VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 101 Votes

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Ehhh, he's kind of repeating same tune over and over. Jeez, give Harry a break. Or at least turn him into hell-bent-on-revenge-murdering-psychopath.
NTR-wise, game was best early to mid story, after that characters turned more into caricatures.

Reactions: AverageHalfwit

lkjhgfdfghjkl

Jul 1, 2021
so the good ending might not be for harry
We don't know yet and personally I don't really care, investing in a character's success after benefitting from their failures feels insincere. Aya's path will probably coincide with the "good" end and it seems unlikely that she'd quickly fall to Luca on Laura's route when she has her own dedicated one straight after. Basically, there is still hope for those who need it

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
No, it is not what he said. Also my point was proving that the choices do matter.
my bad, I thought maybe, I could be helpful in some way, but I guess I didn't or got the wrong guy. Either way, I need popcorn this drama is heating so quick that I can probably cook an egg lol. jokes aside, I try to be non biased, and if I came out as one, then I apologize

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
We don't know yet and personally I don't really care, investing in a character's success after benefitting from their failures feels insincere. Aya's path will probably coincide with the "good" end and it seems unlikely that she'd quickly fall to Luca on Laura's route when she has her own dedicated one straight after. Basically, there is still hope for those who need it
who knows, there was a time when people thought illicit love was going to have at least a happy ending for the mc, now everyone is suggesting that the douche is the mc because he keeps cucking the mc and 2.5 out of the 4 girls the mc was seen have/are falling for the douche, and the mc is going to lose the third girl within a couple of chapters (fucking jihno), but as I say on another comment, I'm just there for the ride since ntr isn't my favorite genre. #vanillaharem
we can easily say that laura is probably out of the picture for the "good ending" since the based game is about her essentially getting corrupted by luka. aya, hard to say since I don't want to say she'll be part of it, but I also don't want to agree in some speculation since I don't want to get my hopes high for harry.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I said everything that had to be said 3+ pages ago, no point on replying to your bibles trying to convince yourself that you like this game and aren't revenge reviewing the game like your friend that got banned from the thread
You got triggered by a simple honest review and immediately called me an attention seeking troll even though there are multiple reviews that said the same thing I said. This argument was laid to rest months ago both here and on the discord server but you got your panties in a twist because you couldn't handle one simple review. All this mental gymnastics, all these memes just because you can't get over a simple review yet when it's explained to you, your response is to stick your head in the sand and act like a 5 year old. The last 3+ pages wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been so triggered. Not my fault.

Reactions: AverageHalfwit

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
You got triggered by a simple honest review and immediately called me an attention seeking troll even though there are multiple reviews that said the same thing I said. This argument was laid to rest months ago both here and on the discord server but you got your panties in a twist because you couldn't handle one simple review. All this mental gymnastics, all these memes just because you can't get over a simple review yet when it's explained to you to stick your head in the sand and act like a 5 year old. The last 3+ pages wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been so triggered. Not my fault.
because even if all choices lead to harry loses, laura broken, luca wins,
(which is a very general summery like i said) i don't see a problem with it, different routes can lead to the same destination, just adding different scenes is already good enough.
and even then the game is under development with a good ending planned, also of the 4 current endings, they don't all end with luca wins
( clumsy hero)

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
You got triggered by a simple honest review and immediately called me an attention seeking troll even though there are multiple reviews that said the same thing I said. This argument was laid to rest months ago both here and on the discord server but you got your panties in a twist because you couldn't handle one simple review. All this mental gymnastics, all these memes just because you can't get over a simple review yet when it's explained to you, your response is to stick your head in the sand and act like a 5 year old. The last 3+ pages wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been so triggered. Not my fault.
Mental gymnastics? The ones you are doing to look like you liked this game? haha I call you an attention seeking troll because you are and are known to be on this thread, nothing new

• Angry
Reactions: Y.Gromov

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mental gymnastics? The ones you are doing to look like you liked this game? haha I call you an attention seeking troll because you are and are known to be on this thread, nothing new
because even if all choices lead to harry loses, laura broken, luca wins,
(which is a very general summery like i said) i don't see a problem with it, different routes can lead to the same destination, just adding different scenes is already good enough.
and even then the game is under development with a good ending planned, also of the 4 current endings, they don't all end with luca wins
( clumsy hero)
Whatever helps you two sleep at night.

• Haha
Reactions: ktez

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
I'd argue that even in the clumsy ending Luca wins. His goal is to destroy Harry. That goal was accomplished. Though he may have become a martyr for his cause he still succeeded in the end. He just wasn't around to enjoy it.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Let's see if i can make a general concept to prove a point about variety. So if in one path Luca slaps Laura with his right hand and in another he uses his left it makes it different. Regardless of the actions though being similar yet different have the same result of Laura getting slapped. The point being that just because it veers in a slightly different direction the result remains the same.

Now the problem we have is that the choices are presented as do something or don't yet both end up with the same result. So making the choice ends up meaning nothing. So if the choice has do i slit Luca's throat yes or no the rational outcomes would be Luca dead or alive. Yet by the way things are handled here It doesn't matter because Luca will win regardless choice be damned.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Let's see if i can make a general concept to prove a point about variety. So if in one path Luca slaps Laura with his right hand and in another he uses his left it makes it different. Regardless of the actions though being similar yet different have the same result of Laura getting slapped. The point being that just because it veers in a slightly different direction the result remains the same.

Now the problem we have is that the choices are presented as do something or don't yet both end up with the same result. So making the choice ends up meaning nothing. So if the choice has do i slit Luca's throat yes or no the rational outcomes would be Luca dead or alive. Yet by the way things are handled here It doesn't matter because Luca will win regardless choice be damned.
In your mind, the only result that would be different would be some non-NTR happy end. Most people who enjoy NTR will consider different NTR situations as different results. Normal 1 had NTR reveal ending. Normal 2 had the oblivious NTR ending. Those are different endings while both being NTR. You are beating a dead fucking horse. Maybe it's time to go join your friend Slappy in that other thread.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022

the problem is that you think it should lead to a different result, i played his previous game and assumed all routes except maybe two good endings with each girl will lead to Luca's absolute victory.
I'm not playing this game to see a different outcome of harry loses luca wins, i want to see the routes story and content, the suffering and humiliation in harry pov, and the hot scenes and story with corruption of the heroines.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I'm not sure my opinion will be valid here, since it's become more of a personal matters. But I had my big post where I also mentioned a good ending for Harry, where he could break up with Laura. It's also safe to say, that I have seen other people in this thread, who like NTR and still wanted that ending too.

The example with game that would be called "How to kill Harry" it's not a good one, IMO. There is big amount of works that sounds like it's about one thing and then it turns out about another one. And it's actually the most common way in games that has different endings. Yes, you could kill Harry 10 in different ways, but you also could add a secret ending, where you actually speak with him and in the end you decide to spear his life. Hell, it even can be the true ending, as some kind of philosophical message from the dev (Like everything you needed is to understand each other. It's blunt, I know, but it's just an example), that give you his piece of mind. I saw such games and it was cool.

As for the APBLU, I have seen devs previous work and it felt more like a kinetic novel. The only choice you had was at the very end, but they all led to a bad ending. I figured it's just the way this author work with his stories. I didn't really like his previous game, but I did not tell anything in that thread, because I just decide it's not for me. Yet I gave his new game a try, expecting to see similar things here, but ended to like it much more for other things that he did. Of course, I had my expectations for different outcomes, when the dev actually introduced choices for the player. I thought they could lead to more interesting endings than what I've seen so far. But at the same time, I understand that, people who are fans of this genre probably just would not have appreciated it. If more than one ending would be not about Harry's suffering. Although I wouldn't give this game 3 stars like Sumatra 3D did and in my personal opinion, this game deserves a solid 4. But as I said in my big post, I don't consider myself a fan of the NTR genre, so I may just not grasp what fans really appreciate about this work.
But at the same time, I think I can talk about more neutral things, and in general express my opinion without claiming that the developer is necessarily wrong and should have done things differently.

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
Did you just tag them to help you win argument on internet after calling me that I'm collecting points? :KEK:
We know them, lost souls hunting this thread unable to move on. You know some of them openly even admited that they don't like NTR....

I respected your plea but you are clearly desperate here to win this argument while calling others triggered. We have as much right to review your review as you had right to write one to begin with. Move on if you don't like it none will tag you if you don't make new posts going in circles over and over.
And btw I'm done with showing you arguments because you don't understand them. You did a strawman fallacy on my example and called it a victory.
The common denominator on these guys: ' I don't consider myself a fan of the NTR genre ' right after reviewing a NTR game, wondering why people see them as trolls

• Angry
Reactions: Y.Gromov

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Did you just tag them to help you win argument on internet after calling me that I'm collecting points? :KEK:
We know them, lost souls hunting this thread unable to move on. You know some of them openly even admited that they don't like NTR....

I respected your plea but you are clearly desperate here to win this argument while calling others triggered. We have as much right to review your review as you had right to write one to begin with. Move on if you don't like it none will tag you if you don't make new posts going in circles over and over.
And btw I'm done with showing you arguments because you don't understand them. You did a strawman fallacy on my example and called it a victory.
I tagged them so they could see the stupidity of Ktez calling them my alt accounts but sure keep being obtuse.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm not sure my opinion will be valid here, since it's become more of a personal matters. But I had my big post where I also mentioned a good ending for Harry, where he could break up with Laura. It's also safe to say, that I have seen other people in this thread, who like NTR and still wanted that ending too.

The example with game that would be called "How to kill Harry" it's not a good one, IMO. There is big amount of works that sounds like it's about one thing and then it turns out about another one. And it's actually the most common way in games that has different endings. Yes, you could kill Harry 10 in different ways, but you also could add a secret ending, where you actually speak with him and in the end you decide to spear his life. Hell, it even can be the true ending, as some kind of philosophical message from the dev (Like everything you needed is to understand each other. It's blunt, I know, but it's just an example), that give you his piece of mind. I saw such games and it was cool.

As for the APBLU, I have seen devs previous work and it felt more like a kinetic novel. The only choice you had was at the very end, but they all led to a bad ending. I figured it's just the way this author work with his stories. I didn't really like his previous game, but I did not tell anything in that thread, because I just decide it's not for me. Yet I gave his new game a try, expecting to see similar things here, but ended to like it much more for other things that he did. Of course, I had my expectations for different outcomes, when the dev actually introduced choices for the player. I thought they could lead to more interesting endings than what I've seen so far. But at the same time, I understand that, people who are fans of this genre probably just would not have appreciated it. If more than one ending would be not about Harry's suffering. Although I wouldn't give this game 3 stars like Sumatra 3D did and in my personal opinion, this game deserves a solid 4. But as I said in my big post, I don't consider myself a fan of the NTR genre, so I may just not grasp what fans really appreciate about this work.
But at the same time, I think I can talk about more neutral things, and in general express my opinion without claiming that the developer is necessarily wrong and should have done things differently.
No man. Most people are not babies who cry about an author producing a story that fails to match their preferences perfectly. It's not a hard concept. If most of the endings were some melancholic or poignant one with a hopeful tone, most players would accept it as a fitting ending. The journey to get there was full of satisfying NTR corruption and shit, so it would have been a worthy NTR game regardless. The most braindead thing about all this bitching is that the game isn't even complete yet. The way I see it, the ending you are thinking of (break up, move on, and heal) actually has a pretty high likelihood of being one of the Good Endings. But if not, well tough shit. Plenty of people, and the author apparently, likes the more devestating conclusions to NTR.

How hard is it to not be an entitled twat, really? Crying about routes is seriously one of the most childish behavior. "Waaah, what about my route~~" Come on...

That last bit wasn't directed at you specifically, or even to the people in this thread. It's a general statement regarding any game, regardless of tags.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
No man. Most people are not babies who cry about an author producing a story that fails to match their preferences perfectly. It's not a hard concept. If most of the endings were some melancholic or poignant one with a hopeful tone, most players would accept it as a fitting ending. The journey to get there was full of satisfying NTR corruption and shit, so it would have been a worthy NTR game regardless. The most braindead thing about all this bitching is that the game isn't even complete yet. The way I see it, the ending you are thinking of (break up, move on, and heal) actually has a pretty high likelihood of being one of the Good Endings. But if not, well tough shit. Plenty of people, and the author apparently, likes the more devestating conclusions to NTR.

How hard is it to not be an entitled twat, really? Crying about routes is seriously one of the most childish behavior. "Waaah, what about my route~~" Come on...

That last bit wasn't directed at you specifically, or even to the people in this thread. It's a general statement regarding any game, regardless of tags.
To be honest, I don't see anything bad when people asking the dev for the route they want. But if the dev answer that it's go against his plans, vision, you should accept it, because it is the only way for people to produce truly unique creative works, and so it will not turn into a conveyor belt, that is in popular demand. If you are a true fan, it's only natural that you will want a particular ending for your favorite characters, but if you respect the author, you should accept his wishes.
You can of course remain dissatisfied with his decision, but most importantly, do not press him for it.

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
Considering you were the one who tagged me first and started this whole debacle over a review, I'd say you're the troll.
The debacle of you coping is the only debacle I've seen hahaha, I'm not the one going to a game with tags I don't even like to revenge review and write bibles of text asking for a NTR route, you and your 2-3 friends that don't like NTR are the only attention seeking trolls here.

Just to prove my point: This dude came to review the game with 1 star after liking your replies to make people arguing mad, a literal attention seeking troll. Oh! You liked his review! What a surprise!

He can't relate to harry! That's so sad, lets give the game 1 star because he can't relate to the dude being cheated on HAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
Sumatra 3D :WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart:

1675025692702.png

Making you look like a clown is as easy as looking for reviews that you liked. You like reviews from people that don't really like NTR. WHAT A SURPRISE! Sumatra 3D CLOWN
1675025908414.png :geek::geek:

Last edited:

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017

Oh my god it doesn't fucking matter, the main plot of this game has already happened, the story is pretty much over, the branching paths were never advertised as leading into some different narrative entirely, and you people complaining over this need to get a fucking life and find a different game to play.

Honestly at this point my advise to the dev of this game would just be: wrap it up. What has been given to us is already (for people who are genuine fans of this genre of NTR I mean) good enough for 5/5 stars, no need to add elaborate ending paths which add nothing to the actual story.

Reactions: ktez
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes