cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
After clicking on choose file, a file picker is presented where i can choose the file that i want to load in, after that i don't see any option in regards to how to submit the file so it loads the saves from the file. Moreover, it doesn't seem to be an auto-submit. I'm using version 14.9 btw
As long as it is a valid save from version 14.8 or later it should just load once you select a file. I note the screen show as a 'all saves' type file, not a single save game, and those have to be loaded using 'load all from file' not 'load from file'
Also you must have some form of saving enabled in your browser, you cannot of disabled all cookies/localstorage etc if you are loading all saves. You can load/save a single file with them disabled

If you cannot resolve this please post the save file for me to check

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
As long as it is a valid save from version 14.8 or later it should just load once you select a file. I note the screen show as a 'all saves' type file, not a single save game, and those have to be loaded using 'load all from file' not 'load from file'
Also you must have some form of saving enabled in your browser, you cannot of disabled all cookies/localstorage etc if you are loading all saves. You can load/save a single file with them disabled

If you cannot resolve this please post the save file for me to check
2 examples attached

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
2 examples attached
Ok
it is an interesting bug in the 'Load All From File' option. I have fixed locally and will include it in the next update. It only seems to affect using a certain number of saves for load all. For now I suggest using load from file/save to file not 'load all'/'save all'

If you have some saves saved you can no longer use and need I can post a quick fix but would prefer not to until I do the 14.9.1 release

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
Ok
it is an interesting bug in the 'Load All From File' option. I have fixed locally and will include it in the next update. It only seems to affect using a certain number of saves for load all. For now I suggest using load from file/save to file not 'load all'/'save all'

If you have some saves saved you can no longer use and need I can post a quick fix but would prefer not to until I do the 14.9.1 release
Did some further testing at my end, it seems that only the "import save games" function works as expected at this moment.
This sadly breaks the option of having different save states

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
in ver 1.4.9, I found that The player face picture was fixed the "JamesDeen"
Can you explain what you mean? I just tried a new game and I can select different male avatars. Similarly loading save selects the correct image

Trevords726

Jan 17, 2018
I am on the apprentice path at chapter 7 but sir Gates ins't home to ask about demons so I am stuck is it because i have charmed Lauren? How do i find out about the demons to Find out about the strip club?

MattCooper

May 26, 2017
Hey, i don't know why, but i can't take Kurndorf skull in his crypt, it just show the option to take a box, I did't find that "Old Key" that is meant for me to take in the quest, i can't find it dunno why, and that aftane too, can't find it

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I am on the apprentice path at chapter 7 but sir Gates ins't home to ask about demons so I am stuck is it because i have charmed Lauren? How do i find out about the demons to Find out about the strip club?
I fail to understand how this is possible. On the apprentice path Sir Ronald is always available, he never leaves
Can you post your save game for me to check

Hey, i don't know why, but i can't take Kurndorf skull in his crypt, it just show the option to take a box, I did't find that "Old Key" that is meant for me to take in the quest, i can't find it dunno why, and that aftane too, can't find it
There is no item as such to pick up for the skull. The option to examine the coffin will add the skull to your inventory. Do you have a skull there and it you examine it does it list kurndorfs
The key, check the alley, cast clairvoyance there
Aftane is gotten after the old key story or charming Sarah depending on path

quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
Not much of the new content for 14.9 needs a walkthrough, most is quite straight-forward. One point
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I got the mechanic to unbind the witch then charm her right there, after that I can't find her at the mechanic shop so I don't have any way to break the vase and get the Neo One charm. Tips tell me to ask Monique for the answer but she wasn't helpful at all.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I got the mechanic to unbind the witch then charm her right there, after that I can't find her at the mechanic shop so I don't have any way to break the vase and get the Neo One charm. Tips tell me to ask Monique for the answer but she wasn't helpful at all.
You do not have to charm Hannah to get her to break the vase you know.

It sounds like the story for Hannah's sister has started, go to Celeste apartments (near the museum) and her apartment there

Reactions: quid quad quo

MattCooper

May 26, 2017
I'm stuck, Aprendice path, male, can't learn the possesion spell because the book is in Mr . Beasley's office,Don't have the bracellet because i don't know how to get to church, option not available in the taxi, and i dunno how to strength up my magic to protect myself

quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
Ok, I waited for 4 patches to play the game again, IT WAS WORTH IT! Finished my playthrough today, although I have to say that the walkthrough was wrong/missed a couple of points: how to charm Lilith the vampyre

If you held the Book for yourself, teleport in the Wild Ranges and immediately cast Unlife Enspelled. The Vampyre is now your servant.
It is wrong, there's nothing in the wild ranges. The correct way is go to the Kurndoff tomb and charm the living hell out of the Vampyre
Charm John Adams

Go to the Shopping Center and talk to Tess Adams. You can tell her that you are more interested in sex and then that you could be discrete for an extra scene.
Tell her to take you to her husband and enter the Adams residence.

Enter the Adams residence. You can charm John immediately and order him to give you any magical items he has
The walkthrough fails to warn you the prerequisite is to master the masculine trip stuff that Tess would help you decipher from the book, also do NOT send Tess home before you finish your business with John, else she'll disappear. I forgot to save so I had to restart the game not fun :mad:

Also you have to note that you could use simple charm (not Shielded charm) on Hannah when you ask her to unbind the chains on the witch but then you'd have to finish the Camryn quest before Hannah came back to the shop and helped you break the vase.

In conclusion, I love this game, thanks again cmac, you're the legend.

Reactions: greenray

MattCooper

May 26, 2017
How can i get the aftane? From the beggining please, i'm realy lost, i read the walkthrough, it said i need that old key, but i can't find it

quid quad quo

Jul 5, 2017
How can i get the aftane? From the beggining please, i'm realy lost, i read the walkthrough, it said i need that old key, but i can't find it
Apprentice:
Go see Sir Ronald and give him the Old Key. He will give you the Aftane.
While you are there, ask about the Blue Bottle and the Charm spell.
Conspiracy:

Cast the Pass spell to enter the Mansion. Talk to Sarah and Lauren and ask everything.
Learn Tuo Duo, the Clairvoyance spell, and cast the Pass spell on the safe to get the Aftane.
Murder:
visit the Gates' Mansion and speak with Sarah Gates. Ask about the Aftane and the Blue Bottle, then tell her you killed her uncle/you saw his murderers or that you are a detective.
Charm her and pick up the Wooden Box. Talk more to Sarah, ask again about the Blue Bottle (pick it up) and the Aftane (cast Pass on the safe).

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes