Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Days of silence and then there's a post from cmacleod....
I got really excited only for there to be a question being answer...

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Days of silence and then there's a post from cmacleod....
I got really excited only for there to be a question being answer...
Yeah I fully understand that as you just wish that it is NOW that the new version of this marvelous game come out. :)
I am currently planning to start a closed beta for version 14.9 this weekend and probably run it for a week. Assuming that goes well then a release the followng weekend

Some teasers of new content

Shas'O

Feb 3, 2018
I am currently planning to start a closed beta for version 14.9 this weekend and probably run it for a week. Assuming that goes well then a release the followng weekend

Closed as in not open to public, where is the line?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So how does one get in this beta testing? Curious minds are curious.
I was just planning to advertise/request testers over at the Hypnopics Collective as it is simplest to handle group PM's and the like on one forum. If I do not get many offers I will advertise here as well

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
I was just planning to advertise/request testers over at the Hypnopics Collective as it is simplest to handle group PM's and the like on one forum. If I do not get many offers I will advertise here as well
Can I just put my name in here as offering? :)

VolksKrieg

Apr 6, 2018

may i know who is the woman in the character in game? they does not seems familiar.

Shas'O

Feb 3, 2018
I believe many of us will be heading there to get an account, in fact I have one too

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Thanks to those offering to help with the beta, but as I noted I prefer to keep the test within the one forum unless there are insufficient volunteers

quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
Chill guys, it would be wise to wait for the official version, usually beta version is riddled with bugs so it wouldn't be enjoyable for sure.

falcoon

Oct 30, 2016
Chill guys, it would be wise to wait for the official version, usually beta version is riddled with bugs
... and you are actually expected to report bugs, try different approaches etc. Since much stuff changed AFAIK there might be a lot (though I hope not).

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Chill guys, it would be wise to wait for the official version, usually beta version is riddled with bugs so it wouldn't be enjoyable for sure.
... and you are actually expected to report bugs, try different approaches etc. Since much stuff changed AFAIK there might be a lot (though I hope not).
I've beta tested games before. Its not bad as you make out to be. That being said those beta tests were a lot higher production companies (Ubisoft and Komani). But still its not a terrible as make sound.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Beta test

I got plenty of offers at the Hypnopics Collective so the test is on once I finish some content and testing.

Shas'O

Feb 3, 2018
I've beta tested games before. Its not bad as you make out to be. That being said those beta tests were a lot higher production companies (Ubisoft and Komani). But still its not a terrible as make sound.
Also that would be due to them testing with a very small group of testers pre-release with a large game

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes