VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Would definitely be hot, but that's too far out of character to happen. Harry isn't about to share the girl he loves. If he was, then I'm not so sure he would care enough to get ntr'd!
Was going to say this exactly. However, it might not be impossible when you take HC's other work 'The Edge Of' into consideration.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still, it would be a really fucked up ending. No question about that.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I think some of the comments here are a bit optimistic about how much is left of the story to tie up the conclusion. I suspect the end will be a bit more immediate and potentially unresolved (e.g. I doubt we'll see marriage scenes and the like).

That said, I'm more than open to being positively surprised.

Reactions: Puma1978

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I think some of the comments here are a bit optimistic about how much is left of the story to tie up the conclusion. I suspect the end will be a bit more immediate and potentially unresolved (e.g. I doubt we'll see marriage scenes and the like).

That said, I'm more than open to being positively surprised.
I also think that Dev will be more eager to finish the game quickly to start a new project.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I also think that Dev will be more eager to finish the game quickly to start a new project.
You do realize that this is only the first of probably around 10-20 endings that is going to be added? It's nowhere even close to being a finished project.

From the sounds of it, there's going to be some flashes forward, maybe a montage of the kind of life all of them end up with in the end. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flash of a marriage ceremony followed by Luca consummating Harry's marriage for him while Harry himself is passed out cold, from a long exhausting day rather than another dose of sleeping pills that Laura might've added to a glass of champagne by Luca's command. I think there's also a very real chance we're going to at least learn that Laura's pregnant, but maybe even see a final pic with her sporting a swollen belly and then a quick cut to Harry smiling naively at a very blonde haired baby.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Would definitely be hot, but that's too far out of character to happen. Harry isn't about to share the girl he loves. If he was, then I'm not so sure he would care enough to get ntr'd!
While i don't think it will happen i wouldn't say it is impossible. You know how Harry desperately proposes himself to Laura because he is afraid of losing her? He kinda know already she is cheating but convinces himself that Laura would break up rather then hurt him that way. Dev could push that further and make Harry be so afraid of losing Laura that he agrees to let her sleep with others.

You do realize that this is only the first of probably around 10-20 endings that is going to be added? It's nowhere even close to being a finished project.
Where did you take that number from ? From what i remember dev had 6 endings planned not counting the abrupt ends.
The game is half way done. 1.0 is expected to be completed game. I don't think he thinks of switching just yet.

Last edited:

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Where did you take that number from ? From what i remember dev had 6 endings planned not counting the abrupt ends.
Well so far we know that there are 5 ending paths for Laura, and the first one has two variations. If you count each variation on each path as an ending and extrapolate accordingly, then 2 girls times 5 paths times 2 variations each equals 20 endings. We don't know how many variations each path will get however and we also don't know how many paths Aya will end up getting, so 10-20 is kind of an estimate.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Well so far we know that there are 5 ending paths for Laura, and the first one has two variations. If you count each variation on each path as an ending and extrapolate accordingly, then 2 girls times 5 paths times 2 variations each equals 20 endings. We don't know how many variations each path will get however and we also don't know how many paths Aya will end up getting, so 10-20 is kind of an estimate.
That would be nice but lets see how Dev will work it out finally...20 endings seem pretty much and i think somehow the ideas are limitted. May still 5 longer satisfying endings to cover all kind of fetishes and the rest will be kind of abrupt quick endings.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Does anyone know if Dev is now releasing next updates only on steam or also on patreon?

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
The game has at least 1 year until fully finished in my opinion, count all the remaining endings (and some may have more than 1 alternatives), count 1-2-3 updates for each of it, count 1 month for each update.

So far the game is made in quite realistic and logical way. I don't believe the endings will be out of logic. Sharing doesn't look suitable for the current path. And I don't think Laura will become mindless and sex addicted whore, or slave for Luca, implementing all his wishes. He can offer her good sex and a pleassure which Harry cannot, so she will keep cheating, but that's all.

Reactions: paladinfox5

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Don't go overhyping yourselves. The game is half way done, HC said that himself when asked.
He won't be able to make 19 endings in the remaining 50%.
Aya route will not get as many endings as Laura, Aya will however have scenes in the Laura branch.
I'm pretty sure the in game guide for endings covers all routes - so Aya branch is already covered. I don't think abrupt is branch - i assume it will be simply a summary of all abrupt endings there will be. So i would guess 8 endings is the most there will be.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Don't go overhyping yourselves. The game is half way done, HC said that himself when asked.
He won't be able to make 19 endings in the remaining 50%.
Aya route will not get as many endings as Laura, Aya will however have scenes in the Laura branch.
I'm pretty sure the in game guide for endings covers all routes - so Aya branch is already covered. I don't think abrupt is branch - i assume it will be simply a summary of all abrupt endings there will be. So i would guess 8 endings is the most there will be.
Just to be clear, the game is not halfway done. HC just replied to a post on his patreon saying that v1.0 will most likely only mark the end of Laura's route, after which he will focus on Aya's route (as well as Sandra's and Maya's to a lesser degree.)

Edit:

Also, for those who aren't fond of the change in Laura's hair color, HC said that it is exclusive to the two endings in the normal path. Laura will have her normal hair color in the other endings.

Last edited:

dafcxzfcx

Mar 28, 2022
I think it would have looked better if accessories and makeup were changed like the changed hairstyle.
I don't know if the appearance will change a little more at 0.5v, but it looks awkward at the present state.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Just to be clear, the game is not halfway done. HC just replied to a post on his patreon saying that v1.0 will most likely only mark the end of Laura's route, after which he will focus on Aya's route (as well as Sandra's and Maya's to a lesser degree.)
I see, hard to say if it good thing or not. On one hand game is good so nice to have more of it but i fear it may start dragging on. Once we get couple endings remaining ones will feel less exciting - it is just natural. Also i kinda like the 1-1,5 year development cycle.

Reactions: Animefan_09

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not a fan of that particular change, but it would be fun if her appearance in other routes changed to suit those paths. Like if she tries to emulate Aya's look, but sluttier.
Her trying to go blonde in a desperate attempt to keep Harry because she is fully aware that Aya is successfully stealing him away from her would be comedy gold. Much better plotwise than how it has actually transpired.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I see, hard to say if it good thing or not. On one hand game is good so nice to have more of it but i fear it may start dragging on. Once we get couple endings remaining ones will feel less exciting - it is just natural. Also i kinda like the 1-1,5 year development cycle.

I agree on all points xD, that is why i only mentioned changes in half the routes/endings only, the other thing is that is great when the changes are gradual, both like firts is small things that she can hide or aren't that drastic until she doesn't care anymore, like first is just dyeing her hair and/or hairstyle, then is clothes, piercings, tattos, etc.

I think Laura went through something like that here, not perfectly but perfect is boring anyway and the first appearence change was great and handled well even if it was drastic.

Reactions: Terix3

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Does this game have good ending and how to get it ?
The good ending is when he loses Laura to Luca and they move into their swanky new apartment where Laura gives birth to a baby that looks just like Harry. Then just sits there smirking at Luca while he has that stupid look on his face. Smash to game over screen.

Reactions: dobzzz
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes