Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py A.O.A. Academy - Walkthrough/Cheat/Gallery Mod [Ch.5 Gold Edition] [scrappy]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
So I got things to work, so far at least. I deleted chapter 4, and re-extracted it from the zip file( I keep all zip files until i know for sure the games working). Started up my last save at the end of chapter 3, played till I was into chapter 4 content, saved, then exited, reinstalled the mod, and it started back up at the new save with no issue. Didn't kick me back to title and is working so far.

nobody_cares

Mar 20, 2019
So I got things to work, so far at least. I deleted chapter 4, and re-extracted it from the zip file( I keep all zip files until i know for sure the games working). Started up my last save at the end of chapter 3, played till I was into chapter 4 content, saved, then exited, reinstalled the mod, and it started back up at the new save with no issue. Didn't kick me back to title and is working so far.
Thanks for the solution, but it's not working to me, still cannot enter the Ch.4 content. After the last scene in Ch. 3 modded, it is just bounce back to the main menu.

Jan 11, 2019
Does the game developer have some kind of hatred for mods or something? Why does this game have constant problems with mods just like that "game that can't be discussed"? I've never had this problem with any other games.

Reactions: KingFap

Rebeldolan

Sep 30, 2021
Having an issue where I can play with the mod the first time after I install it. If I quit the game and try to load back in it errors, no matter what. I've tried it on different points in the game but it started after chapter 2.

BlobbofBob

Jul 11, 2017
I might have a solution for those folks, who can't enter the new content from modded saves and get thrown back to the main menu (with the error "couldn't find return label"). Is the game with mod installed.

Before I start: Not a doctor. Not someone with enough knowledge of what I am talking about either, so not garantuees or takebacksies.

I looked into the code of chapter 3 (after extracting the RPA packages).
From what I found out, the main code has its own file, while there are different events in their own files (in the event folder).
The epilogue of chapter 3 is such an event and at the end of the main file of the chapter the game switches to the event.
So I assume that after you save in the epilogue and download the new chapter, the return point isn't saved after deleting the old one. After I added "jump chp_4_start" in the epilogue file above the "return" line, scene switch worked for me and the game continued. Dunno if it stays stable or other encounters as I haven't finished it yet, but have no problems so far.

tl;dr insert "jump chp_4_start" before "return" in the c3epilogue.rpy file (game/SCENES/chapter3/events).

Hope this helps someone.

AGhostLikeMe

Jul 5, 2020
I might have a solution for those folks, who can't enter the new content from modded saves and get thrown back to the main menu (with the error "couldn't find return label"). Is the game with mod installed.

Before I start: Not a doctor. Not someone with enough knowledge of what I am talking about either, so not garantuees or takebacksies.

From what I found out, the main code has its own file, while there are different events in their own files (in the event folder).
The epilogue of chapter 3 is such an event and at the end of the main file of the chapter the game switches to the event.
So I assume that after you save in the epilogue and download the new chapter, the return point isn't saved after deleting the old one. After I added "jump chp_4_start" in the epilogue file above the "return" line, scene switch worked for me and the game continued. Dunno if it stays stable or other encounters as I haven't finished it yet, but have no problems so far.

tl;dr insert "jump chp_4_start" before "return" in the c3epilogue.rpy file (game/SCENES/chapter3/events).

Hope this helps someone.

This worked for me! I can finally start playing Ch 4! We'll see if it messes anything up long term when I get a chance to play all the way through.

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020

Hope this helps someone.
Huh interesting, I don't even have a c3epilogue.rpy file in this folder :WutFace:
Could you send the file to me (or us if more people are in the same case I'm in) ? If you can, that would be amazing :D Thanks

Shroluken

Jan 5, 2021

Hope this helps someone.
This legit fixed it for me, and I've been trying to fix this for a while, thank you man, seriously

BlobbofBob

Jul 11, 2017
Huh interesting, I don't even have a c3epilogue.rpy file in this folder :WutFace:
Could you send the file to me (or us if more people are in the same case I'm in) ? If you can, that would be amazing :D Thanks
In that case I'd recommend redownloading, since it could be that you are missing other files as well.

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
In that case I'd recommend redownloading, since it could be that you are missing other files as well.
Yeah I don't know, in the original AOA CH4 game archive there is no such file, and even in Scrappy's mod, there isn't a c3epilogue.rpy file, maybe it's because it is created at some point when we play. Anyway I replayed the full vanilla game on new saves by skipping dialogues with the pdf WT, will try the mod later tomorrow with this new configuration

Edit: It works with the newly created saves, as Player7766 said, even without the file you indicated.

Last edited:

BlobbofBob

Jul 11, 2017
Yeah I don't know, in the original AOA CH4 game archive there is no such file, and even in Scrappy's mod, there isn't a c3epilogue.rpy file, maybe it's because it is created at some point when we play. Anyway I replayed the full vanilla game on new saves by skipping dialogues with the pdf WT, will try the mod later tomorrow with this new configuration

Edit: It works with the newly created saves, as Player7766 said, even without the file you indicated.
I assume the file has been created by the extraction of the RPA files, I followed Scrappy's installation recommendations and extracted the RPA files. You should have a similar file inside the folder, with the ending .rpyc instead of .rpy ?

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
I assume the file has been created by the extraction of the RPA files, I followed Scrappy's installation recommendations and extracted the RPA files. You should have a similar file inside the folder, with the ending .rpyc instead of .rpy ?
I didn't see it, if I remember correctly. Will try unpacking RPA files once I get back from work ;)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes