f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018

Version 0.1.2:
  • A new recurring scene with Morgana where she asks you for your essence once more to create more potions in her workshop.
  • Several scenes with Morgana that will lead up to you leaving the castle together on a certain quest. The current content reaches right before you are ready to leave the castle.
  • Several scenes with Kathryn, where she will punish you if you keep spying on her in the garden at night. Make sure to speak to her at the dining hall so you learn what noble it is for her to actually hook up with him during nighttime.
  • Several books have been added to the library. Come back each day to take a look at the different things the old tomes have to offer.
  • Major refactors to the save system, this also means your old saves are unfortunately not compatible with the new version. You will have to restart the game when playing.
  • You are no longer able to define the kingdom name at the start. Though I very much enjoy player agency, it makes writing about the kingdom much easier when the name is defined beforehand.
  • Added an option to hide stat gain icons on the decision buttons. This makes it so you’ll have to guess yourself how a decision affects your stats.
  • After reaching the week’s required level of your Princely stats, you will no longer be able to train them anymore. Note: As people have mentioned to me before. They felt it was necessary to spend almost all time raising their Princely stats but mindlessly raising some stats was never the intention of the game. Hopefully by locking the level until the council meeting has taken place will make people feel like they can also spend some time doing fun things that don’t really give you any rewards as well.
  • Fixed a bug regarding an Object.hasOwn error message.

MonWeek

Sep 10, 2021
I'm gonna be real, if there's any complaints about text colour on background I'm normally right there with them but I really have no idea what people are talking about in this case.

OwlBeer

Jun 5, 2018
After reaching the week’s required level of your Princely stats, you will no longer be able to train them anymore. Note: As people have mentioned to me before. They felt it was necessary to spend almost all time raising their Princely stats but mindlessly raising some stats was never the intention of the game. Hopefully by locking the level until the council meeting has taken place will make people feel like they can also spend some time doing fun things that don’t really give you any rewards as well.
Wouldn't it make impossible to reach Fighting (or Swordplay, or whatever) level 3 (which is required to unlock the "win" option) before the assassination attempt?

Also, I don't know about the current situation, but before there weren't much you could do outside of training. And after you already did all the repetitive events once or twice, there's no point to repeat them instead of training.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
A prince's tale is a free-to-play text based erotic adventure game. You play as the prince of a fantasy kingdom. Recently, your father, the king, has left the kingdom in your hands. You are expected represent him in the royal council, where each councilor is looking to mentor you in some way, perhaps to benefit their own agenda
Oh cool!

Especially the new royal sorceress seems keen on guiding you using her strange transformative magical powers...
Oh I see.

I wonder if we'll ever get a game where the MC turns from some weak effeminate prince to EMPEROR GARROK THE DESTROYER OF CITIES - RAVAGER OF CUNTS

OwlBeer

Jun 5, 2018
I wonder if we'll ever get a game where the MC turns from some weak effeminate prince to EMPEROR GARROK THE DESTROYER OF CITIES - RAVAGER OF CUNTS
There is an option to turn the tables. Don't know if it will lead to "EMPEROR GARROK THE DESTROYER OF CITIES - RAVAGER OF CUNTS" (there's not much content so far), but you don't stick playing a sub here.

Reactions: SunlessSpear

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
The yellow on grey text is almost completly unreadable
The first occurance is the "King" (golden) on yellow background at the start of the game. Almost impossible to read.
Golden color on grey background is ok for me.
Maybe use different colors depending on the background color?

Reactions: OwlBeer

HGW

Mar 29, 2018
"Play several different mini-games to get a fun break from the story every once in a while." - Patreon

So far the only (mandatory) mini-game is the coin sorting one with the economist tutor, and while it's cool, you have to play it three times per week for multiple weeks. If the point is for it to be "a fun break from the story every once in a while" you should make it less of a chore, like making us play it only when the skill levels up (so one time per week) especially if all the skills are going to get their own mini-games.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
" coin sorting "

I would suggest to make this completely optional since it does not add any content nor fun to the game.
If the players want to see different paths like sub/dom and male/female, they have to play the game several times and so have to play these minigames dozens of times.

Maybe you can add some more interesting mathematical / economical riddles around trade/investment/production instead?

BonsaiWeed

Jul 7, 2018
Just hit the end of content for 0.1.2. I really liked the art (pixel) and the main feminisation content was nice. Could use some more mental focus.

I did not much care for the statecraft loop. It felt like a tacked on McGuffin at this stage. A sort of a "Ignore it and you get a bad end, but grind through it and you just get served with more of the same." kind of a deal. Generally uninteresting. Ignoring that, I liked the game. Just wish there would have been more story and less grind. Basically a pacing issue.

Eager to see what future brings.

Reactions: robin312

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
So far the only (mandatory) mini-game is the coin sorting one with the economist tutor, and while it's cool, you have to play it three times per week for multiple weeks. If the point is for it to be "a fun break from the story every once in a while" you should make it less of a chore, like making us play it only when the skill levels up (so one time per week) especially if all the skills are going to get their own mini-games.
Storywise I hope the coin mini-game is more about the views of the tutor then the need of a game within a game. The other tutors of the prince seem to be really trying to give the prince a firm understanding of what he needs to learn to become a worthy leader. Our economist tutor just gives the prince a tray of coins and makes-up a BS reason to spend the next hours sorting them. Either believing its impossible for the prince to truly understand economies or just trying to secure his future employment with the Court by keeping the prince dumb.

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes