• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
@ Marvellous Lunatic
Appreciate You sharing Your talent.
Due to continuing particular content, i'm dropping this title.
Wish You the best for always, Take Good Care.

Last edited:

helplessj

Jan 8, 2022
This game is very hit or miss. We are playing an MC who is smart but he doesn't do a lot of smart things other than hacking.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
This game is very hit or miss. We are playing an MC who is smart but he doesn't do a lot of smart things other than hacking.
Something tells me he would have still found a way out if they had tried that.

1692143693673.png

To that point, my biggest complaint about this story so far is that the antagonists are almost too capable and too in control. It seems to me that they are too smart to be fooled by the MC's plan to tamper with the SDs and there would still be no major change in the status quo...

Frankly I feel like by now it's past time to tie a bow on the whole blackmail plot and move on to a new problem or crisis... preferably one that isn't centered around saboteurs sitting on ass while playing Selene and the MC like fucking marionettes.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Tell me, what's stopping the other baddy from releasing his trapped partner?

Or for that matter, from harming the hostage?

I don't think the MC is the one with half a brain here.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Sorry, I'm not planing to include gay scenes, maybe lesbian scenes, but this is not laid out yet.

For the sake of being misunderstood, trigger-happy people or just being picked on by the statement. This is not kink-shaming, or any phobia or whatsoever. It's just not my kink. I don't care what sexuality someone has. Sexuality doesn't define the character of someone, or at least in the most cases, and therefore as long as someone is a decent person why should I care his sexuality.

pilgrim2003 The last statement wasn't especially meant to you. I just wanted to leave this for the future. After the earlier little NTR discussion I try to be more specific in my statements.
If you decide to add lesbian, will it be optional, as In I get to choose whether it happens or not?

Reactions: Xabior

clms100

Mar 19, 2020
EDIT

Hello everyone; I share with you the Spanish translation of A Long Journey version 0.8.1. The instructions are inside the zip file. I want to thank Dev for this great game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITADO

Hola a todos;
Os comparto la traducción a español de A Long Journey a la versión 0.8.1. Las instrucciones están dentro del archivo comprimido.
Quiero agradecer al Dev por este gran juego.

Last edited:

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Oh boy. This game might be put onhold indefinitely. Unity has a new tax for developers. $0.20 cents for each install, that includes pirated games too.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Oh boy. This game might be put onhold indefinitely. Unity has a new tax for developers. $0.20 cents for each install, that includes pirated games too.
This game is not gonna be affected. The new fee will affect those games meeting 2 requirements:
1) $200,000 revenue in the previous 12 months,
AND
2) 200,000 total installs since the game was first released.

The two requirements must be met, not just one.
If those two thresholds are surpassed, then for every additional install after those initial 200,000 occurring after 1st January 2024 there will be a 20 cent charge.

Unfortunately for Marvellous Lunatic, he isn't making $200,000 a year with this game. Nothing to fear on his end.
This fee is a fucking shame, but it's aimed at indie studios and very successful single devs. A normal AVN dev on Patreon or any other similar platform should have no problems.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This game is not gonna be affected. The new fee will affect those games meeting 2 requirements:
1) $200,000 revenue in the previous 12 months,
AND
2) 200,000 total installs since the game was first released.

The two requirements must be met, not just one.
If those two thresholds are surpassed, then for every additional install after those initial 200,000 occurring after 1st January 2024 there will be a 20 cent charge.

Unfortunately for Marvellous Lunatic, he isn't making $200,000 a year with this game. Nothing to fear on his end.
This fee is a fucking shame, but it's aimed at indie studios and very successful single devs. A normal AVN dev on Patreon or any other similar platform should have no problems.
Good Luck to Unity tracking all that shit! I predict an influx of Unity Games converting to the Ren'Py engine! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

I, for one, would LOVE to have a Long Journey on Ren'Py. As is, this is the only title good enough to drag my ass out of Ren'Py games long enough to play it. This is the ONLY Unity title that I ever play. I have tried a few dozen but I always get hung up on the interface. I'm not a fan of mini games either which are frequently over used in other Unity titles. I never had that issue with this game. The mini games, like the computer hacking, actually add to my immersion rather than take away from it like other mini games. But, I see some serious issues with Unity having to track all of that shit, just for twenty cents per copy. Some bean counter's bright idea that made more sense in his leger than it ever will in practice.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

PS: I'd be willing to bet that all that extra tracking will cost them twenty five to thirty cents per copy and end up costing them major revenue losses... Then when they try to raise the price per unit and lower the cap to $50K annual earnings and only 50K total installations to try to recoup their losses, they end up going bankrupt because EVERYONE stopped using their game engine within two weeks of the announcement! Fucking bean counters... meh...

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Good Luck to Unity tracking all that shit! I predict an influx of Unity Games converting to the Ren'Py engine! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

I, for one, would LOVE to have a Long Journey on Ren'Py. As is, this is the only title good enough to drag my ass out of Ren'Py games long enough to play it. This is the ONLY Unity title that I ever play. I have tried a few dozen but I always get hung up on the interface. I'm not a fan of mini games either which are frequently over used in other Unity titles. I never had that issue with this game. The mini games, like the computer hacking, actually add to my immersion rather than take away from it like other mini games. But, I see some serious issues with Unity having to track all of that shit, just for twenty cents per copy. Some bean counter's bright idea that made more sense in his leger than it ever will in practice.

PS: I'd be willing to bet that all that extra tracking will cost them twenty five to thirty cents per copy and end up costing them major revenue losses... Then when they try to raise the price per unit and lower the cap to $50K annual earnings and only 50K total installations to try to recoup their losses, they end up going bankrupt because EVERYONE stopped using their game engine within two weeks of the announcement! Fucking bean counters... meh...
Me too, I can count the Unity games I play on the fingers of one hand and still have a couple left. This game is really well optimized and it includes almost every feature that I normally appreciate in Renpy games.

Apparently, the company's CEO is the same guy who brought Electronic Arts to the brink of bankruptcy a few years ago.
Einstein and human stupidty.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

yeah well the job hopping CEOs that force these kind of changes don't give a fuck about all that unfortunately... they get the job, make bullshit decisions that increase revenue for a few quarters, then bounce before all of it inevitably goes to shit, update their CVs saying how much they improved the company... because obviously they won't stay on long enough to see the long term consequences. Fucking infuriating.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
yeah well the job hopping CEOs politicians that force these kind of changes don't give a fuck about all that unfortunately... they get the job, make bullshit decisions that increase revenue votes for a few quarters, then bounce before all of it inevitably goes to shit, update their CVs saying how much they improved the company country... because obviously they won't stay on long enough to see the long term consequences. Fucking infuriating.
I changed those three words and the message still made total sense. It's terrifying.

3.90 star(s) 47 Votes