Sir Anal

Aug 19, 2021
The game is not bad, the renders too, the girls are cute, the basic idea looks interesting... It's really a good game under Unity. (y)
But the characters seem so stupid to me! It's really annoying, especially when you're supposed to be in one of them...:rolleyes:
I'm not saying I'm going to throw it away right away, but it's going to take me a while to assimilate and get through it a little bit (I only got to the meeting between the mc and the unknown redhead after about 10 sentences, I lost patience). Hopefully they'll be less stupid:alien:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: osanaiko

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Need help with the secret "Maybe there's not just food stashed."

Edit: NVM found it.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
The "DJ" mini game has to be one of the most stupid and annoying inclusions in any game on this site. I thought the dev promised a skip button after the last update?
And ... before anyone gives instructions, or just says "git gud", I will say that I suffer from glaucoma and cannot look at the whole screen at the same time - if I look at a light on one side of the screen I cannot see the other side of the screen, this makes it impossible to follow the sequence.

• Sad

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
The "DJ" mini game has to be one of the most stupid and annoying inclusions in any game on this site. I thought the dev promised a skip button after the last update?
And ... before anyone gives instructions, or just says "git gud", I will say that I suffer from glaucoma and cannot look at the whole screen at the same time - if I look at a light on one side of the screen I cannot see the other side of the screen, this makes it impossible to follow the sequence.
I didn't promised it, I said I consider it. However, I decided against it, as it is (and always has been since development) part of my cheat functions which is only available in the build for my high tier Patreons. It's one of the very few features I have for my higher tier Patreons and I want to keep having some privileges for them.
I'm sorry for you if that's true but I won't share the higher tier Patreon build myself.

Why is there a tag for mobile game when there is no android link for dl? :(
I hid the links in the developer notes, because I wasn't sure the installation would work, but I got it working and exposed them again.

Android installation instruction:
- Android 11.0 or above is required.
- rename the .apk file to "com.MarvellousLunatic.ALongJourney.apk" before installing it.
- rename the .obb file to "main.1.com.MarvellousLunatic.ALongJourney.obb"
- depending on whether the game was installed on internal storage or an sd card look for a folder on the storage like "<your device/storage>\Android\obb\" in this folder you have to create a new folder named "com.MarvellousLunatic.ALongJourney."
- copy the renamed .obb file in the new created folder (resulting in a path like: <your device/storage>\Android\obb\com.MarvellousLunatic.ALongJourney\main.1.com.MarvellousLunatic.ALongJourney.obb )

Notes:
I will make the renaming for the files before publishing the next update myself.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I did everything as you said, but when installing the apk ( after replacing obb file ) it says "Failed to process the package"
Even if i installed apk before replacing obb file , the same message
I'm not sure why you had to replace the obb file or if it is just the wrong wording. But you have to install the apk first and then create the folder for the obb file (it shouldn't exist before) and place the renamed .obb file in this location (shouldn't exist before).
Is your android version above 11.0?

Maybe there are some other issues as well, someone else on my discord has also troubles installing it. I'll look more into it tomorrow again.

Just a thought. If you are installing it on an external storage, could you try to install it on the internal storage if you have space? I doubt this is the issue, but I've no other idea right now.

Like I said, I'll keep looking into it in the upcoming days again and try to give feedback.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Thanks for sharing my techdemo here, i really appreciate it. And also thanks for adding the different hosts. I didn't thoughed it would be posted here already.

For anyone interested in the development and some images of the other characters, here is the development thread: Development Thread

And maybe interesting too, the little trailer i made:

Not really, they are more a like catalysator for the start of the story.

You are absolutly right. My bad :eek:. I will correct it in the development thread.

I don't plan to add any rape scenes, so probably no cryosleeping sex. Sorry. The redheads are actually the first one you will interact with, atleast of them.

Pretty much the point. Thanks.

Currently it's just a test build for the engine. Other than the free roam after the test intro scene where you can explore the locations and find 6 more or less secret images, nothing. This build is just for testing purpose and finding bugs in the engine. Therefor i'am quite surprised it got posted here. But a pleasent surprise for me i think.

I know the demand for ntr is quite high but this wont be a major kink i plan to add. Maybe if it fits the story at a later point.
Great video! NTR please don't add it ever to your game...im not sure where you got the the idea that the demand for ntr is quite high, its usually just the minority making a noise for it repeatedly, giving the illusion that the demand is high when infact its the opposite. I don't want to start playing this game, and then suddenly I am faced with NTR, don't do this to us!

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
How long until we can turn things around on those bald fuckers? Is it going to several updates from now? if it is I will probably wait for a few updates until they get to that moment then play through them all at once.

P.S. Pia is missing her nose ring during the boobjob.

Abc2326

May 16, 2018
As a titfuck lover, I love it that you added it in this update. But I'm sad it's not fully animated. Could we have more titfucks full animations in the future? Keep up the good work.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
But he's intending to improve the hints system, in the future. So hopefully the game will explain what to do & also indicate when you've pressed the correct button of a sequence.
Even just making it stay lit up, once you've pressed it, until you press the next button, would be a vast improvement.
If the next button is correct, keep that one lit too. If it's not, turn all the lights back off & start again.
But at least you'd know where to start.
Right now, we receive no information, at all.
The idea with the buttons to stay lit is a good idea. I might add that.

Anyone know what program the animations are created/rendered in?
The animations are nearly all created in DAZ. Only a few animations are created in Cinema4D (like the deployment of the table in the latest episode), Blender (the volumetric nebula from trailer) and After Effects (the scenes from the observation sectons, so the aurora lights, super nova, etc.). All the 3D stuff is rendered with Octane.

anyone have a v0.4.4 save file?
i'll try to create a package later today.

Great video! NTR please don't add it ever to your game...im not sure where you got the the idea that the demand for ntr is quite high, its usually just the minority making a noise for it repeatedly, giving the illusion that the demand is high when infact its the opposite. I don't want to start playing this game, and then suddenly I am faced with NTR, don't do this to us!
I thought I already edited all my posts where something about NTR is written, but I guess not. However, I don't like to say it, because it takes away some tension of the story, but... no NTR will be featured.

How long until we can turn things around on those bald fuckers? Is it going to several updates from now? if it is I will probably wait for a few updates until they get to that moment then play through them all at once.

P.S. Pia is missing her nose ring during the boobjob.
They'll probably stay around for a while.

Regarding Pia, you are right. Not sure what happened there and how I did miss that... :cry:

As a titfuck lover, I love it that you added it in this update. But I'm sad it's not fully animated. Could we have more titfucks full animations in the future? Keep up the good work.
The preview of the animation looked to stiff for my liking and it took me to long trying to get it right, so I stayed with the static images and left the motion for the imagination of the players. If I finally move to blender for animations I'll try that again.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
To be honest, the map system of this game is really bad
I believe there is early chat in this thread (or the original dev thread?) where Marvellous Lunatic has stated that he is aware that the free-roam navigation part is not as easy to use as it could or should be. (Or it might be in private messages)

If I remember correctly, the "official" stance is:
  • currently there are only a few times where navigation is needed to progress the story in this first "introduction" chapter.
  • As the game moves into the next chapter(s) which will have a more sandbox style of gameplay, it is planned to revisit the onboard travel systems.
  • However, for now Dev is spending his valuable time on progressing the story.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
The back and forth between the 4 characters was so frustrating and dumb, to the point it made it hysterical. The story is kind of predictable. The conversations are also frustratingly dumb. An example is when the girl and mc talk, she gets mad then immediately calms down the next second, or when the interrogation happens the "bad" guys want something from the mc and want to set the terms which is dumb because they need him not the other way around, sure they can threaten to kill his friends but that would doom their plan and he'd have nothing to lose. But everything else about the game is great. Maybe those weaknesses are because writing isn't your strong suit. 3/5 so far.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Yeah, as the protagonists are represented, any NTR would be non-consensual so far, so quite heavy and dark.

4.00 star(s) 45 Votes