VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

Hybris

May 9, 2017
Anyone else getting sound (I think) related errors on start up?
Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 208, in script call
    call _gl_test
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: Invalid parameter

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
    run(restart)
  File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3237, in interact
    self.start()
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2164, in start
    renpy.audio.audio.init()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 932, in init
    renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
  File "renpysound.pyx", line 390, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
  File "renpysound.pyx", line 98, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: Invalid parameter

zmeydoom

Jan 2, 2018
A Petal Among Thorns [Final] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.21 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.17 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux:466 MB:
Compressed Size Mac: 432 MB:

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Can you link to a more adequate file hosting? Mixdrop doesn't work for me - download speed immediately drops to 0.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Isn't lockheart going to do two more games with the same father with his other two daughters?

edit: I am also a bit annoyed about the secret we won't learn until the next game.
I'm hoping the secret is that she's not really on birth control. :4Head:

• Wow
Reactions: Glooskabe

BenIsland

Jul 27, 2018
While the writing is great, for all that talk about rough sex at the end of the day its a very vanilla game. Also the last scene, aka culmination of the whole story, is over before you know it. Still, developer shows great promise so I'll be playing the next project for sure.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
edit: I am also a bit annoyed about the secret we won't learn until the next game.
I am reasonably certain (given that Petal said it "wasn't her secret to tell") that it's Bliss' secret. I'm also reasonably certain that the secret is that Bliss feels similarly to Petal re: fucking the MC. This is why Petal has been so insistent with trying to get the MC to look at Bliss that way. Petal's one and true desire is probably a family orgy at this point.

Last edited:

Jeroen

Jun 16, 2017
Great game, but the climax is underwhelming.

The idea is that the physical relationship can't continue when they go back home. They only have one night and a morning left. There's all this immense buildup. Petal will allow MC to do anything to her, and MC can't wait to shred that pussy. And sure, I understand, it's her first time, but this was a very bland climax to an outstanding buildup.

It's primarily the next morning. They wake up after the most amazing night of their lives and they just leave knowing full well they probably won't have another opportunity to freely fuck each other at home? The whole thing makes it seem as if both characters don't really care if they can't have sex anymore. For all that talk, I would've expected something to happen the next morning. But they just leave? Where's that almost uncontrollable urge that they were both talking about? I would've expected them to fuck each other at least one more time the next morning. In bed, in the shower, before leaving the cabin, at a gasstation. Somewhere...

Something like this:
"Last night was amazing, but that was last night. I have to feel you inside me one more time before we go home. We might not get the chance for a while, but we have time now. Fuck me, please!"
Or this:
"Wait, what are you doing?"
"You said I could fuck you whenever I wanted, so I'm going to fuck you one last time before we go home."
"I hoped you would say that! Fuck me, please!"
I think that something like that would've made the whole thing come full circle. That would've fit the development of the story so much more.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I really like this game, but I wish the sex scene was closer to the middle. Sex should not be the end of the game, there is so much more you can do once they finally become intimate. Seeing it as the culmination of the story, instead of taking the story to the next level of awesome, is a bit disappointing. Also, more lewds would have been amazing. :love:

Reactions: LostKing

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
this update force a re name into CHESTER.....

I checked the savegame file and it say "Name Belnick"
but in game it is chester....

edit:: I know about preferences, but so annoying to redo it :p

Last edited:

Kronos405

Aug 25, 2020
I am reasonably certain (given that Petal said it "wasn't her secret to tell") that it's Bliss' secret. I'm also reasonably certain that the secret is that Bliss feels similarly to Petal re: fucking the MC. This is why Petal has been so insistent with trying to get the MC to look at Bliss that way. Petal's one and true desire is probably a family orgy at this point.
Hopefully, it's that and not setting up for Moon and that's one of the hidden reasons she and the MC haven't talked in forever since her story is last and will take a while to get to.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Hopefully, it's that and not setting up for Moon and that's one of the hidden reasons she and the MC haven't talked in forever since her story is last and will take a while to get to.
My theory is:

Moon found out about Petal and Bliss and their desires and she got weirded out and ghosted. But not because they had those feelings but because she did too but she is totally not ready to admit like they are.

PEACE

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I got $20 says there is no way in hell they don't continue at home. I suspect story 2 and 3 will be the other 2 sisters and then there will be a story 4 with some form of harem or at least some kind of poly. Lokheart's othe game, Avalon, had options for 2 different 3some endings.

Kronos405

Aug 25, 2020
I got $20 says there is no way in hell they don't continue at home. I suspect story 2 and 3 will be the other 2 sisters and then there will be a story 4 with some form of harem or at least some kind of poly. Lokheart's othe game, Avalon, had options for 2 different 3some endings.
lockheart did say that the other two games will be about Bliss and Moon. Also, the ending said that Petal will play a big part in the next game as well so you can only assume they will continue since it will just be her and Moon in the house without the mother for now.

Last edited:

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Great job on this game. The build up and the teasing is one of the best I've seen. The climax is not what I expected though. It was quite short and there's only 1 scene and 1 position? Though there is a certain charm to it as well when you factor in that is her first time and their F-D relationship.

I am a bit sad that the game is so short. Petal is a great character and theres more room to explore with her IMO. I am excited to see the sequels but I am hoping that after we finish the other 2 arcs we can have a finale game (i.e. 4 parts instead of 3) where all the characters are fleshed out and more fetish scenes featured. (e.g. age play and non-consensual and whatever future fetishes)

Can't wait for the sequel! I'm guessing the release date sometime in May?

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes