cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
In 14.8.1, is it impossible to charm mom before she leaves for the TV station? I've tried all variations but she alwas leaves. Is this a fundamental story change in the game?
Yes this is a story change, you must resolve the events with Gabby first. If you can rescue Mom from Gabby then in the process you can charm Mom

Reactions: desideuce

Larynx

Dec 31, 2017
What path would you recommend for a first playthrough (in terms of content, difficulty, etc.)? I'm guessing it's a good idea to stick to the walkthrough?

Drue

May 12, 2018
What path would you recommend for a first playthrough (in terms of content, difficulty, etc.)? I'm guessing it's a good idea to stick to the walkthrough?
Apprentice path is the most easy path (gold and mana) and a bit more Charm scene in the begining than other path

Reactions: Larynx

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
OK, so far I am enjoying the game, BUT when I follow "A fan made walk-through by Capacitor" I am having a couple of issues. During "Chapter 4: The Ritual" it says "Examine the bookcase (at least) three times, you should find a book on the death of Kurndorf, a missing book on demons and a book on rituals under the Broken Inn." BUT I can't seem to find "a missing book on demons". After that I followed the rest of the walkthrough up to the end of the ritual, BUT after completing it (with the skull chip) I click "Drop everything and RUN!!" and it just opens my inventory and doesn't let me drop anything. If I close the inventory and click "Drop everything and RUN!!" agian I just end up in the Hotel Dungeon/Cellar without an explosion ever happening. At which point I can no longer follow the guide.

I have a save at the start of "Chapter 4: The Ritual" I will do this chapter agian once I get some advice on how to A) Find "a missing book on demons" AND B) How to properly handle the completion of the ritual.

Thanks in advance to any who helps!

EDIT: Also, just to help with reducing bugs I thought I might point one out. The "Bubbles" app resets to "center" anytime you load a save even if the save is one with "lower left" selected. Obviously this isn't a game breaking bug, but it is a few extra clicks each time you load a save.

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
I clicked it over 100 times...then I walked around town making sure I did everything before it that I was supossed to do, and came back and clicked it like 15 more times. It hates me.

desideuce

Apr 30, 2017
1. I used to be able to trigger "invisibility" teaching from Kundorf but can't get the dialogue... How do you trigger it?
2. After I read the hypnoss book and use experience to learn the lesso from Beasley, how do I actually use it or trigger it?... Not gettin the option.

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
Bellow is the bit from the walkthrough on how to get "invisibility"

The only object you need is the Chalice, but in order to take it you need some help. Go to the Hotel and visit Kurndorf's ghost.
Use him the Salt Shaker, the Crystal, the Candles, the Chalk, the Silver Dagger, the Hemlock and Kurndorf's Skull. You can't use the Lock of Hair, it's sufficient that you have it on yourself.
Finally complain that you can't get all the stuff for the ritual. Kurndorf will teach you Dest, the Invisibility spell.

TLDR Just use everything you have for the ritual then "complain that you can't get all the stuff for the ritual".

Reactions: desideuce

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
OK, so far I am enjoying the game, BUT when I follow "A fan made walk-through by Capacitor" I am having a couple of issues. During "Chapter 4: The Ritual" it says "Examine the bookcase (at least) three times, you should find a book on the death of Kurndorf, a missing book on demons and a book on rituals under the Broken Inn." BUT I can't seem to find "a missing book on demons". After that I followed the rest of the walkthrough up to the end of the ritual, BUT after completing it (with the skull chip) I click "Drop everything and RUN!!" and it just opens my inventory and doesn't let me drop anything. If I close the inventory and click "Drop everything and RUN!!" agian I just end up in the Hotel Dungeon/Cellar without an explosion ever happening. At which point I can no longer follow the guide.

I have a save at the start of "Chapter 4: The Ritual" I will do this chapter agian once I get some advice on how to A) Find "a missing book on demons" AND B) How to properly handle the completion of the ritual.

Thanks in advance to any who helps!

EDIT: Also, just to help with reducing bugs I thought I might point one out. The "Bubbles" app resets to "center" anytime you load a save even if the save is one with "lower left" selected. Obviously this isn't a game breaking bug, but it is a few extra clicks each time you load a save.
There is no 'missing book on demons', there is nothing you are missing there. In general for books in the classrooms
- they appear based on other events or progress in the game. They will automatically appear
- a very few are random but with a high change (30-50% of the time)

Similarly there is nothing more to do at the end of the Ritual. It does not actually mean to drop items, just click the button and as noted you will be returned to the cellar.

1. I used to be able to trigger "invisibility" teaching from Kundorf but can't get the dialogue... How do you trigger it?
2. After I read the hypnoss book and use experience to learn the lesso from Beasley, how do I actually use it or trigger it?... Not gettin the option.
Try to pick up the Chalice in the church and Mother Superior will stop you. Also try to enter the cloister etc. Then Kurdorf will teach you

Is there only one chance to free Amy and Christine? If so, can I trigger it again by messing around in the cheat menu?
I might be possible to get it again, but difficult, you need to lose the book twice

Otherwise in the cheat menu try
- select 'View Items', drop the Book
- type 76 and click the move link
return the the game and visit Mr Beasley

Larynx

Dec 31, 2017
How do I trigger Mom's second masturbation scene? Do I need to have seen the scene in order to charm her?
I cannot charm her. I've defeated Jesse/Legion, and, when visiting mom's bedroom, mom leaves to go to Gabby at the TV station. She is still protected by "brimstone". Am I correct in understanding that the Gabby plot locks her her from being charmed if not charmed beforehand? How do I charm her?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do I trigger Mom's second masturbation scene? Do I need to have seen the scene in order to charm her?
I cannot charm her. I've defeated Jesse/Legion, and, when visiting mom's bedroom, mom leaves to go to Gabby at the TV station. She is still protected by "brimstone". Am I correct in understanding that the Gabby plot locks her her from being charmed if not charmed beforehand? How do I charm her?
There is no requirement for the masturbation scenes, just visit her at work and see what Gabby is doing. There is a walkthrough posted for these events a few days back and is at the end of the apprentice walkthrough included in the game version 14.8.1

Reactions: Larynx

Larynx

Dec 31, 2017
There is no requirement for the masturbation scenes, just visit her at work and see what Gabby is doing. There is a walkthrough posted for these events a few days back and is at the end of the apprentice walkthrough included in the game version 14.8.1
Thanks. I didn't realize I was using an incomplete walkthrough on the f95 wiki instead of the one included in the download.

King Dong

Jun 19, 2017
There is no 'missing book on demons', there is nothing you are missing there. In general for books in the classrooms
- they appear based on other events or progress in the game. They will automatically appear
- a very few are random but with a high change (30-50% of the time)

Similarly there is nothing more to do at the end of the Ritual. It does not actually mean to drop items, just click the button and as noted you will be returned to the cellar.
First of all, thank you for the reply! :D

Second, I played to the book part and same result glad to hear that I'm not actually doing anything wrong.

Lastly, as far as the ritual is concerned...

EDIT: Well, I played from my save at the begining of chapter 4 and everything worked out. Maybe it was just the time of day that I finished the ritual that broke it, but for now it worked.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
You only end up in hospital if you cannot otherwise lose the Book via other events. Primarily this means you have charmed Officer Batton and Diane White, or charmed Gina

That process is the main way to trigger the loss of the book and thus encounter Mr Beasley with Amy and Catherine. The version at the end of the Ritual is a fall-back version in case you could not get the other version

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes