VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Series Of Fortunate Events [v0.8] [Agnaricson]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

Remake it with HS2 or try to find the old HS1 files/mods etc.?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redcloud

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone! I wanted to share some quick thoughts with you guys regarding this little game I made way back. I promised I was going to return at some point to give it a proper send-off, but I have since lost practically all there was to it (files, characters, mods, etc.).

I feel like it's come to a point now where I may finally have some time to continue making this game, but I wanted to get some feedback beforehand.

I could potentially remake the game with a newer version of Honey Select (2), and try and mimic as much as I can of the old experience. Or, I can go back to HS1, try to find all the mods and such, and try to end it as it was supposed to.

Please answer the poll I'm putting up, so I can see what you guys would prefer. Then we'll see if we can finally get rid of that "Abandoned"-tag!

Also, what did you guys like about this one? I'd love to know :)
best christmas gift ever! loved the storyline tbh and grandma lol try your hand with honey imo.

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone! I wanted to share some quick thoughts with you guys regarding this little game I made way back. I promised I was going to return at some point to give it a proper send-off, but I have since lost practically all there was to it (files, characters, mods, etc.).

I feel like it's come to a point now where I may finally have some time to continue making this game, but I wanted to get some feedback beforehand.

I could potentially remake the game with a newer version of Honey Select (2), and try and mimic as much as I can of the old experience. Or, I can go back to HS1, try to find all the mods and such, and try to end it as it was supposed to.

Please answer the poll I'm putting up, so I can see what you guys would prefer. Then we'll see if we can finally get rid of that "Abandoned"-tag!

Hi,

Nice to hear that you will be able to continue or redo this awesome fantastic super hot game !

I think the best features of the game are the GILF characters, and the overall vibe to it.
And oh, also of course the Boobies size : superb :cool:

I've answered the poll (HS2), but it's only a preference, just do it with what makes you feel most comfortable with (y)

Grtz,
PatrickB

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hi,

Nice to hear that you will be able to continue or redo this awesome fantastic super hot game !

I think the best features of the game are the GILF characters, and the overall vibe to it.
And oh, also of course the Boobies size : superb :cool:

I've answered the poll (HS2), but it's only a preference, just do it with what makes you feel most comfortable with (y)

Grtz,
PatrickB
Yep, can't forget the Grandma, busty GILFs FTW. Golden Boy has some awesome Grandma content; it's building up pretty well, can't wait 'til it gets really spicy.

elvenc

Aug 14, 2018
As long as it is similar (models etc), then I don't mind either version. Whatever will be faster to be honest. That being said, I have the feeling that trying to find the old models in an obscure manner may not work, so you might as well redo it

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018

HS2 is waaay better and I wouldnt mind smaller breasts they were too big (for my taste)

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
8a8whz.jpg

Honey Select 2 it is. Thanks for the votes, guys :)

I'm gonna start this project during this upcoming week, and I'll keep you updated on the progress. Not quite sure on how I'll be releasing the game (with versions like I have been doing, or by making the complete game before I release it). I'm fed up with all the 0.0.0.1-versions of games around here, so I'm leaning towards finishing it completely before I release it.

Meanwhile - have a very merry christmas with your family and friends, and I hope you're as excited as I am for the remake/continuation of this silly little game I started out with all those years ago! See yaaa!

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I hope you had a great christmas, everyone! Here, have a late present from yours truly:

HS2_2023-12-29-20-41-01-044.png

I'm gonna add a bit more story and depth (and cool lore-elements) to the game this time around, so that it feels more fleshed out than what the first edition did. I also have a plan in mind as to how the story will end, so I hope you're excited to see what happens to our lucky protagonist (this time)! The plan moving forward is to release this game for free, and then eventually get started on my very own Patreon-project. I've only started dipping my toes into this project, but I'll slowly but surely make something I can be proud of, and for you guys to enjoy! And I'm not sure how long this will take me, but know that I'm finally having the time (and fun) to work on this project again.

Till next time! :cool:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I hope you had a great christmas, everyone! Here, have a late present from yours truly:

View attachment 3219361

I'm gonna add a bit more story and depth (and cool lore-elements) to the game this time around, so that it feels more fleshed out than what the first edition did. I also have a plan in mind as to how the story will end, so I hope you're excited to see what happens to our lucky protagonist (this time)! The plan moving forward is to release this game for free, and then eventually get started on my very own Patreon-project. I've only started dipping my toes into this project, but I'll slowly but surely make something I can be proud of, and for you guys to enjoy! And I'm not sure how long this will take me, but know that I'm finally having the time (and fun) to work on this project again.

Thanks for the update! Gotta say, I like the old hairstyles a lot, but I'm a sucker for some of the more popular HS 1 assets lol. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what the new project is gonna be!

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017

View attachment 3219361

Oh, I see this is gone be gooooooooooooooood !
Him supporting his lovely sexy LI by carrying some of the weight on his shoulder and all that ;)

Reactions: fanboi and rKnight

Radagastt

Jan 4, 2020

View attachment 3219361

Agnaricson Great you are back on this project and that too in HS 2.
So any update on the progress?
And just a suggestion plz keep the mom hot as she was in previous version with those big melons and those red lips :love:
Don't forget the red lips:giggle:

Last edited:

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Agnaricson Great you are back on this project and that too in HS 2.
So any update on the progress?
And just a suggestion plz keep the mom hot as she was in previous version with those big melons and those red lips :love:
Don't forget the red lips:giggle:
Hey guys! Quick little update. I'm really taking my time with ASOFE, and I am currently in the process of moving to another house, so progress is going to be a bit slower in the coming weeks. With regards to how I'm "remaking" the game, I want it so that there's like a gimmick for each of the ladies you encounter (or, most of them at least).

One example is a character you will encounter later in the game, where you have to "insult" her by typing in the correct rhyme in accordance to what she says. Things like that. I thought that would be a cool little addition to the game, and make it more "game-y".

I'm also adding some lore-stuff to the game, to make it a bit more involving to the player this time around. (Quick little screenshot from the UI).

Skjermbilde 2024-03-25 175141.png

Here's also a page from the Biography (note that this is WIP; things will surely change in the coming weeks):

Skjermbilde 2024-03-25 175807.png

Till next time, gents! <3

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
Loved the first iteration of this VN and I'm looking forward to trying the new version, but I'm hoping you don't make it too "game-y". Best wishes!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Agnaricson

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
anyone else have this issue
Carshes everytime in the same place

also got this error, not sure if it's connected
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 004429.png

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Update: So, as I fired things up with this project again, I went a bit back and forth with how I wanted it to turn out, and progress was a bit slower in the first weeks/months. But now that I've been blessed with some help in the writing/character aspect of the game (by a very good friend), things are coming along a lot faster. I'm almost fully done with the first chapter of the game, and while it is a bit different than the original, I can happily say that I'm way more satisfied with how things are turning out this time.

I don't want to spoil things too much, but this time, the characters are way more fleshed out and cartoony/goofy, something I feel fits the theme of this story better. I remember getting feedback that some of the character's behaviour seemed a bit bizarre last time, so the hope is to make them a bit more believable this time around.

So expect a funny storyline, goofy characters, big titted MILFs and a whole lotta spunk as you experience the "fortunate" protagonist's ventures through his mysterious and quirky hometown.

My goal is to finish the game up completely before I release it, but I will be posting screenshots and teasers along the way. I hope everyone is having a great summer! Till next time .

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Update: So, as I fired things up with this project again, I went a bit back and forth with how I wanted it to turn out, and progress was a bit slower in the first weeks/months. But now that I've been blessed with some help in the writing/character aspect of the game (by a very good friend), things are coming along a lot faster. I'm almost fully done with the first chapter of the game, and while it is a bit different than the original game, I can happily say that I'm way more satisfied with how things are turning out this time.

I don't want to spoil things too much, but this time, the characters are way more fleshed out and cartoony/goofy, something I feel fits the theme of this story better. I remember getting feedback that some of the character's behaviour seemed a bit bizarre last time, so the hope is to make them a bit more believable this time around.

So expect a funny storyline, goofy characters, big titted MILFs and a whole lotta spunk as you experience the "fortunate" protagonist's ventures through his mysterious and quirky hometown.

My goal is to finish the game up completely before I release it, but I will be posting screenshots and teasers along the way. I hope everyone is having a great summer! Till next time .
Awesome, thanks for the update! Although cartoony/goofy and more believable is gonna be a hell of a thing to implement, looking forward to seeing how it plays out! I'm glad that you're still into this given how long it's been. Hopefully you can generate a lot more support with a modern take on this concept that's sorely missing from this space these days (goofy, over-the-top incest shenanigans). Please, please, please apply for a Subscribestar account now if you want to get some support once the ball gets rolling.

Obviously Patreon has taken a sledgehammer to incest content, but anything that smacks of non- or dub-con has gotten the axe as well, and it would suck if you didn't have some of potential dub-con content like with the girlfriend's mother for example, or even some stuff with the grandmother let's say.

Also a personal point, I'm a fan of some sleeper-creeper action and if you were to consider going in that direction, Subscribestar would be perfectly fine with you implementing it... just throwing some stuff out there for you to think on as you're going about this.

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Awesome, thanks for the update! Although cartoony/goofy and more believable is gonna be a hell of a thing to implement, looking forward to seeing how it plays out! I'm glad that you're still into this given how long it's been. Hopefully you can generate a lot more support with a modern take on this concept that's sorely missing from this space these days (goofy, over-the-top incest shenanigans). Please, please, please apply for a Subscribestar account now if you want to get some support once the ball gets rolling.

Obviously Patreon has taken a sledgehammer to incest content, but anything that smacks of non- or dub-con has gotten the axe as well, and it would suck if you didn't have some of potential dub-con content like with the girlfriend's mother for example, or even some stuff with the grandmother let's say.

Also a personal point, I'm a fan of some sleeper-creeper action and if you were to consider going in that direction, Subscribestar would be perfectly fine with you implementing it... just throwing some stuff out there for you to think on as you're going about this.
Thanks, yoyo! Don't worry, everything you loved about the original is in this one as well - and THEN some! I'm considering making a Subscribestar, but I don't want to set deadlines for myself because then it's just work and not much fun. I wanna get this thing right, then release it, and THEN set up a Subscribestar to those who want to show their appreciation. That should keep me motivated!

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes