ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
when i use the original 0.2 i can load up the 0.2 save but when i try with the hotfix it doesn't load up the original 0.2 save and acts as it's own version
Ok that really is strange.. I got about 5 different versions.. and when I press load on any of them.. it loads the same exact location.. so let me think...
I am using chrome.. on a windows pc...
Can i ask if you try naming the qol patched one. the same as the orginal..(obviously renaming the original with an A at the end of something)...
The only thing I can think is that it could be creating the save based on the name of the file loading it.. but this should not be the case and is not for me in chrome.. I am going to test if that is the same in firefox now

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Ok that really is strange.. I got about 5 different versions.. and when I press load on any of them.. it loads the same exact location.. so let me think...
I am using chrome.. on a windows pc...
Can i ask if you try naming the qol patched one. the same as the orginal..(obviously renaming the original with an A at the end of something)...
The only thing I can think is that it could be creating the save based on the name of the file loading it.. but this should not be the case and is not for me in chrome.. I am going to test if that is the same in firefox now

OMG OMG OMG
So I believe firefox does save the data based on the name of the file!

Reactions: DerAlubart

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Ok So from some experimenting.. it looks like the following is true regarding saves.. This might explain some of the issues people were having also..
So in chrome.. the html file can be called whatever, and the game shares a single save..
In Firefox.. the name of the html file means a different save..
so if you are playing on the v02 version before the patch and then downloaded the patch version(which I did not name the same) then firefox will force you to start a new save. (the old save is still there).
Going forward, I will ensure that all versions of the game are called lifelived.html and version numbers / editions will not be included in the file name..
I have no idea what the situation is with Edge, safari, opera or any other browsers sorry.. but I expect that if the file name is kept the same this will fix any possible issues (if there was going to be)..

Everyday is a learning day!!

HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017
Ok So from some experimenting.. it looks like the following is true regarding saves.. This might explain some of the issues people were having also..
So in chrome.. the html file can be called whatever, and the game shares a single save..
In Firefox.. the name of the html file means a different save..
so if you are playing on the v02 version before the patch and then downloaded the patch version(which I did not name the same) then firefox will force you to start a new save. (the old save is still there).
Going forward, I will ensure that all versions of the game are called lifelived.html and version numbers / editions will not be included in the file name..
I have no idea what the situation is with Edge, safari, opera or any other browsers sorry.. but I expect that if the file name is kept the same this will fix any possible issues (if there was going to be)..

Everyday is a learning day!!
lol i guess this gives you reason to play test on different browsers instead of just google chrome than? XD

Reactions: ThornyAce

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
lol i guess this gives you reason to play test on different browsers instead of just google chrome than? XD
i had done an intial play test on firefox to check it all worked.. it it did.. but never had reason to try testing loading saves from different html named files.. never even thought it would act so strangely..
I will have to consider installing some others also to see if there are any other issue in the future..
To be honest, once I had tested that the save and load works.. I dont generally save and load the game myself..
I nearly alway just hit create each time I open the game and work from the start (so the starting tutorial is starting to really pee me off lol)..

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Regarding the M/M content: I am able to give handjobs, but can't progress on that quest beyond that. Is that all there is right now? Also, click take money--> public toilets --> seedy toilets repeatedly in an indefinite loop--not sure that was intentional or a bug.

For Felix, I can't find the M/M content despite having a bisexual score of over 230. Am I missing something else?
Ok I have just had a play around.. and the park quest is working upto a point.. and 1 important thing is not happening..
so when you give the first hj.. its meant to step the quest on.. which there tells you there is currently no more content, but you can continue to give hjs for money (fun)... but it as importantly means the bullying by felix can now give another options (if your bi stat is also high enough)...

holkumania

Feb 10, 2019
Sorry maybe my question is ridiculous but where is the phone ?
Then I don't understand anything, what is the "hint" for, I tried to follow the trick but nothing works I got between 10 and 70 likes per person and nothing changes

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Then I don't understand anything, what is the "hint" for, I tried to follow the trick but nothing works I got between 10 and 70 likes per person and nothing changes
Ok so did you buy the mobile phone? the shopkeeper sells it.. if you did.. it will first appear in your backpack. where you need to click on it and set it up.. once set up.. it becomes an icon on the bottom right of the screen... Hopefully that helps..
Having the phone is key to alot of the quests (the laptop is the other important item).
I would say that for alot of the NPCs you do not need to get likes. These are there mainly as placeholders, to make the game not feel like a ghost town.. and to show players what NPCs will get content in time.
If you have met a NPC then you can click on them on the NPC list.. if they have an event (that is not a quest) then there will be a hint of where to find that..
Alternatively look at the quest menu and see what quests you can either start or have started.. This will give you direction of which NPCs have most content.
Make sure you are using the patched version (and if you had already started a save, then make sure you rename that patch html file to match the old name)

lagartha

Dec 2, 2017
You buy the phone from the shop.

Isthere a guide walkthrough or save file?

fulipe

Jun 17, 2018
You can if you know some basics of html + javascript. Although you gonna take a huge amount of time trying to figure it out wich line you need to change since this code is a little mess.
I boosted the money you earn on the paper delivery job to speed things a little and it took me some effort to find the exact line.

I think it needs some tweaks on the grinding and fixing some bugs but I think it has pontential.:unsure:
I don't know anything about coding, but I have extensive experience in messing up savefiles and what-not, and after 1-2 hours I figured out how to cheat, however, I ALREADY FORGOT IT. I did it some days ago, by using the console and getting the parameters from the game's file

1693028857682.png

Reactions: ZennyDarkstar

Deen__

Nov 2, 2019
Misty has given you the costume. You have packaged it up and sent it to your sister. You just need to wait a few days and check your laptop.

after 2 weeks still nothing on laptop

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Misty has given you the costume. You have packaged it up and sent it to your sister. You just need to wait a few days and check your laptop.

after 2 weeks still nothing on laptop
Does it not say anywhere that this is the end of the content? It should say either in the quest desc or the hint..
Well done on getting that far tho! No one else has reported to have got there yet :)

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
nope the hint say wait 5 days
Im just looking at the code and you are defo right :s I thought I had caught all the end of content points..
Sorry.. I will add it into the code im working on now.. but I am hoping to get at least another step in to this quest for the next version..
Hope you enjoyed the journey upto this point..

Deen__

Nov 2, 2019
I don't know anything about coding, but I have extensive experience in messing up savefiles and what-not, and after 1-2 hours I figured out how to cheat, however, I ALREADY FORGOT IT. I did it some days ago, by using the console and getting the parameters from the game's file

View attachment 2879476
hope you will figure it out again I need to know how

Deen__

Nov 2, 2019
Im just looking at the code and you are defo right :s I thought I had caught all the end of content points..
Sorry.. I will add it into the code im working on now.. but I am hoping to get at least another step in to this quest for the next version..
Hope you enjoyed the journey upto this point..
hey I get stuck on this quest Lisa-Ann:Who are you? What do you want in here. If your looking for a BJ, I can get one of my girls to pop in and service you, £100? I have face mask and corruption 200 but can't do anything

Reactions: ThornyAce

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
hey I get stuck on this quest Lisa-Ann:Who are you? What do you want in here. If your looking for a BJ, I can get one of my girls to pop in and service you, £100? I have face mask and corruption 200 but can't do anything
You should have been able to get her to strip?

2.40 star(s) 18 Votes