anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
Are you blind? You can find it in your save folder since the Author provided it.
I can understand why people kept on asking for saves cuz there're a lot of choices that already been set in stone within the provided save. For example; you killed Dasan so Nyra permanently hates you & your only route with her is corruption, Imawyn is already set in the corruption route, etc.

I thinks a minority of people asking for saves probably don't prefer the choices Chyos made in that saves. Also I already mentioned in 1 of my post a few pages back about the 3rd choice you could make with Ihbar when you're trying to get your reputation up (which may or may not impact the game in a major way cuz Chyos didn't clarify it). Since the provided save already made you chieftan, that option is closed off permanently as well (cuz Ihbar is fuckin dead).

Last edited:

dnswd

Dec 10, 2018
as you can see here, i already finished the fight but i cannot interact with the body to recruit them. that is true for all of them.. now they're all dead without me being to recruit anyone
If I remember correctly, after talking to the baron about payment for the mercs, have to talk to the captain again at the camp fire.....or maybe just baron?

Reactions: AsmodeusX

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
Does Anyone know what's the difference between v0.4.1.0a on F95zone and v0.4.1.0b on Chyos's Patreon? :unsure: Thanks a lot! :LOL:

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
Going to wait until the whole Liandra quest gets finished. I hope we will get an update with the witches after that.
The last time i played was when the werewolf was introduced.

AsmodeusX

Jan 16, 2018
If I remember correctly, after talking to the baron about payment for the mercs, have to talk to the captain again at the camp fire.....or maybe just baron?
its also worth noting that sitting next to Lyvia at the campfire does nothing for me. it just progresses time and the quest does not update for some reason

Avoidkid

Jul 31, 2017
its also worth noting that sitting next to Lyvia at the campfire does nothing for me. it just progresses time and the quest does not update for some reason
I've been there b4. here's an answer, have you done naming your new band of mercs? if not, talk to Lyvia at campfire (directly, not at the blinking where Ilmwyn was). Let me spoiler with something, check images below.
Dialog1.PNG
Dialog2.PNG

see that "if Lyvia Progress = 21", that was after you've done talking with the baron. Then in 2nd image, with CV#596 and #597 are set, those brigands are open for recruit

Last edited:
Reactions: AsmodeusX

Avoidkid

Jul 31, 2017
Regarding my previous comment about visiting this thread next year, forget about that. But, does any of you guys have a way to move save file from older ver. to current ver.?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I can understand why people kept on asking for saves cuz there're a lot of choices that already been set in stone within the provided save. For example; you killed Dasan so Nyra permanently hates you & your only route with her is corruption, Imawyn is already set in the corruption route, etc.

I thinks a minority of people asking for saves probably don't prefer the choices Chyos made in that saves. Also I already mentioned in 1 of my post a few pages back about the 3rd choice you could make with Ihbar when you're trying to get your reputation up (which may or may not impact the game in a major way cuz Chyos didn't clarify it). Since the provided save already made you chieftan, that option is closed off permanently as well (cuz Ihbar is fuckin dead).
You've just explained why asking for other people's saves does not make sense at all. ;)

Reactions: zARRR

Avoidkid

Jul 31, 2017
It's not like I care about the consequences of those choices cuz they are revertible, for me. What I want is to continue where I left off. The last time I played, I spent 40hr in game time. If there isn't a way to move saved game, so be it, I'll just replay it again next year

Chyos

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
It's not like I care about the consequences of those choices cuz they are revertible, for me. What I want is to continue where I left off. The last time I played, I spent 40hr in game time. If there isn't a way to move saved game, so be it, I'll just replay it again next year
All you need to do is to copy the save folder from the old version's www folder into the www folder of the new version.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
You've just explained why asking for other people's saves does not make sense at all. ;)
Well yea, that too.

I'm not saying it made sense, my explanation is "why" people wants a different save (than the one already provided by Chyos).

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
All you need to do is to copy the save folder from the old version's www folder into the www folder of the new version.
Oh Chyos, while you here do you have any plans for the 3rd option (the "Anything I can do" that isn't implemented) while speaking to Ihbar during the reputation quest? I make a post about it here: https://f95zone.to/threads/a-struggle-with-sin-v0-4-1-0a-chyos.32136/post-6273310.

Basically I'm hesitating to continue the quest cuz I don't wanna missed out whatever came out of this 3rd option, I dunno whether or not it could've a major impact on the story.

Reactions: BBC King

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a way to turn the light effects off? My pc is a potato. :(
o_O No I've gone into the user interface (in-game, as you have) and there's nothing that can be changed. The dev should look at the game Peasant's Quest (tho this would be a huge pain to do) in that game you can shut the lighting effects off.

The other thing that kills memory are the effects, leaves blowing past the screen, shadows, ect. My computer is also a potato despite it being fairly new, I think it was set-up for simple use, however thats not what I use it for. I've even used laptops that were suppose to be fast, but they also ran like a potato when it came to games. I don't even want to try my tablet or phone for the same reason.

The other way to eliminate the issue would take a long time, and needs to be done manually with an art editor. And picking the right files, which I'm guessing are packaged, and not un-packed. I have done this with another game called Claire's Quest, the devs have leaves, sand, cloud effects but I edited those effects with an art program and it makes the game faster. But the files are un-packed and easy to access. And I should point out with Struggle With Sin I haven't really explored the files I just play the game as it is, and in doing so I also contemplate throwing my computer through a wall or out the window. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: mannice431

Chyos

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Oh Chyos, while you here do you have any plans for the 3rd option (the "Anything I can do" that isn't implemented) while speaking to Ihbar during the reputation quest? I make a post about it here: https://f95zone.to/threads/a-struggle-with-sin-v0-4-1-0a-chyos.32136/post-6273310.

Basically I'm hesitating to continue the quest cuz I don't wanna missed out whatever came out of this 3rd option, I dunno whether or not it could've a major impact on the story.
I've read your other post and finally decided to think about that path. Originally I had the idea to open up an alternative route where the chieftain wouldn't die. However that was before I then had the idea to make the Dasan & MC becoming chieftain route. At some point I even forgot about this dialogue branch still being there. Some patreons of course also reminded me about it from time to time. So now that I thought about it again and with the addition of Nyra which will also offer another route I have decided to forget about my original plans for Ibhar. There are enough options there already and I rather want to focus on other story aspects then a route where the chieftain would survive only to give his seat to the MC eventually.. There are more meaningfully storypaths that I want to focus on. In the build I'm currently working on I have removed this dialogue branch already.

o_O No I've gone into the user interface (in-game, as you have) and there's nothing that can be changed. The dev should look at the game Peasant's Quest (tho this would be a huge pain to do) in that game you can shut the lighting effects off.

The other thing that kills memory are the effects, leaves blowing past the screen, shadows, ect. My computer is also a potato despite it being fairly new, I think it was set-up for simple use, however thats not what I use it for. I've even used laptops that were suppose to be fast, but they also ran like a potato when it came to games. I don't even want to try my tablet or phone for the same reason.

The other way to eliminate the issue would take a long time, and needs to be done manually with an art editor. And picking the right files, which I'm guessing are packaged, and not un-packed. I have done this with another game called Claire's Quest, the devs have leaves, sand, cloud effects but I edited those effects with an art program and it makes the game faster. But the files are un-packed and easy to access. And I should point out with Struggle With Sin I haven't really explored the files I just play the game as it is, and in doing so I also contemplate throwing my computer through a wall or out the window. :ROFLMAO:
I will work on a performance mode for update 0.4.1.5

But you said it would break the game? About with the new plugin, etc. etc.
only if the save is from a version older than 0.3.9.5. In 0.3.9.5 the plugin change broke old save files. but every new saves from after that are working and can be copied over into the next version.

Does Anyone know what's the difference between v0.4.1.0a on F95zone and v0.4.1.0b on Chyos's Patreon? :unsure: Thanks a lot! :LOL:
Fixed a crash that could happen when the carriage arrives in Arenfield, Added some new dialogue fixes, fixed a bug in the Frisha/Dave route that could prevent Frisha's new scene

Last edited:

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
I've read your other post and finally decided to think about that path. Originally I had the idea to open up an alternative route where the chieftain wouldn't die. However that was before I then had the idea to make the Dasan & MC becoming chieftain route. At some point I even forgot about this dialogue branch still being there. Some patreons of course also reminded me about it from time to time. So now that I thought about it again and with the addition of Nyra which will also offer another route I have decided to forget about my original plans for Ibhar. There are enough options there already and I rather want to focus on other story aspects then a route where the chieftain would survive only to give his seat to the MC eventually.. There are more meaningfully storypaths that I want to focus on. In the build I'm currently working on I have removed this dialogue branch already.
Thanks for the clarification, I can finally move on with this part of the story without any worries.

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes