Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Are you for real?

right click ------> Item ---------> Weapon ---------> [select a sword] -------------> upgrade [sword name] >>>>> [use simple whetstone]

you can't sharpen a dagger with a whetstone because the Author decided that you can't (but John sharpened Marcus' dagger). JUST LIKE THAT.
he asked for 20 Silver as a friendship price which likly meant that he reforged the blade and sharpened it as a finish

Reactions: Ottoeight

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Are you for real?

right click ------> Item ---------> Weapon ---------> [select a sword] -------------> upgrade [sword name] >>>>> [use simple whetstone]

you can't sharpen a dagger with a whetstone because the Author decided that you can't (but John sharpened Marcus' dagger). JUST LIKE THAT.
It may be due to a bug, but this does not come up for me. There is no upgrade sword option (and I have 3 whetstones.)

Regarding the whole can you or can't you use one on a dagger debate, what can I say, chefs and butchers do it with kitchen cutlery so it doesn't seem that odd to me to use it on a dagger lol. Maybe don't use it 500x until the blade is like a toothpick, but suggesting that is absurd to even think this would be possible is what I took issue with.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It may be due to a bug, but this does not come up for me. There is no upgrade sword option (and I have 3 whetstones.)
Remember that what you can do always depends on your talent points and what you previously upgraded.

Regarding the whole can you or can't you use one on a dagger debate, what can I say, chefs and butchers do it with kitchen cutlery so it doesn't seem that odd to me to use it on a dagger lol. Maybe don't use it 500x until the blade is like a toothpick, but suggesting that is absurd to even think this would be possible is what I took issue with.
Bro, as I wrote, you can't sharpen daggers because Chyos decided that you can't. Deal with it. It is just a feature.

Tia might use a club - as you might have noticed by checking her stats - BUT she still can't because there are no clubs yet. Just an example.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Chefs wouldn't use crude and blunt whetstones but rather use compareable hightech tools that got tuned to improve sharpness on blades specifically forged in ways and with matterials that allow such administration... an old dagger (possible even mode of [Troll-]bones) wouldn't even compare to such tools

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the quest where Liandra shows up conflicts with the Queen and Monastery quests?
It has been more than three days since I spied on the Baron & Dave talking about her showing up.
At the same time, the Queen is in town and also the carriage to go to the Monastery is waiting. I just wasn't sure if I needed to do one before the other.

herobrine2k4

Mar 18, 2020
When I collect materials, there is an error that does not display the quantity and image of the materials I collected, how can I fix it?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The whole upgrade system seems bugged, yes I know how to use it, yes I've done it many times in past.... but this version like no armor comes with slots even with max forging....

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The whole upgrade system seems bugged, yes I know how to use it, yes I've done it many times in past.... but this version like no armor comes with slots even with max forging....
You guys realise that's the main risc when playing a Testversion... right?
Chyos throws bug fixes out, but he hasn't yet released the official completed Update.
Based on his latest news that's something comeing this week unless something goes terribly wrong

Reactions: wildride69

Samu Al Hydit

May 16, 2019
You guys realise that's the main risc when playing a Testversion... right?
Chyos throws bug fixes out, but he hasn't yet released the official completed Update.
Based on his latest news that's something comeing this week unless something goes terribly wrong
Hol up, the one we have here is still a test version? I thought it's only for x.x.5 versions?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hol up, the one we have here is still a test version? I thought it's only for x.x.5 versions?
Those are something along of beta Versions... Test Version is an untested Version of any release.
Chyos kept releasing Test Versions at the end of the month recently to show he is hard at work even if he missed the deadline of last friday of the month

Mormegil

Jun 10, 2017
Are you for real?

You can upgrade marcus's dagger with a whetstone.

Reactions: hoshimota

F69z.one

Feb 28, 2020
there is a bug when looking at johns window he says time to go from shop while youre outside and cant do nothing

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I dunno if this is a bug or he just made it way harder. I had to make like 4x each piece of armor before I started getting any with slots. Like... I literally made 4 studded boots, 4 studded gloves, etc. then I started getting more and more % of them with a slot.

When I last played this a few versions back, it was way easier and I was getting more than 1 slot early on, so far in current build I have only managed to craft single slots.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I dunno if this is a bug or he just made it way harder. I had to make like 4x each piece of armor before I started getting any with slots. Like... I literally made 4 studded boots, 4 studded gloves, etc. then I started getting more and more % of them with a slot.

When I last played this a few versions back, it was way easier and I was getting more than 1 slot early on, so far in current build I have only managed to craft single slots.
thank you for some info on this! I though I was going crazy!

That along with the variable types of weapon upgrades (notwithstanding the "oil" slot still remaining unfilled lol)..... can make for a messy experience.

Also some weapons now don't list their level requirements, some do. I had no idea why I couldn't use this grim sword I found during the melissa treasure hunt, turns out it had some level 42 gate or something.

Reactions: hoshimota

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
thank you for some info on this! I though I was going crazy!

That along with the variable types of weapon upgrades (notwithstanding the "oil" slot still remaining unfilled lol)..... can make for a messy experience.

Also some weapons now don't list their level requirements, some do. I had no idea why I couldn't use this grim sword I found during the melissa treasure hunt, turns out it had some level 42 gate or something.
I think he has done a lot of tweaking stuff since the last full run I did some versions back. The goblins in the iron mine are also way easier IMO, when I did this last run they were turning me out like a $3 hooker... Now I can wipe the floor with them at like level 12 or 13, and with no companion helping me fight them. (Also, not sure if I'm crazy but the silver weapons seem extra effective against goblin scum. This is not universal though. The bronze blade is better against orcs so far, for example it gives the "weak" buff against the orc girls that want you to fuck them after you win, whereas the silver weapons never seem to.)

SinisterJoker

Oct 14, 2019
So, I've finished everything after I started a new gameplayed, therefore I've updated my

ASwS Supplementary notes to the official walkthrough

here you are:

ASwS Supplementary notes to the official walkthrough

So, I'm going to share a few supplementary notes to the walkthrough (what's not written in it):

1) the cheatbook IS on your table in your house since the very beginning - grab it when you grab your bow;

2) your alignment goes down from 50 to 49 at the end of the Intro - I guess it happens when you help Kate and give her ring back.

How to raise your alignment (more corruption): +1 if steal a log after midnight; +1 if you steal a bottle of wine.
Moreover, when you cut wood with Tia: if Tia's corruption is 0 and you try removing her clothes, she will knock you down and your corruption will rise (+1 alignment).

3) you'd better ask Frisha and learn sewing as soon as you get your home back: craft anything you can and equip because they're very useful items.

Emily's quest - FIRST rescue mission:
- if you need money, every morning Mira will give you the money she collects for the ransom; first time she gave me 20 silver coins, then I went to rescue Emily;
- enter the shed - if you kill the bandit +1 alignment, if you don't kill him -1 alignment. There are 5 gold coins (if I remember well) in the chest under the bed;
- after you find the camp, go back to Lyvia and tell her: she will give you 3 gold coins. Now, get back to the camp and wait for the night.

Tia's quest:
Time to settle down in Rumah:
- if you give cumwine to Hiba, +1 alignment;
- you can't "buy" ropes using the cheatbook, therefore buy a lot of ropes from Lucius before finding the old chieftain inside the well and triggering the first "orc war" - you need a lot of wood, nails, ropes, wine, copper bars.
- when you learn to cook in Tia's quest: Penny can teach you how to cook a vegetable stew, too.

Lyvia's quest:
- bandit camp, after you rescue Lyvia: pick up panflute and shovel;
- garrison's barracks: if you steal money, +1 alignment.
- camp: if you give her cumwine, +1 alignment.
- by defeating The Raven: Blacktooth sword

John's quest - the mine:
- if you bury the dead soldier outside mine: -1 alignment
- after you sent your mercenaries: if you are with Lyvia and you order to burn the dead corpses Lyvia's affection will rise;
- you will find a jade in a chest in the mine.
- if Lyvia is with you when you make burn the soldiers' corpses in the mine Lyvia's affection points will raise.

Raaisha's quest while searching for Orcs' village:
- if you find out Dasaan's tent and kill him: if you bury him, then alignment -5.

Rumah Village: Umah quest
- by defeating Umah's father you get: the Chieftain's axe
- after you build Umah's tent: when you talk to Umin and you ask for a new bow he will answer you that you have to build a workshop for him and a storage building in the clearing.
So build them: Umin will make weapons in the workshop and you will store 40 wood/food/and so on.
- Umin will be able to make a powerful new bow for you, but he will need 4 intestines of a plague fiend. Mind you: you can't have them using the cheatbook, so you must kill the plague fiends and collect them!

Corven's quest:
- Corven will teach you PIN SHOT fighting technique when you reach 7 talent points in hunting.
- Corven will teach you POISONED ARROW when you reach talent 9 in hunting;
- Corven will teach you DOUBLE SHOT when you reach talent 10 in hunting.

Liandra's quest:
- when you steal soap: alignment +1

Melissa's quest:
- what you find in the chests (except maps): Gritwail sword, Aldric's pouldron (armor), Gromthul's Betrayal dagger (after a while!!), ebonite, resin - talk to John, then Lucius to start making ebonite weapons and armor
- by killing Aldric you get: ebonite sword, ebonite helmet, ebonite chest armor

Anya's quest:
- by defeating Hekima: Hekima's sword
- if you give her cumwine, +1 alignment.

Mira's quest:
- if you want to solve the monastery mystery without arresting an innocent and succeeding in performing the ritual you have to read Heather's letter to her mom, then read Matthias' letter in your room, then finally confronting Heather before accusing anyone, therefore you must have sex with Bridget after the ritual.
- when you defeat Syfa during the monastery ritual you get: Love's bond dagger
Agatha's and Bridget's sub-quest:
- you need to steal Agatha's diary in her room at night when she sleeps.
Church sub-quest:
- you find shadow jewels, jade and tennlooite gemstones in the purple chests under the church: you need shadow jewels to craft shadowstone weapons. You can get demon key (to open these chests) by feeding the cat.

Hidden bonus enemies and events:

4th month (april): easter eggs - 20 eggs you get fairies helmet, boots, gloves and items

In october (10th month) you will see pumpkins everywhere. Go to the swamp, enter the cave - in NE corner you will find a strange pumpkin.
Touch it and you will fight The Ancient One (lvl 48!!) and 2 plague fiends (lvl 26): so be prepared and come with Lyvia and Tia.
Kill 'em all: you will gain 16000 xp points + spoils. Touch the Ancient One's corpse and you will get Vexx's Ring: equip it as an accessory.

In december (12th month) at Forest Ruins you'll find a Xmas tree near the pond. You need to be with Tia: she will cut it down (you'll get elderwood and potions). The Krampus will appear: it's lvl 57, so be there with Lyvia too!! Kill it and you will get 6000 xp points + spoils + Winter's Axe (for Tia, of course) + a parchment (a message from Chyos).

In december (12th month) cut down a fir tree and take it with you. At home, place near the fireplace when Athia is in the kitchen - it will trigger a dialogue (give Athia the money for the decoration). After 2 days touch the tree and sit down and relax: you will trigger a bonus scene with Athia.

In december (12th month) visit Kate at midnight: she will do a winterhowl dance for you.

In december (12th month), Winterhowl in Rumah: check the walkthrough.

When you learn to cook in Tia's quest: Penny can teach you how to cook a vegetable stew, too.

When you mine you might find whetstones, too: use them to upgrade swords.

Feed and pet the cat to get free bonus items.

for the

4th month (april): easter eggs - 20 eggs you get fairies helmet, boots, gloves and items
i got the 20 eggs and nothing happend i thought i had to eat them and nothing got 20 more what do i do to get the items
also it is
day 22
month April
year 1

Reactions: smackshock

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
for the

i got the 20 eggs and nothing happend i thought i had to eat them and nothing got 20 more what do i do to get the items
also it is
day 22
month April
year 1
Visit the Easter shrine in the wooden area north east of Arenfield.

Reactions: SinisterJoker
4.60 star(s) 134 Votes