Ars Goetia

Nov 11, 2017
It depends when you last played and what version, but if it was a 'long time ago' then there is certainly enough new content to replay
Yeah started replaying it.It looks like the UI got complicated.For some reason I can't use stones they use to give mana but now it says it's just a piece of junk. Since I know some javascript I deleted some of them with the perYourBody.RemoveItemSL(2);usingItem() function and added myself the equal mana but it was bothersome. :biggrin: Is this an intented bug or am I doing something wrong?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah started replaying it.It looks like the UI got complicated.For some reason I can't use stones they use to give mana but now it says it's just a piece of junk. Since I know some javascript I deleted some of them with the perYourBody.RemoveItemSL(2);usingItem() function and added myself the equal mana but it was bothersome. :biggrin: Is this an intented bug or am I doing something wrong?
You are doing something wrong. You can only use the stone in the Wild Ranges, no where else

Oct 4, 2017
I think my Mom/Gabby questline bugged out, assuming it has a conclusion at the moment. I went to the conference after talking with Beasley about the necklace, successfully charmed Gabby and got her to tell me where Mom is, but when I go to Gabby's house there's nothing there.

Futzing around in the cheat menu, I can see that Gabby's flags for "Conference over" and "Asked where mom is" are set to false, but setting them to true makes me unable to enter her house anymore. Also, Mom's location is listed as 998, which makes me think she's gone for good. Did I do something wrong, and/or what flags can I flip to fix this?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
You must of delayed too long or did not go to Gabby's house quickly enough. Are you using version 14.8.2b, the latest fix?

There were problems where you could charm Gabby but the game still treated as they run away together if you had delayed to the last possible day and you hit dawn on the next day before charming Mom

Reload from a save game before the conference and try again, this time make sure to get from there to Mom as quickly as possible, or preferable do the conference on an earlier day depending on your save

But in all cases please make sure to apply the update for version 14.8.2b and try the conference again.

Oct 4, 2017
I'm on 14.8.2b, and even if I go straight to Gabby's house from the conference she's not there. Unfortunately I can't do the conference a day earlier because of where my save is.

Quick edit: forcibly moving Mom to Gabby's house seems to have solved it. No idea what sort of repercussions that might have, though.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Please check your save from before the conference, where is Mom if you check in the cheat menu? If it is 998 you have a problem.

Did you reach Gabby's house before dawn (6am)?

Ryofu888

Jun 3, 2017
How do you deal with Gabby? i go to her house then i cannot do anything as she leads me to a bad ending. I already have the silver ring, the blue bottle. pams necklace and learned how to defend myself but i still keep getting the bad end

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
is there a way to construct a savegame? I was in the basement at the hotel (talking to the imprisoned witch and learning about the conjuring seance) and managed to free the girl from the nemesis, but lost the savefile.

I don't actually remember how far I was with the other quests except for the mechanic woman taking the stone to work with.

Oct 4, 2017
Please check your save from before the conference, where is Mom if you check in the cheat menu? If it is 998 you have a problem.

Did you reach Gabby's house before dawn (6am)?
Having talked to the mayor but waited to go to the conference, Mom is at 452. The next day (the day of the conference) she leaves to 998. I reach Gabby's house at 10:05pm that day and Mom is still at 998.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do you deal with Gabby? i go to her house then i cannot do anything as she leads me to a bad ending. I already have the silver ring, the blue bottle. pams necklace and learned how to defend myself but i still keep getting the bad end
There is a walkthrough in the apprentice walkthrough included in the game.

Basically, talk to other to learn about the necklace and do not then enter her house on your own, get someone else to help. There are two possible choices, the best is Tina, but the vampyre can do as well

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
is there a way to construct a savegame? I was in the basement at the hotel (talking to the imprisoned witch and learning about the conjuring seance) and managed to free the girl from the nemesis, but lost the savefile.

I don't actually remember how far I was with the other quests except for the mechanic woman taking the stone to work with.
Thoretically you could but in practice, no. It would be simplest for some one to share a save game at the point you are interested in, or play the game again to that point

You could also use the cheat menu to create the condition desired but depending on the case needed can be a little complicacted

Having talked to the mayor but waited to go to the conference, Mom is at 452. The next day (the day of the conference) she leaves to 998. I reach Gabby's house at 10:05pm that day and Mom is still at 998.
This does seem to be a bug, caused as you have left the conference to very late in the possible time and it is overlapping the 'bad end' cut-off time and thus Mom is running away.

Either reload from an earlier save or you can use the cheat menu, do the conference and then open the menu, select View People, locate Mom and move her to place 452. Make sure you do not hit dawn before you go to Gabby's house and charm or free her

wothisname

Jul 3, 2017
any idea when the good apprentice path will be implemented, and is there any point in trying a no/minimal charms playthrough atm ?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
any idea when the good apprentice path will be implemented, and is there any point in trying a no/minimal charms playthrough atm ?
No estimate

There is for Mrs Granger, events are slightly different and she has different dresses/imagesets for her different charm states
There is also for Ms. Titus as you can get her free slave version with different image sets at the library and at home

The game cannot be played without charming people at this time, you would hit unsolvable problems for some people. Some peripheral people you do not have to charm but some must be currently

wothisname

Jul 3, 2017
No estimate

There is for Mrs Granger, events are slightly different and she has different dresses/imagesets for her different charm states
There is also for Ms. Titus as you can get her free slave version with different image sets at the library and at home

The game cannot be played without charming people at this time, you would hit unsolvable problems for some people. Some peripheral people you do not have to charm but some must be currently
thanks man, and while yer here i came across a bug in the murder path, when Anita is going to shoot you in the park any action i tried to take would open the inventory surrender-try to run-whatever it opened the inventory and after clicking anything i would lose all items but still be stuck in that scene (had to avoid the scene and go straight to finding her hideout to finish the playthrough)

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
thanks man, and while yer here i came across a bug in the murder path, when Anita is going to shoot you in the park any action i tried to take would open the inventory surrender-try to run-whatever it opened the inventory and after clicking anything i would lose all items but still be stuck in that scene (had to avoid the scene and go straight to finding her hideout to finish the playthrough)
I cannot reproduce this issue, do you have a save game from a little before the Anita encounter so I can test. I have tried using a cheat but everything works fine.

Hey, not played this is ages, which path has the most content/ is the most complete?
The game is complete, sort of, on all paths, with some events not going as far as needed, or can be expanded. There is an end game on all paths but it is sort of a default one, and does not require 100%

There is different content on all paths, you can charm more people on the two murder variants but there are unique events on all paths, notably the Mom/Gabby events differ for murder/apprentice and the Conspiracy path encounters with Lauren and Sarah

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
Fantastic game. This is my first playthrough and I'm on apprentice path. I can not seem to trigger the seance because I can't get Monica to talk about it. According to the walkthrough I've fulfilled all other criteria. The witch won't start a dialogue about it either. What gives and for how long should I keep bumming around before giving up?

wothisname

Jul 3, 2017
I cannot reproduce this issue, do you have a save game from a little before the Anita encounter so I can test. I have tried using a cheat but everything works fine.
no i only have a end save for the next update, i doubt this will help but it seems out of place i had charmed Ms. Jones very early in the game i had chanced across her when visiting the teachers break room (or maybe when searching the books in history class?) and her office became available it was day 2 or 3 maybe having her charmed before the anita event screwed things up?

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes