Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Or select the bright yellow cab in Photoshop and bring saturation and brightness all the way down for instant black taxi

less than one minute

Not saying that Cmac should do this, just pointing out that particular imageset lends itself exceedingly well to this kind of trick
It's not just about the colour though, UK cabs are of rather distinctive shape, so I'm not sure that would work that well. It is one solution to the problem though...

B4U

Jan 14, 2018
Opposed as I am to use three-letter homophobic slurs or crude jokes about them, I'd be remiss NOT to say that paying atention to the shape of the car in that imageset does, indeed, qualify as "gay test"

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Otherwise a solution is to have that imageset or similar for the US locale only, but for the UK use a different imageset, say one of the chauffer type ones and note that Glenvale is too small to have dedicated taxi's but there is a limo company in town, and used by the wealthy minority (mayor, sir ronald, Diane and some others) also hires out at a discount to the public

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Opposed as I am to use three-letter homophobic slurs or crude jokes about them, I'd be remiss NOT to say that paying atention to the shape of the car in that imageset does, indeed, qualify as "gay test"
And how exactly is the shape of a vehicle any less important or noticeable than its colour? You can't paint a garbage truck yellow and claim it's an ambulance. ;) If anything I'd say the shape or model is by far more important, since most people'd always pick *insert terrible or obnoxious colour here* Chevy Camaro over black (or whatever your favourite colour is) Volkswagen Bus.
Otherwise a solution is to have that imageset or similar for the US locale only, but for the UK use a different imageset, say one of the chauffer type ones and note that Glenvale is too small to have dedicated taxi's but there is a limo company in town, and used by the wealthy minority (mayor, sir ronald, Diane and some others) also hires out at a discount to the public
How about scenes from FemaleFakeTaxi.com where the cabbies are women and it is set in the UK? They don't have freely available pics online (to my knowledge) but if you wish I could find you imagesets?

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Damn, I hate to make a double reply but these might work for UK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The model's name is Cherry Kiss and she's also done a few lesbian scenes for FemaleFakeTaxi if you're interested.

D

Deleted member 76745

Also just to add to the brainstorming session, it could be a bus driver instead. If that makes things easier.

Power Lord

Jul 30, 2019
If you put a Letter of Credit in the Chest in your Bedroom, you can then got to Sir Ronald Gates to get as many Letters as you can carry, I think it only work once, though I don't know why I would Cheat when there are actual cheats in the game

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do you check what day you are up to?
Open your phone, it tells you the time and day of the week. There is no calendar otherwise in the game

Some events have a time limit or require the passage of time but these are just a number of days. A few evemts depend on the day of the week like Alison, and Camryn but otherwise it is by if the place is open (ie banks open weekdays etc)

B4U

Jan 14, 2018
I've noticed the Museum closes at weekends and Gina moves to her home as expected, but even if the museum is closed for the night she's still there. Poor overworked girl. Is that intentional, or a bug?

Three words, the transform spell
We've got, like, how many people able to resist the Dai Chu spell in the game? So how difficult would be to have the taxi driver inherently resistant to the Transform spell? (Spoiler alert: Not difficult at all). ;)

EDIT: joining double post

Last edited:

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
We've got, like, how many people able to resist the Dai Chu spell in the game? So how difficult would be to have the taxi driver inherently resistant to the Transform spell? (Spoiler alert: Not difficult t all). ;)
And there's a good plot reason for every single one of them, not to mention they all can or will be charmed in future versions.

So unless the taxi driver came straight from Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (I wonder how many people will get this reference), then it wouldn't make much sense. ;)

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
And there's a good plot reason for every single one of them, not to mention they all can or will be charmed in future versions.

So unless the taxi driver came straight from Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (I wonder how many people will get this reference), then it wouldn't make much sense. ;)
1564814924532.jpeg

B4U

Jan 14, 2018
About the same sense than a random pool swimmer, a random Japanse schoolgirl, a random gym goer / partime waitress, a random nun, a random blogger, a random housewife, a random gypsy, a random secretary, or a random biker chick, having out of the blue several deegres of resistance to the Dai Chu. Are they all coming straight from a game of Ars Magica? Naaah, they all have their resistances for plot reasons. And making another character resistant to any spell (be it the taxi driver to Transform, be it Leanne to Dai Chu after you free her but before you can actually cast the spell, - notice I saved THIS example for later) is always done for plot reasons.

TL;DR: Plot can justify lots of things :)
EDIT: Like, making the taxi driver resistant to transform PRECISELY for plot reasons.

Reactions: Dysphorika

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Neat game, particularly well designed. I enjoyed the interconnecting content. Pretty sure I missed some stuff as I found the guide about halfway through, but that is common in games like this (Summertime Saga and The Twist were similar for me as well). Just gives another reason for a replay. Look forward to continued development, keep up the great work!

Reactions: Power Lord

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Neat game, particularly well designed. I enjoyed the interconnecting content. Pretty sure I missed some stuff as I found the guide about halfway through, but that is common in games like this (Summertime Saga and The Twist were similar for me as well). Just gives another reason for a replay. Look forward to continued development, keep up the great work!
Thanks

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
About the same sense than a random pool swimmer, a random Japanse schoolgirl, a random gym goer / partime waitress, a random nun, a random blogger, a random housewife, a random gypsy, a random secretary, or a random biker chick, having out of the blue several deegres of resistance to the Dai Chu. Are they all coming straight from a game of Ars Magica? Naaah, they all have their resistances for plot reasons. And making another character resistant to any spell (be it the taxi driver to Transform, be it Leanne to Dai Chu after you free her but before you can actually cast the spell, - notice I saved THIS example for later) is always done for plot reasons.

TL;DR: Plot can justify lots of things :)
EDIT: Like, making the taxi driver resistant to transform PRECISELY for plot reasons.
Most of the characters you listed were anything but random, a few were actually a pretty important part of the storyline. By the way, who did you have in mind by blogger, housewife, secretary, nun and biker chick - they were all susceptible to the charm spell? Unless you meant Mother Superior as nun and mother's assistant Gabby as secretary?

Anyhow, my point is, that in all those cases there was usually a good plot reason for their immunity in the first place and making up a plot reason in order to make a character immune is only complicating things down the line, since you'll have to sooner or later come up with a way to overcome their immunity and make a scene for them.

It is a way to make the cabbie more difficult to charm and therefore to prevent players from getting free rides to early though, I suppose. However in this case your "too ugly to charm" way won't really cut it... Not to mention I'm not sure adding yet another "special" character is a good idea. *shrug*

Last edited:

Eisa

Donor
Jul 23, 2017
Anyone got a save file where you can star fucking your mom/sister and more girls/guys? the game is confusing me everytime. i just wanna pass with the stones and other things.

Power Lord

Jul 30, 2019
How significant is the "but don't train with her" on one of the "Visit Tess" in the Walkthrough? I did it a while ago and i don't want to go back that far

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes