VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
of what I remember the beach has:
- to connect with the kids so later u can babysit them at home. only 1 time, after that at the house of the kid.
- the 3 kids that are bullied by some older ones, a few times.
- brothers and a bunch of others meet, I think 1 time only.
- 2 dudes and a girl if u take the other route (not the 3 kids) theres 2 events at the beach with those 2 dudes.
- some crap happens by the bar, with some old folks. doesnt seem to be much. nothing else.

Im not sure I dont remember the 2 bully if they are the same as the 2 dudes and that girl.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
hmm i do not recall. then again at that point there must have been dozens of branches. were you thinking of keeping them?

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
After a quick search through the basic scripts, I can't find any mention of them, So I was thinking of cutting them. Day 2 is actually rather boring, it´s just setting up things for future events. Loranzo with the fashion show, the babysitting boy´s, the meeting of the rich jerks. There´s the clothes shop event and the train gropers. The babysitting thing does not need to happen that day, and I´m wondering If I should do that at all, it really didn´t impact the story in any way it just leads to the roleplaying event which I don´t particularly like. I´m just using what little time I have this weekend to plan how to do day 2 and create the needed characters.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. the babysit/rpg u can skip. other braches are more important and more interesting. as u already know my "pick" already.

Reactions: Gunsothegreat

RuddyB

Jun 4, 2018
After a quick search through the basic scripts, I can't find any mention of them, So I was thinking of cutting them. Day 2 is actually rather boring, it´s just setting up things for future events. Loranzo with the fashion show, the babysitting boy´s, the meeting of the rich jerks. There´s the clothes shop event and the train gropers. The babysitting thing does not need to happen that day, and I´m wondering If I should do that at all, it really didn´t impact the story in any way it just leads to the roleplaying event which I don´t particularly like. I´m just using what little time I have this weekend to plan how to do day 2 and create the needed characters.
Day two was a bit so and more for setup. As for me the babysitting/tutoring should be more that (tutoring) and not the rpg thing. Maybe do it later or just have Amy run into the mom in the hall outside of Mr Wilson's. Just a quick intro were they talk about Amy moving in and she mentions college and looking for work/cleaning for Mr Wilson and the tutoring thing is brought up. Would like you to go down the tutoring path though and maybe later do scenes were she has to dress sexy to get the kid to pay attention and later he gets her to do a strip quiz game with him ala Billy Madison. Just some thoughts for that path.
I love the whole modeling part of the game so please keep the Loranzo stuff in. The whole scene where she models for him and the bros was the scene that got me hooked originally. The beach scene with the brothers was fine and set up the beach scenes later. I don't remember the rich guys coming in till later but I never really liked their path. Only played it once. The boys spying on her and befriending her was better imo.
If you did want to get rid of anything the train groupers would be the one I wouldn't mind you losing. It didn't seem to me like that was going anywhere other than the scene where the one guy steps in and beats up the gropers. Anyway that's my 2 cents l. Hope you have a great weekend.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I like the idea of the fashion show, but I'd like to add to it, so that will be in there. The tutoring might be engaging with some changes, If I ever get to the RPG evening that will either be cut or changed. The RPG adventure and the dream sequences are my least favorite and most likely to get cut. I want to see what Amy really does not what she dreams or fantasizes about ;)

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
if you consider the project sage 17a, the babysitting line leads to the sex scene with the child's father who claim to be gay and Amy tried to proved him not.

Reactions: Jude6

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I get the impression that your - Gunsothegreat`s - mindset is pretty focused on things that work storywise and do have a meaning. The downside of Project Sage was that there where quite a lot of promising set-ups of story lines (like the kids and the older - rich? I don't remember that, and I think the main point was to get the topless tanning woman in the game, and without making much sense Amy refused to do so in that scene. I loved Project Sage, but it suffered from to many loose ends storywise. It would be wise to focus on a core story and add side stories later. The story with the rich (?) men at the beach was pretty poor and dissatisfying as well as the one with the kids, though I like the set up of showing off to them. The kids story evolved rather ridiculously.

Noticing / expecting that you seem to have a good idea of story telling for the moment being I would suggest NOT to implement to many side characters and story lines until you reach a certain base of content and later add additional events of whatever kind you like. For the moment being that would mean the base story should be a) Family life b) College (or whatever educational) life and some job - but only ONE job to start with (and NOT modelling for a designer, working in a bar plus cleaning the neighbour's house - that was all very nice, but as said before just too many storylines.Maybe later you might decide on more jobs and maybe blackmail or whatever, some app-stuff like in Project Sage and its promising successor "Primal Desires" (which sadly seems to focus on modelling more and more revealling and partly ridiculous outfits), some cam girl stuff and so on and on and on. I would like it if updates regarding additional stuff would later be implemented in the early ingame days when implemented, so the game makes more sense as a whole regarding the things Amy is willing to do or not. In a nutshell - keep it simple and add later, but not necessarily in a chronological order. I noticed that most devs consider some parts finished and progress on the game, but many great ideas come up during the progress of creating the game - and then it would be nice to have a built up for these new ideas start on early ingame days as well. To me the built up of a great idea is even more important than the actual doing of the great idea.

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
^ this exactly. best to keep it to the core and main story, then add side quests/story arcs as additional DLC later. there’s plenty to explore at home with uncle and the two brothers, along with Aunt’s emerging jealousy to go a few updates

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
The problem stemmed from how each story ended up so disconnected. Branches like the repairman blackmailer that ends up leading to another blackmailer behind him. Just going to school means deciding how you want to be exploited rather than a place to see Amy explore herself.
I couldn't care less about those assholes, yet I still had to take the time to consider them as they all affected Amy's character.

Paperwork seemed to be building up to some sort of real story with George behind it, but ultimately the trunk all these branches connect to is Amy alone. Since Amy's story is unfinished, those branches practically ARE the main story. It's an awkward thing to work around without practically writing your own.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
if you consider the project sage 17a, the babysitting line leads to the sex scene with the child's father who claim to be gay and Amy tried to proved him not.
This hint reminds me on something that is so outward stupid that you really should avoid it please! Guys claiming to be gay in order to reassure the girl / woman that she can drop her clothes in front of them and even more cliché, girls / women trying to proof to a supposedly gay guy that he in fact was into girls, at least if they are hot as the female protagonist. It would be a shame if my opinion raised a discussion whether gay people would act that way or not, whether this happens in real life or not (I have no idea anyway) - it is just such a poor excuse to open up an opportunity for the female mc to lower her inhibitions in front of this supposedly gay guy - and turning a gay person into a straight, is this kind of plot really the best way to keep a story going? I just absolutely don't think so.

It makes me a bit sad - I loved Project Sage, and now discussing the downsides of the game here (at least for the great reason that a mod gets created!) I get remembered on so many flaws.

Last edited:

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
This hint reminds me on something that is so outward stupid that you really should avoid it please! Guys claiming to be gay in order to reassure the girl / woman that she can drop her clothes in front of them and even more cliché, girls / women trying to proof to a supposedly gay guy that he in fact was into girls, at least if they are hot as the female protagonist. It would be a shame if my opinion raised a discussion whether gay people would act that way or not, whether this happens in real life or not (I have no idea anyway) - it is just such a poor excuse to open up an opportunity for the female mc to lower her inhibitions in front of this supposedly gay guy - and turning turning a gay person into a straight, is this kind of plot really the best way to keep a story going? I just absolutely don't think so.

It makes me a bit sad - I loved Project Sage, and now discussing the downsides of the game here (at least for the great reason that a mod gets created!) I get remembered on so many flaws.
Yeah, that concept is definitely not good and bad setup. But that scene(without consider the context) is still hot.

If consider logic, the 17a story line is terrible. I think that's why act1 is made to tell how Amy turned into the way she acts in 17a where she let 4 people ass fuck her in the first(or second?) day on a party.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Well guys now I can start doing a bit more work on the mod, I've been considering your comments for the past two weeks, and I think that the most logical way to continue is to focus on specific parts of the story rather than re-doing whole days. Since some of the content pretty much doesn't lead anywhere, although it might have if paperwork continued his story. So I think I'll focus on the things that happen at home, introduction to Wilson, and the fashion show for now. The parts of the story I'm not sure affect anything, I'll leave unchanged until something in the game script points to that thing being important, otherwise I'll just leave if unchanged. While I don't have a lot of time to work on the mod at the moment I'll be doing 2+ hours per day, maybe a full 8-10 day over the weekends. My next task is to set up the very drunk beginning of day two and finding a good setup for the dinner table events, since those images can be reused on later days with only Amy's clothing options changing the images. Still this is going to be a slow progress so don't hold your breath ;)

Oh, and the bathroom events, those start on day two I think, so I'll probably take a look at those in the next few days.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
An idea occurred to me regarding outfit changes. How about Amy considering some outfits too lame and altering them, but maybe accidentally going a bit furteher than she wanted? OR someone else could secretly alter them getting them just the tiny bit sexier that provokes accidental nip slips / top dropping? Just an idea.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes