VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
I dont think this game should have a pure good ending because the road to it would be pointless. Laura is the big reason for it. She is going to fall no matter what. A perfect good ending is the bitter sweet one. Pretty much saying we won but at what cost. And after that they would try to rebuild what they have lost. Consequences should be felt and no they lived happily ever after.

Is this just the first half of the first path of the good ending. I mean are there 3 updates left for the good ending. 2 updates for 2 paths of the good ending?
Take off your "Rose-Colored Glasses"!

Real life situation!

This happened about 10 years ago:
There lived a young family, a husband, wife and their daughter, not everything was good with them, but it was possible to fight with this and live on. But the wife decides to radically change the situation, divorce her husband and move to another city to her ex. Husband suffered for a long time, but got on his feet! Hi didn’t start serious relationships anymore, but everything was in order with him, he had a good job, he started playing sports, etc. Lived in general well and carefree.
After five years+ One evening he hears a knock at the door, opens, and on the threshold of his ex-wife with his already matured daughter and in his arms he has a of one-year-old child (from her ex), he let them in...
In general - they have been living together for five years (again), again played a wedding and raise two children
And this is real life!!!

So no need to breed demagoguery! Anything can happens in life!!!

Why can't we wish for a "Happy" ending in this game? In the game Carl!

Reactions: bleachedturtle

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
Because this fucking game isn't called "A Promise That Was Just Fine To Keep."
fucking game???

This game! Game can have anything in it! It doesn't matter what the name of the game is!

I don’t force anyone to make a good ending, and I don’t impose my opinion - this is my opinion - which, judging by the likes, most people like this idea!

alma001

Sep 16, 2017
I have a question regarding the updates. I can see there are already finished endings in this game and the choices are listed to reach those. My question is whether the updates are putting content to these already finished routes as well or they are putting content only behind choices differing from the choices leading to an already finished ending?

So if I play through one complete ending now and other endings later when they are finished, will I miss content put to the previously finished routes?

I know no one can tell for sure what will happen in the future, my question is more regarding the tendency with previous updates.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: kolram

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I have a question regarding the updates. I can see there are already finished endings in this game and the choices are listed to reach those. My question is whether the updates are putting content to these already finished routes as well or they are putting content only behind choices differing from the choices leading to an already finished ending?

So if I play through one complete ending now and other endings later when they are finished, will I miss content put to the previously finished routes?

I know no one can tell for sure what will happen in the future, my question is more regarding the tendency with previous updates.

Thanks!
As far as we know, currently HC is just going down the list and finishing the endings. Once one is done, they move onto the next one. They aren't going back and adding stuff to the already finished ones.

Figured when they do that, it will be in the final final update. Like going back, proofreading everything, making sure it is all up to par, adding an image here and there or changing a bit of dialogue. The stuff you do before you slap the final completed tag on it.

But right now, I think they are just trying to get the endings all out first.

Reactions: alma001

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
Take off your "Rose-Colored Glasses"!

Real life situation!

This happened about 10 years ago:
There lived a young family, a husband, wife and their daughter, not everything was good with them, but it was possible to fight with this and live on. But the wife decides to radically change the situation, divorce her husband and move to another city to her ex. Husband suffered for a long time, but got on his feet! Hi didn’t start serious relationships anymore, but everything was in order with him, he had a good job, he started playing sports, etc. Lived in general well and carefree.
After five years+ One evening he hears a knock at the door, opens, and on the threshold of his ex-wife with his already matured daughter and in his arms he has a of one-year-old child (from her ex), he let them in...
In general - they have been living together for five years (again), again played a wedding and raise two children
And this is real life!!!

So no need to breed demagoguery! Anything can happens in life!!!

Why can't we wish for a "Happy" ending in this game? In the game Carl!
and that husband is now posting on f95zone on why apblu needs a good ending, while his wife is with her ex again....

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
and that husband is now posting on f95zone on why apblu needs a good ending, while his wife is with her ex again....
It's not me - I'm much younger than him!!!
This is just a real life example! If you don’t have such examples, then you are either still a schoolboy or just haven’t lived!
I do not write that it is NECESSARY be a good or happy ending!!!!
I'm just expressing my opinion - whatever it would be nice to see a good or happy ending!
If you are stupid enough to understand this - then only a therapist can help!

Last edited:

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
It's not me - I'm much younger than him!!!
This is just a real life example! If you don’t have such examples, then you are either still a schoolboy or just haven’t lived!
I do not write that it is NECESSARY be a good or happy ending!!!!
I'm just expressing my opinion - whatever it would be nice to see a good or happy ending!
If you are stupid enough to understand this - then only a therapist can help!
it's okay nobody said it was you, no need to so defensive that's sus...
even if it is you, it's okay, look how many people here sympathize and feel for harry, we are here for you!!❤

Reactions: rungson

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
it's okay nobody said it was you, no need to so defensive that's sus...
even if it is you, it's okay, look how many people here sympathize and feel for harry, we are here for you!!❤
What is your problem with people having their own opinion?

