cait. I think Naomi has more than them.
I don't mind who we get, I like them all, but Rae is probably the character least in need of more devoted content.
You can see why Rae might not be getting anything new, for a few updates.

As I said, it generally depends on Patreon polls. I'm not one, either, so cannot vote.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Honestly, I interpreted those nightmares not as masochistic tendencies (a masochist likes pain), but as her subconscious mind trying to deal with her fears of being useless, unwanted, unloved. She is clearly unhappy and terrified if you treat her badly, but relieved if you show her kindness (even though she remains somewhat afraid).
Exactly. Submissive, a need to feel useful and needed. A need to feel protected, safe.
At least this is how good devs (IMHO) handle voting. There are some devs who effectively say, "I have plans for all these characters. Which one(s) would you like to see content for next?"

We probably all know the occasional dev who pretty much abandons the intended arc to appease "high roller" patrons, letting their votes dictate the flow of the story itself. Whether from writer's block or trying to maximize income, it's often hard to tell.

Reactions: Korr and whichone

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
Exactly. Submissive, a need to feel useful and needed. A need to feel protected, safe.
Probably. And the conflict between her subconscious (desires and fears) mind and her conscious mind (prideful and haugthy trueborn woman) is a treasure trove of potential story hooks to get immersed in.

Reactions: Dragon59

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Probably. And the conflict between her subconscious (desires and fears) mind and her conscious mind (prideful and haugthy trueborn woman) is a treasure trove of potential story hooks to get immersed in.
Which is a million miles from:
What I thought we would get:
sort of exacerbate her issues, breaking her pride and make her believe that she was good for nothing except a sex slave.
Am I misinterpreting something?
I'm glad you've finally understood that she's a sub, not a thing to be broken. (y)
It only took 2 pages.

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
How can I trigger "Check Lyriel on library" event?
I tried to pass 14 days going to the library and nothing happened

4.70 star(s) 317 Votes