khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah I found similar problems, I had to resort at times to
- using similar looking models and where their faces are less distinct (looking away or angled etc)
- using some fakes/headswap edited
I've been trying to stay away from using different models for the same character, but I will admit to doing that for 1 girl I found really hot that really only did a couple of dorm videos that didn't go as far as I would have liked. Found another girl who looks pretty similar (both in build and her face) to use as a stand in for a later scene where things go further, but like you mentioned you kind of have to make sure the video is shot from an angle where you can't tell for sure if the face is the same girl.

For the main character I don't even try to maintain consistency. He body swaps constantly to other male actors. I figured the girls are what people really care about. So in my game the MC is played by like 10 different actors who all look completely different but with the exception of that 1 girl I mentioned above, all of my girls are consistently the same actress.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Hi
I do not think there was or at least I do not recall. There is the option for the inventory to be a popup, where there is a bag icon on the left sidebar. This can be toggled in the phone apps.

This would allow both items/spells and phone to be open at once. Beyond that it is not a easy change to view both I will have a check but do not hold your breath, at best it will be the next version, not bug fixes for 14.12

I will have a look at the image gallery layout, that is a easier change but I will need to check more
Thanks for that Tip!
So, I tried that, and while this would fulfill the Layout-Request I had, opening the Inventory from the left sidebar force-closes the Phone for me, and it doesn't re-open on its own when closing the inventory again. Is there a Setting for that, i. e. to force the Phone to remain open when not closing it manually by clicking on the Button in the Left sidebar?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
For the main character I don't even try to maintain consistency. He body swaps constantly to other male actors. I figured the girls are what people really care about. So in my game the MC is played by like 10 different actors who all look completely different but with the exception of that 1 girl I mentioned above, all of my girls are consistently the same actress.
Generally for the player I have been cropping images to not show their face.

Using videos I have generally tried to use POV style ones or crop the video to again hide the face. This though is a question of the nature of the scenes wanted, A Spell For All just uses short loops up to 30 seconds mostly much shorter

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Thanks for that Tip!
So, I tried that, and while this would fulfill the Layout-Request I had, opening the Inventory from the left sidebar force-closes the Phone for me, and it doesn't re-open on its own when closing the inventory again. Is there a Setting for that, i. e. to force the Phone to remain open when not closing it manually by clicking on the Button in the Left sidebar?
Sorry no setting currently available. I will review and see if it can be easily altered

Reactions: Vaars

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Generally for the player I have been cropping images to not show their face.

Using videos I have generally tried to use POV style ones or crop the video to again hide the face. This though is a question of the nature of the scenes wanted, A Spell For All just uses short loops up to 30 seconds mostly much shorter
Yeah I thought about doing that, but some of the girls I'm using have some of my favorite scenes with actors who have dramatically different bodies. I'd rather have the best scenes for each girl even if it means in one scene the MC is a bald guy with a bodybuilder physique and in the next shot he looks like a scrawny teenager with a full head of hair.

Cutting the face out wouldn't be enough to matter for scenes like that. So I don't really care if the MC looks like Jonny Sins in one scene and Danny D in the next scene. What I care about is that he's fucking Madison Ivy and Shawna Lenee rather than whatever random girls I can find videos of the same guy fucking. Either way it's a concession.

4444taco

Oct 31, 2017
The Ava Adam's Monique option removes all images for me. Is this mode not yet ready? I'm using an android if that helps.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Not sure what to do (again...)

The only thing unchecked in notes is waiting for mom to return from her holiday with her work 'buddy'

Things left unresolved, these aren't in the notes - I don't know if these thing would move the plot along:

I let the witch go, I think it said she would return at some point or be on teh outskirts of town but I think its been 5 days or so.

The vampire situation - I saved the girl (sarah?) in the mansion on the first night and learned the undead spell, but the vamp comes back the next night and kills me I can't seem to use the spell. If I go to the sacred area in between each day a ghostly lady kills me.

The french chauffeur - I've mete her and talked to people in the mansion about her but again don't know what else to do. thought it might be something to do with the french teacher but nothing triggers.

Mr Beasly and the 2 girls - I didn't uncharm the girls on the first visit and they've not appeared again. Mr Beasly is charmed and i've learned hypnosis, but can't get anything to trigger.

AM i supposed to do anything with the demon i trapped in the crystal?

I've not been able to charm the bank woman, seems like I need to meet her somewhere nut there are no hints a s to where?

Last edited:

Mrwhysper

Oct 13, 2019

The only thing unchecked in notes is waiting for mom to return from her holiday with her work 'buddy'

Things left unresolved, these aren't in the notes - I don't know if these thing would move the plot along:

I let the witch go, I think it said she would return at some point or be on teh outskirts of town but I think its been 5 days or so.

The vampire situation - I saved the girl (sarah?) in the mansion on the first night and learned the undead spell, but the vamp comes back the next night and kills me I can't seem to use the spell. If I go to the sacred area in between each day a ghostly lady kills me.

The french chauffeur - I've mete her and talked to people in the mansion about her but again don't know what else to do. thought it might be something to do with the french teacher but nothing triggers.

Mr Beasly and the 2 girls - I didn't uncharm the girls on the first visit and they've not appeared again. Mr Beasly is charmed and i've learned hypnosis, but can't get anything to trigger.

I've not been able to charm the bank woman, seems like I need to meet her somewhere nut there are no hints a s to where?
Mom’s gone. You missed the window
Vampire is in Kurdorf’s crypt
You have to break into the chauffeuse’s apartment when she isn’t there and search.
If you didn’t uncharm the Ross sisters you’ve lost them as well.
Thr crystal is used for the transform spell
Talk to Mrs. Titus and she’ll tell you about a date she has. Meet her and charm Kristen (bank manager).

At this point I’d almost suggest starting over.

Jan 24, 2020

Use the silver ring from John Adams to free the sisters from Beasley, then you can charm him. remember to be protected before you go in or you will be charmed! Using the crystal you can transform Beasley into a woman. Hope this helps!!

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Mom’s gone. You missed the window
Vampire is in Kurdorf’s crypt
You have to break into the chauffeuse’s apartment when she isn’t there and search.
If you didn’t uncharm the Ross sisters you’ve lost them as well.
Thr crystal is used for the transform spell
Talk to Mrs. Titus and she’ll tell you about a date she has. Meet her and charm Kristen (bank manager).

At this point I’d almost suggest starting over.
The Dev told me above that the Ross sisters would reappear in Mr Beasleys room

I've talked to mrs titmus loads at this point. I guess its another thing things that I've missed.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Status
I have done some more small bugs fixes, notable Louise still gets in the way of some transformations.

I have also ported one more model from the bologna mod, Dani Daniels as Nina, with some changes to both models to add some changes to a couple of scenes. Note Mr Beasley can be transformed also to the same model but I am not limiting this as we allow duplicates using transform spells.

I plan the next 14.12c to be the last for the 14.12 release

but first

Query
A couple of complaints for the game I have gotten are
- navigation is difficult
- the user interface is difficult to use
but seldom have people explained in any details. I suspect either both come from people more used to the simpler interfaces for most Ren'py games

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to improve?

One thought I had was to
- alter the colour further of pure navigation buttons
- add arrows indicating direction, but the only managable thought I had there was to add up North (top of map), East, NW, NE, South, SE, SW

Sample image with arrows

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So is the bologna44 mod still needed with the current release? Or can I skip it without missing out?
The mod as linked in the first post is not an add-on for the game, it is a stand-alone version of the game. There is content in it not present in the main game (lot of bondage content and a character and movie scenes), but there is content in the main game missing from the mod (everything added from 14.9 to 14.12)

Reactions: kylarnoel

AL0694

Aug 20, 2021
The mod as linked in the first post is not an add-on for the game, it is a stand-alone version of the game. There is content in it not present in the main game (lot of bondage content and a character and movie scenes), but there is content in the main game missing from the mod (everything added from 14.9 to 14.12)
do you plan on doing a 14.13 update, or will this be the last update

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Suggestion for UI/Navigation

Thanks for all the feedback , I still welcome any more.

From what has been posted so far I have
- added labels to the map
- removed seldom used icons from the left sidebar into the phone. This includes load/save by default but an app can return those to the sidebar as well.
- related, remove the 'enable cheat' option, and just added a cheat option in your phone. The link/icon is removed from the left sidebar but the cheat options will still appear there
- added arrows to outside navigation buttons. Also reordered some into north to south order

I will (but probably in the next release)
- remove the 'Give' inventory icon and use the drop instead. Some text needs to be rephrased

I am reluctant to add to the map locations for people. In general I do not want to provide information the player does not know in character. I can add more schedules to the calendar tab in the phone when you meet a person at work.

In general the preference in the game is to use magic if in doubt, so maybe add a variation of clairvoyance that tells you where they are, say a version of hydromancy with a hand mirror or similar

Last edited:

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Suggestion for UI/Navigation

Thanks for all the feedback , I still welcome any more.

From what has been posted so far I have
- added labels to the map
- removed seldom used icons from the left sidebar into the phone. This includes load/save by default but an app can return those to the sidebar as well.
- related, remove the 'enable cheat' option, and just added a cheat option in your phone. The link/icon is removed from the left sidebar but the cheat options will still appear there
- added arrows to outside navigation buttons. Also reordered some into north to south order

I will (but probably in the next release)
- remove the 'Give' inventory icon and use the drop instead. Some text needs to be rephrased

I am reluctant to add to the map locations for people. In general I do not want to provide information the player does not know in character. I can add more schedules to the calendar tab in the phone when you meet a person at work.

In general the preference in the game is to use magic if in doubt, so maybe add a variation of clairvoyance that tells you where they are, say a version of hydromancy with a hand mirror or similar
I would suggest adding the scrying for characters Option as a specific Option when using Hydromancy, but only at the existing Hydromancy Sites .and maybe just add a few more Hydromancy Sites instead? Im thinking in the Hotel Pool at nighttime or the Monastery Courtyard, or Gates Mansion in the Ritual Room to name just a few....
I would suggest that mainly bc I would think it a frigging hard thing to add an Item at this stage of the Game that the Player would want/need to have from the time on they have the Clairvoyance spell.

Also, without wanting to put my Pet Issue, but since UI is the Name of the Game right now: Can/Will the "Force Phone to remain open when opening Inventory" Tweak be Part of that Overhaul?

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Another thing I would like to suggest is giving some Sort of Prompt as to when and where a new Location is accessible (Something like "In order to get to the Town Hall, i will have to walk past the Library"). At the moment, even when you are given the name of a Place you haven't visited yet and have unlocked now, there is no other Way but trial and error to find the Path to it. This might prove tricky and be a buttload of Work, especially since in a lot of cases the conditions for a Place opening up might vary, and might conflict with the "Only giving Information the Player Character knows" Premise, depending on how exactly you define that.

One more Thing I might suggest is having the Map link back on itself, if not from the Beginning, then with some Shortcuts. Rathdown Road to Cherise Road and Amaranth Place top Radio Station come to mind (maybe adding a Shortcut discoverable by Clairvoyance or that a Character has to tell you about? Making the Hospital accessible not only through the Park was a good Example for this already.

You could also subsume Locations under a Super-menu, especially School/Library, Aquarium/museum, and Radio Station/Police Station (and maybe Town hall) could be collected in a Scholastic Road/Radio Drive Screen, like the Store Road, and the Home Streets like yoolaroo Drive. you already did something similar with Oakpine Road, but that in fact only added another Screen on the Path from school to Celeste Apartments, for example ). that would save a lot of clicking, and could open the way to separating the Navigation into two Segments for all Screens: One for moving to another location at the top (with the feet Icon), and one for entering a Sub-location at the lower half of the screen (Without the Feet Icon).

Wow, that got a lot longer than I thought when i started writing this Post :D

Sexy11

Jul 13, 2017
Hi all
there is a bug if you try to visit the basement of the Mansion. There is no reason really to go there, a bowl for hydromancy but nothing else. Just avoid until I post a new fix
I found a few more similar situation
1. Teacher Lounge at School -> School Hallway. I suspect the game have bug to choose Miss Tanika. I haven't meet her yet and I believe this is the scene to meet her. I can't avoid this spot has the "chalk" that I need for ritual. (Unless I use cheat of course)
2. East Ward at Hospital Ground Floor -> Should be similar issue with Teacher Lounge. This is the scene to choose nurse photo.

Also this maybe related to the East Ward issue.
When I got shot by Anita or Kurndorf ritual performed, I will be hit and gone Unconscious. Normally this will teleport me to Hospital and I will meet the nurse too. But now it will do nothing and I am stuck in endless loop

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes