rmzn1534

Aug 13, 2023
Is there anyone using transalator3000 program for this game? I'm getting an error like this

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "000translator3000_main.rpyc", line 730, in script
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\AShotInTheDark-Chapter_4_WT-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\AShotInTheDark-Chapter_4_WT-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<translator3000>", line 740, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 627, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "<translator3000>", line 2893, in load_module
  File "_translator3000/__init__.tr3000py", line 7, in <module>
  File "<translator3000>", line 2893, in load_module
  File "_translator3000/web_handler.tr3000py", line 10, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\AShotInTheDark-Chapter_4_WT-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 1037, in load_module
    exec(code, mod.__dict__) # type: ignore
  File "python-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 147, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\AShotInTheDark-Chapter_4_WT-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 1037, in load_module
    exec(code, mod.__dict__) # type: ignore
  File "python-packages/requests/utils.py", line 63, in <module>
  File "python-packages/certifi/core.py", line 71, in where
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/importlib/resources.py", line 165, in path
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/importlib/resources.py", line 147, in files
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/importlib/_common.py", line 14, in from_package
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/importlib/_common.py", line 18, in fallback_resources
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/pathlib.py", line 1082, in __new__
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/pathlib.py", line 707, in _from_parts
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/pathlib.py", line 691, in _parse_args
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
AShotintheDark Chapter_4_WT
Mon Apr  8 23:47:32 2024

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Still can't decide if it's going to be a crazy cousin plot or MC having some kind of disassociation disorder with what happened to them when they were younger. If it's the latter that's gonna be harder to write for I feel. Try to woo the girl only for the MC to be the one that kidnapped her and potentially beat her. Might just all be a headfake though and the cabin will be empty.
Idk man, that's too farfetched. If anybody among them that's a little bit suspicious... I'd say it'd be Elly coz no matter how I start the game like going to party in every scenario, she manages to pop in. Like awfully weird
With everything we know I'd be somewhat surprised if it's not Elly. Just need more of their background for a concrete motive.
So you all think Elly is the culprit? What about Ashley? She is my number 1 on the list because:
1 - she hides something from the past.
2 - she is with MC's dad (her brother) in one of the visions during hypnosis, maybe they had an affair in the past and she is now obsessed with the MC because of the resemblance or something else they have in common. It looks like she can't control herself when she's close to the MC (the date, the kisses, the fingering).
3 - why the fuck does she have a big picture of the famous cabin in the middle of her living room??? (seen at the beginning of Chapter 4 when entering her house)

Nocode

Apr 27, 2023
This is an interesting game. Sexy and interesting Lis with chemistry with the mc, mystery elements, and an MC who is reserved but can actually stand up for himself.

It is weird for One of two twin Lis to be kidnapped for the entire game so far.

The thing that pisses me off with the last chapter is the mc being forced to become a drug mule. That is utterly stupid and a deal breaker for me. I don't like to play as a criminal or be involved in that shit. He's already on the police radar as a suspect for kidnapping and you want to add drug possession and dealing to that? Good luck with that. All to save a girl he met for ten minutes.

It's not even a player choice, it's just forced on you. I understand the mc has to get proactive in the kidnapping story but that just doesn't feel like a sensible or organic way to do that.
Looks like the dev is behind you. we still can't say how MC is going to manage the issue. Anyway, if we seek for bugs there are plenty. Not only this game but all. For example, a police officer cannot decide to release an accused. They only collect evidence and prosecutors analyze it.
Up here this game is so good that it keeps us all excited.
My suspect, Elli... or maybe MC...

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
So you all think Elly is the culprit? What about Ashley? She is my number 1 on the list because:
1 - she hides something from the past.
2 - she is with MC's dad (her brother) in one of the visions during hypnosis, maybe they had an affair in the past and she is now obsessed with the MC because of the resemblance or something else they have in common. It looks like she can't control herself when she's close to the MC (the date, the kisses, the fingering).
3 - why the fuck does she have a big picture of the famous cabin in the middle of her living room??? (seen at the beginning of Chapter 4 when entering her house)
I won't let myself believe Ashley is anything but an angel unless confronted with actual evidence. lol

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Looks like the dev is behind you. we still can't say how MC is going to manage the issue. Anyway, if we seek for bugs there are plenty. Not only this game but all. For example, a police officer cannot decide to release an accused. They only collect evidence and prosecutors analyze it.
Up here this game is so good that it keeps us all excited.
My suspect, Elli... or maybe MC...
I'm not sure what you mean by the dev is behind me.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Finally!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can we get Mai to write a AVN, please??

Please give me despair!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AnonW123

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I won't let myself believe Ashley is anything but an angel unless confronted with actual evidence. lol
Agreed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, I'd refuse to believe that MILF be the suspect. She's the hottest thing in this game and I'd like it if there was an ingame good ending with her.
I totally agree with you both that she's the hottest, but still....

Capture.PNG

Nocode

Apr 27, 2023
I'm not sure what you mean by the dev is behind me.
Might be my bad for sure. I can listen and read english like a pro but not used to writing or speaking.

I mean... Mc was threatening about drug dealing but he hasn't started working yet. You don't know whats coming... Should wait the plot development to judge.
Even so, it's not fair to confront a game with strict reality.
Call it 'literary licenses'.

4.30 star(s) 56 Votes