VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I like the game, but I still feel like Laura giving in to Luca's demands is so out of character for her. She would talk to Harry before agreeing to be Luca's plaything for a month. She wouldn't make that decision without including him in the process.
I disagree also she subtly asks Harry about the concept of sacrifice for the sake of a loved one. Knowing that he would chose to sacrifice himself for her and that if he knew he wouldn't allow her to make the deal she had no choice but to keep it secret. The idea of selling body to protect loved one is not exactly unthinkable.

If you want to find a fault in her thinking is the lack of attempt to outsmart Luca. Obviously any such attempt should still fail because this is NTR story ...

subaru_dono

Jul 5, 2017
I disagree also she subtly asks Harry about the concept of sacrifice for the sake of a loved one. Knowing that he would chose to sacrifice himself for her and that if he knew he wouldn't allow her to make the deal she had no choice but to keep it secret. The idea of selling body to protect loved one is not exactly unthinkable.

If you want to find a fault in her thinking is the lack of attempt to outsmart Luca. Obviously any such attempt should still fail because this is NTR story ...
The framing of the story does establish, however vaguely, how Luca's family's organized crime connections protect him from conventional retaliation. And Laura does confirm that Luca would relentlessly torture Harry because of Luca's mommy issues.

Reactions: Animefan_09

lemonsqueezie

Dec 7, 2022

I agree with you on Laura's notion of sacrifice, but still think it doesn't really fit with her personality to be willing to sacrifice her body for a whole month. She has to know that such a sacrifice will ruin her relationship with Harry, she is way too smart to believe otherwise..

Reactions: AverageHalfwit

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I agree with you on Laura's notion of sacrifice, but still think it doesn't really fit with her personality to be willing to sacrifice her body for a whole month. She has to know that such a sacrifice will ruin her relationship with Harry, she is way too smart to believe otherwise..
She knows, she even comments on it. Two things to keep in mind:
-she doesn't know about depths of Harry's trauma
-she attempts to be a better person, to live up to the example Harry is setting
What part of her character speaks against willingness of sacrificing her body ? She doesn't consider her body to be a sanctum or anything. She is closer to thinking of herself as the dirty, unworthy one. In her sacrifice the part that is hard for her is not giving her body but the risk of losing Harry. But she decides that saving Harry is most important and she will accept if he hates her as long as he is safe.

Oct 20, 2019
I notice a tendency from the more eloquent members of the thread to go to great lenghts in justifying Lauras's behaviours (and calling her cheating a sacrifice or a quest for betterment is just that - justifying). Now, I'm not the greatest connaiseur of NTR history and sub-species and whatever, but I see NTR as being plain ole' fetishizing cheating; cheating is, at it's basic level, emotional abuse (the breaking of trust, the breach of boundaries, the taking consent away etc. Just read some real-life stories about cheating and the consequences it has to the cheated party and you'll see why it's a nasty form of abuse; there are always explanations for this form of abuse but never justification). Okay, this is just a visual novel or an almost-game so "no animals were harmed in filming..." but justifying cheating from an abstract medium is just that - justifying abuse but in an abstract form. Why not just call her as it is based on her behaviours: a person without sense of boundaries, flirting with sociopathy (she "saves" Harry by knowingly exposing him to direct abuse) and perhaps a tad of narcissism (the always trying to be in control of the narrative bit), so a toxic person. Her actions being "out of character" is irrelevant - those actions are what defines her character.
And that leads to my point: the only (proper) good ending (one in which a modicum of dignity is restored to the parties involved) would be for Laura to come clean to Harry, get the (much-needed) therapy and break contact with Luca; for Harry to cut all contact with Laura and hopefully to manage to heal in a way that doesn't make him less of an idealist; for Luca to get a form of criminal charge (the attempted blackmail and the roofie-ing being the most obvious).
Cheers

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes