Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Some actually do highlight when you hover your mouse over them, like the trashbin at the station and the box in the cargobay. But the one in the server room does not, and is much harder to find.

As for navigation, my preference is selecting the area on screen, since that is where my eyes usually are. But, at the same time, the navigation box on the left is much easier, you don't have to search for new locations and reduce the chance of missing one.
On mouse over actually all should highlight. The one in the server room is just less visible as the mouse-over tint (blueish) has a similiar color tone than the servers already have. So that trigger just dosn't stand really out. Not the best design decision i guess. Maybe i need a different solution for such scenarios or i just dont place triggers on the single servers.

What i meant by "not visible by highlighting", you have a highlight button in the top left which highlights all triggers in a scene. I thoughed it would be a good idea to help users find triggers in case some are hard to determine. Green for navigation elements, blue for events and yellow for secrets. But highlighting for secrets is turned off by default. It can be activated in the cheats menu.

Reactions: Dripping

badsquirrel

Aug 26, 2019
The concept sounds really interesting. If there were a mac version I would have loved to take this title out for a spin. Hope to see and hear more from this title in the future. Best of luck to the dev.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Correct you are.

Zee95 who creates The Way game makes pretty much 90% of his assets and even models if i remember correctly in 3dStudioMax. But true, most of us use what is there in DAZ store. Trick is to try and change one's models to look different.
It's no trick it's Art and a lot of knowledge how human topology works and how to efficiently spread limits further render wise then they are supposed to be for a given performance goal.

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Marvellous Lunatic
I would implore you to add a non full screen mode.

Since it is a tech demo I won't correct typos/grammar inside of text boxes.

I do question why you are testing webm and mp4s. Stick with one codec to keep your project simplified. I would say similarly with images, whether it is WebP/WebM, AVIF/AV1, JPEGXL/Video Codec. It will lead you to not screw up as much.

If you use scroll wheel off of a specified area it can roll forward/back the game. That may be confusing since it can also be used to scroll areas like quick nav etc.

One text fix is you have "Suits" but in the Quick Nav it is "Suites" since it is housing then "Suites" is correct and you may want to fix your Map nav and the text on the image.

The other is the spelling for manufacturing, from a factory. Manufacturing

If you click on a place on the Map in your SD, it stays enlarged on the Map and makes it hide other things. So like Clicking "Suits" Hallway entrance sits on top of "Gym"

Apartments only has 1 P so your images in the green hall and other places will need to be updated.

I think I got the one in the residence ring under the bench but hint stays.

In the cryo chamber 069 clicking the bottom two or so has you reiterate the earlier "jump to a or b" choice.

I would suggest not calling them "Photoshoot" of something unless you have many photos from it, just refer to as "Photo"

Did firewall, started it again closed out of it, tried to save, asks me if I want to do the firewall with the save. Then deleted it and resaved, it now asks if I want to delete a new save. Seems the text is from whatever came last.

The firewall game when using the scroll wheel to move the text on the right is way too slow, you have to click and drag to make it in time.

Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Marvellous Lunatic
I would implore you to add a non full screen mode.

Since it is a tech demo I won't correct typos/grammar inside of text boxes.

I do question why you are testing webm and mp4s. Stick with one codec to keep your project simplified. I would say similarly with images, whether it is WebP/WebM, AVIF/AV1, JPEGXL/Video Codec. It will lead you to not screw up as much.

If you use scroll wheel off of a specified area it can roll forward/back the game. That may be confusing since it can also be used to scroll areas like quick nav etc.

One text fix is you have "Suits" but in the Quick Nav it is "Suites" since it is housing then "Suites" is correct and you may want to fix your Map nav and the text on the image.

The other is the spelling for manufacturing, from a factory. Manufacturing

If you click on a place on the Map in your SD, it stays enlarged on the Map and makes it hide other things. So like Clicking "Suits" Hallway entrance sits on top of "Gym"

Apartments only has 1 P so your images in the green hall and other places will need to be updated.

I think I got the one in the residence ring under the bench but hint stays.

In the cryo chamber 069 clicking the bottom two or so has you reiterate the earlier "jump to a or b" choice.

I would suggest not calling them "Photoshoot" of something unless you have many photos from it, just refer to as "Photo"

Did firewall, started it again closed out of it, tried to save, asks me if I want to do the firewall with the save. Then deleted it and resaved, it now asks if I want to delete a new save. Seems the text is from whatever came last.

The firewall game when using the scroll wheel to move the text on the right is way too slow, you have to click and drag to make it in time.
Hi, thank you for your detailed feedback, i really appreciate it!

- formats: The first obvious thought was to have the best possible quality in the smallest possible size which currently should be webm and webp. So i wanted to use them. Unity has an integration for webm(vp 8) for videos but sadly not for webp for image-textures. Therefor i had to implement a library to manually decode webp and load them into textures. The decoding time for webp is much slower than jpg. In my tests using webp-images resulted in a lag of up to 0,5s when you would enter a new location where it has to load the background image and the images for the quick-nav. This is a user-experience i don't want. First i thought this could be an pipeline issue caused by myself but from what I've read this is normal for full-hd images. I may could optimize it more with pre-loading in background or other things but it got to time-consuming and laborious.
Therefor i will stick with jpg for static images. For animations however i will use webm. The decoding time seems not be as big of an issue on this front. At least not from what I have experienced. Maybe because of the automatic integration by Unity.
Anyway, for all images and animations i still have the png16 files. So if i wan't to change things in the future I will be able to adapt.

- scroll: Rollback by mouse-wheel should only work if you are not over a scroll-view. I didn't want to suppress it completely if you are in a menu, because i thought it can be used to get out of the menu quick. But i guess since i added the right click leave and click outside of menu to leave, this could be obsolete.

- spelling errors noted: suites, apartment, photo, manufacturing

- map button overlay issue: added to my to-do list. I will close all containers when another parent-node is highlighted.

- secret hint: i had a copy and paste error there, nothing to worry of for the upcoming first episode.

- choice event: nothing to worry of, those were just random events for testing. One i added a choice to test rollback-load within events and save/load test while "in-choice" in a event. Or did i misunderstood you and you were stuck in a loop?

- wrong label on modal-dialogues: Weird i haven't encountered that bug yet o_O. I can reproduce it and will fix it.

- scroll-speed: noted, will increase scroll-speed in this view.

Again, thank you so much for the input and the detailed instructions to reproduce the errors. I really appreciate it!

Kind regards.

Reactions: Kingvlad

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
- choice event: nothing to worry of, those were just random events for testing. One i added a choice to test rollback-load within events and save/load test while "in-choice" in a event. Or did i misunderstood you and you were stuck in a loop?
No problem on the info. When you have an actual release I will do a more thorough look through.

What I was saying about the choice dialog was that it originally happens when you were doing the test. Post the test and when you can move freely in the cryo room with the firewall test, the bottom left two cryo pods can re-trigger that dialog choice, while all the others don't. I didn't know if that was you having some weird code on those two comparatively. I know it doesn't matter as of the choice and it being a demo release, just making sure any underlying code didn't mess with anything else.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

Release_020.jpg

Editing of dialog is finished. A huge shout out to osanaiko who was helping me the last 2 weeks fixing the dialogues. A big thanks to Bismo as well for testing and giving feedback.
As this is the first release with actual story content I will release this build without cheat options for all tiers. With the next release the tier benefits will apply.
With this release the story begins. Characters are introduced, some of their background stories and the main story sets off. Most of the content in this build is linear in a kinetic novel style. At the end you are free to look around in sandbox like environment where you can explore the spaceship and trigger a few smaller events or look for some secrets.
I'm aware the navigation isn't the most intuitive to use right now in free roam mode. I'll will try to add an introduction in the next episode on how to move through the ship and I'm working on a better map.

Feel free to leave comments and critics.

Content
~ 400 dialogue/event renders
- 9 animations (6 lewd, 2 normal and a segment of the trailer as intro)
- 36 pages of dialogue
- 3 replayable scenes
- 3 Secrets

QOS (since last Progress Update)
- cleaner transition fades
- checkbox setting for inverting scroll-wheel input
- merged contact and messages menu
- checkbox setting for letterboxing (Content screen stays in 16:9 aspect ratio and empty spaces are filled with black)
- added credits

Fixed bugs/issues (since last Progress Update)
- fixed main menu music stops after one track
- fixed quick saves has no name
- deactivated advance time feature in dialogues
- hide tool-tips on save previews
- fixed translation handling couldn't interpret values with square brackets
- fixed static animation fade time

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
It might not be a bad idea to release your first version for free so that it can reach as many people as possible. The game looks great, so it'd be a shame if it were to go completely unnoticed.

Reactions: Enot1964

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Anybody know what's going on with Nopy lately? They seem to be having serious server issues. I haven't been able to download anything from them for the past 2 days.

Last edited:

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
I don't mind freckles at all but the preview pics make it look as if the characters are suffering from skin cancer. Also what's going on with the Milfs skin in the preview pic, are those lines supposed to be veins? I feel that is also so very overdone, that it actually comes off as looking like a skin condition.

Jan 18, 2021
Very nice start so far. Animation is nice, the characters look good and look different enough to each be unique. Having a gallery is ALWAYS a plus in these types of games. I am also a BIG fan of the button to show all selectable areas. More games need that IMO.

1628529532446.png

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Ok im already lost

I managed to check on all the cryo pods of my squad

But after that i have no clue what to do next been to multiple places but nothing

Would be nice if anyone could help out with a hint or tip on what to do next

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
One of my favourite things to read in an overview: characters "relation is configurable."
I will try to improve the UI for the configuration some more in the future.

I don't mind freckles at all but the preview pics make it look as if the characters are suffering from skin cancer. Also what's going on with the Milfs skin in the preview pic, are those lines supposed to be veins? I feel that is also so very overdone, that it actually comes off as looking like a skin condition.
You are probably right. In the early version of my shaders, the freckles and veins were not that dominant. Maybe I will reduce them a little in the future.

Should it have the scifi tag?
You are right. Missed that one. I requested edit rights for the post. If i get them, I will correct them.

Very nice start so far. Animation is nice, the characters look good and look different enough to each be unique. Having a gallery is ALWAYS a plus in these types of games. I am also a BIG fan of the button to show all selectable areas. More games need that IMO.
Thanks. In the future the highlighting will fade away automatically after a short amount of time, like suggested before. And i will give it a key binding.

Ok im already lost

I managed to check on all the cryo pods of my squad

But after that i have no clue what to do next been to multiple places but nothing

Would be nice if anyone could help out with a hint or tip on what to do next
If you played through the 7 closed pods, all tasks should be closed. After this there is no more story content for this version. Only the 3 secrets.

Reactions: michael1984

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I will try to improve the UI for the configuration some more in the future.

You are probably right. In the early version of my shaders, the freckles and veins were not that dominant. Maybe I will reduce them a little in the future.

You are right. Missed that one. I requested edit rights for the post. If i get them, I will correct them.

Thanks. In the future the highlighting will fade away automatically after a short amount of time, like suggested before. And i will give it a key binding.

If you played through the 7 closed pods, all tasks should be closed. After this there is no more story content for this version. Only the 3 secrets.
Aww that makes sense ... i did get one of the secrets ... but the other two no clue

Nice little start tho could become a interesting story

But im nervous with that old guy we seeing talking to that redhead

But hope we see a little more caus this is not much to go on

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Hm, where are the saves located? I seem to got myself into a pickle. I downloaded the test version a long time ago but deleted it. The persistent save seemed to of carried over to the new version and as such seem to be missing certain character ids.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Hm, where are the saves located? I seem to got myself into a pickle. I downloaded the test version a long time ago but deleted it. The persistent save seemed to of carried over to the new version and as such seem to be missing certain character ids.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ufff. How did that happen. You can just press Copy log to clipboard. There is the save included. But this looks like another issue.
Anyway, the user files are stored in this location: %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Marvellous Lunatic
I guess you edited the character config. Would you mind pm me, or contact me on discord?

Should have read all before. If you played the test you have to delete that folder ( %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Marvellous Lunatic ) indeed. That's something that is mentioned in the development thread but not here yet. I will update the first post once I get permission to do that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, still should not have happened. I have a migration script for when I add characters in the future. Looks like I missed something.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamJohn36
3.90 star(s) 47 Votes