Look at my profile and how i got so many likes. I do it for my pleasure - as a hobby. I don't make money from this. I have a lot of free time in this period of life!

If I had a wife and two children - I say this with 100% certainty, I would not be sitting on such sites - there simply would not be time for this!

But I understand that in any community there are people like you! :ROFLMAO:

gaylechris231

Oct 4, 2021
I think it's going to take dark turn and Harry is going to get revenge from Luca and possibly turning himself into rich businessman. Maybe in the future he will punish luara.
Revenge should be one of the endings, it will be satisfying to play. I'm just bored to see Luca and luara now. It's repetitive.

Aug 24, 2019
I believe I prefer to see the complete progression of the endings when they are...well, actually completed. From the endings that I saw myself and the ones I haven't seen yet but read from other posters comenting on them, they do feel unfinished, as if lacking at least some more closure, for better or for worse for any character in it.

As some people mentioned here, I hope there is indeed a final update that includes more progression for each ending; after all, there is such a thing as epilogues, and it would make sense for HC to be holding those out on the viewers so as to not give away too much of each conclusion while they still have to work on other routes, or possibly even to increase people's hype so as the conclusion would inflict maximum impact on the viewer. I wouldn't put it past them, at least. :v

Other than that, I'd like to make a rather uneducated guess, even if it's just food for thought (hope you enjoy dissertations :v), and say that in the 6.3 version, there was a 10th choice separating "Normal Hero" (I trust her) and "Fallen Hero" (I can't); my theory is that such choice would come after Laura managed to put her plan into action and (somehow) screw Luca royally, since at the end of the day, she's was roped into this to prevent Harry from being falsely incriminated, and she would have succeeded in ultimately keeping the focus on that after Harry's words of support in the 9th choice.
After Luca was no longer a problem, she would try to confront Harry about what happened since the beginning, while still being very much haunted by the guilt of everything she made Harry go through, specially in this last update, be it from falling into Luca's mental traps from time to time or for the sake of her plan; she still loves Harry from the bottom of her heart, to the point of managing to not give in to the bigger D, the better sex or the psychological manipulation for his sake, but understands she has done some awful, awful things to him in order to be able to put Luca in his place.
At this point, this point, Harry would be given the choice by the player to either forgive her or not, in which:
- Forgiving her would have them work to fix his broken trust in her, his reputation with everyone else that was made to think he's a liar and a creep and their relationship; it would certainly not be easy, but it wouldn't be impossible (this is where the "stronger bond after tribulations" could come in).
- Not forgiving her could have a number of outcomes, but it would essentially boil down to them not getting back in the end, which would amount to her getting them out of Luca's palm (hence the "Hero" part) but still failing to even have a chance to recover their previous close relationship, and having to live with it for the rest of their separated lives (hence the "Fallen" part).

I know HC would neither confirm nor deny any of this, but I for one think this could be a good direction for a possible bittersweet ending; if it will be either more bitter or sweet would be up to the last choice.

rungson

Aug 29, 2020
I think Mr. Luca is too brutal to havefuck with Laura. every day for a month without a break until the last day of the plan This is crazy

taragrey204

Dec 31, 2020
I agree with many of the posters about a need for a good ending. I need something that'll feel better after all the numerous(5+5?) bad ends.

Is Harry damn too oblivious? Yes. Do I still sympathize with him? Hell yes.

Again a good end in this game doesn't mean preventing NTR from happening. Hell he's already been ntr'd before the game and has huge repressed trauma from it.

So long as Harry can properly move on at the end unlike after the incident with Maya, I'll count it as win. I do hope that HC considers this as a good end when making one.
I completely understand the desire for a good ending to be included, I've wanted one myself several times. But as for whether or not one should be included from a game perspective, I'm not sure. One could make the argument that it's the need for the player to find the good path but incapable of finding it that makes the NTR hit just the right spot for the player. If they just make that right decision, thread the needle of choices to find the one path where everything goes right, then they can experience relief that a happy ending does exist, and they can close the game in satisfaction. But if it doesn't exist, that small ache inside drives them to look for it over and over again no matter how futile they know it to be.

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
Not really sure why people are debating the need for a 'good' ending when the Dev has already committed to having one after the Hero path is finished.

Of course, knowing the Dev's sensibilities how 'happy' the 'good' ending will actually have is subject of speculation...

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
We're not going to get a good ending, we're gonna get a good path that abruptly ends similar to every other "ending" we've gotten without resolution to the story branch. Prove me wrong, i beg you.

jaden000

May 30, 2020
I don't want a good ending in this game. I also don't want a edgelord revenge-cuck ending aka "KiWw tHE LuCA" or other childish nonsense.
All I want is that Harry to fall into the abyss of humilation, perverted pleasure and misery. Is this so much to ask?
Time for Harry x Luca :cool:

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes