battle_user_hp
battle_user_mp

enemy:
battle_enemy_hp
battle_enemy_mp

set battle_enemy_hp=1 and attack for an instant win

Abarian

Jun 20, 2019
Can't start 2 event with Chloe, hint says "watch TV in living room" (Tori - end of content, Jen - end of content) tried two week and get nothing, only random events with Tori

Reactions: Jacoca

Deleted member 4390099

Compressor
Nov 22, 2021
Hotfix for v1.1 will be uploaded soon.

- changed difficulties for 3 battles (Ms. Jackson's first battle, beach battle, and park)
- First promotion event bug fixed
- Livingroom watch TV bug fixed

All other bugs reported other than the above bugs are from using old save, and we are currently working on save-compatible issue. We hope to solve this as soon as we can and it's on our priority list now.

We fixed difficulties of few battles but the balance needs some tweaks after we test-play it more and hear from you more as well.

Regarding the strategic element, we've originally planned to give one skill slot for user to designate a skill but will increase it to three slots. (so 3 of 6 slot when everything's unlocked) Other than that we're currently looking into more ideas.
Our original plan on the element consist of designated skill slot and certain skill types and traits to counter different types of opponents but we're open to make changes or add more to this.

And, thanks for all your feedback and opinion.

p.s. next 2, 3 updates will not only add more contents but will give means to certain problems public version has had such as money to buy cars. (which unlocks attractiveness skill, access to car-sex event and mountain area)
where is it?

Reactions: Hotelhero78

Bock241

Nov 23, 2017
ERROR after talking to Chloe in the Kitchen during weekends (for 5.Event)

Can anyone help me please?

ERROR:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/story/family/f2_story.rpy", line 1124, in script call
$ people_skill_plus(200)
File "game/perk.rpy", line 334, in script call
call skill_enhance_label(what_skill = user_defense_skill_1, defense = 10, webm = "images/battle/user_skill/defend_1_2.webm") from _call_skill_enhance_label_3
File "game/perk.rpy", line 209, in script
"Your [what_skill.name] skill gives [defense_hp] defense more."
KeyError: u'defense_hp'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/story/family/f2_story.rpy", line 1124, in script call
$ people_skill_plus(200)
File "game/perk.rpy", line 334, in script call
call skill_enhance_label(what_skill = user_defense_skill_1, defense = 10, webm = "images/battle/user_skill/defend_1_2.webm") from _call_skill_enhance_label_3
File "game/perk.rpy", line 209, in script
"Your [what_skill.name] skill gives [defense_hp] defense more."
File "renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1236, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1155, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "renpy/character.py", line 1135, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'defense_hp'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.1
Sun Mar 6 17:34:59 2022
```

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
ms jackson still impossible in 1.1

let's go by parts
1 if MS Jackson has the same level as you, he shouldn't have more life and mana than the protagonist (but that's the least of it)

2 his withering attack that deals 50 damage and can do multiple times is exaggerated at most his damage should be capped at 30 or make him consume a lot more mana bar so he can't use it 2 or even THREE times in a row

3 what is the use of the "can't attack" ability if she can launch an attack that damages you 2 turns in a row and is unblockable?

4 the protagonist's attacks are a botch the basic attack should not spend more than 5 pm and the powerful 15 not 25 that is a lot of magic consumption for the little damage they cause

5 an attack that consumes MORE mana than the damage it causes on average is a completely useless attack and if we add the opponent's defense to it, spending 25 precious mana points to do 6 damage points on average or even ZERO to the opponent when he has 150 life is frustrating

6 or 1 of 2 or you increase the damage of special attacks or lower the mana cost of little use attacking an enemy with 150 life with attacks of 22 damage on average (and that's if you don't put defense) and that when you have
cast 3 and you have practically run out of magic and at most you have been able to remove an average of 60 damage points (and that with GREAT LUCK)

7 if your basic attack averages 15 and Ms J defense protects 15 (stackable to +15 for each time it is cast) basically you are forcing the player to spend a turn an attack and the corresponding mana consumption to do 0 damage that's a huge mistake

8 the list of attacks/skills should NEVER be totally random because that prevents you from making any type of strategy since you totally depend on luck to fight

9 the defense cant be acumulative at least in the enemies if you have the bad luck that defense is thrown 2 times in a row we have an enemy with defense 30 when your maximum damage is 30 points which makes you end up spending mana and attacks for nothing

NOTHING of random abilities kills any game strategy

Dude! Thanks for such a detailed feedback!

While I don't agree to some of the points you've raised to be honest, I do agree to many things you've mentioned.

I'll make it brief not to waste anyone's time.
(Belows are our views on the battle for now, it may change as we are still on a process of getting feedback and reflecting them)

1) We planned to make battles easier (at least most of them) as story progresses, by gaining and enhancing stats, traits, and skills.

2) The MC's skills will consume less mp(mana) and deal more damage, and etc. while new trait and enhanced stat will give a feel that MC is really becoming more powerful.

3) But, still, the difficulties of the early battles are too drastic for many people that we are to adjust them more.

4) And, we'll be more cautious with bottleneck as we don't want people to feel that the system forces users to use cheat (either with console cheat or patreon cheat)

5) We still kinda hesitate on giving up whole random aspect (as we think it will make more various situations to the battles), but we agree that it needs more strategic feel to it that we decided to add more fixed slot in the deck (eventually 3 out of 6 slots will be fixed)

6) As there will be more enemies with different traits, skill-sets, and stats, while User can choose their skills and traits before the battle, it might be enough for the strategic fun but that's merely our hope for now..

Once again, these aren't our final decision but how we're taking it so far.

Anyways, Morkar, your detailed feedback really helps us a lot that we really want to say thank you again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News on save-compatible issue:

We've had some important progress (lots of thanks to those developers who shared their experience on the board - we took much time to read them all thoroughly) that it is highly likely that we'd be able to add them in April or May.

Currently, I say it's at least 85% done as we've check it working well with all the previous story progresses and acquired skills, stats, and money.
Our next step is to check it again once we add our new contents for the March update.

As we'll be revisiting some of our old contents in April or May (very early contents of Tori and Cherry) which is most definitely going to break any saves, we will have the update for the month relaunching the whole game and make the old saves compatible to new versions beginning from the update. (of course we'll keep on adding new contents as well)

Those early contents have many problems as we were flat-newbs back then and were rushing things way fast that choice of videos and pictures were way below par (both in terms of coherence and quality), script quality well below average, and so on.
We'll be fixing those problems and add sound effects and BGM to them as well. It is highly likely that renewal of talk command will also be carried out, too.

In short, things are going great and we expect the game to be save-compatible by April or May update when we renew the old contents.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Kevinyip93

Jul 10, 2018
Dude! Thanks for such a detailed feedback!

While I don't agree to some of the points you've raised to be honest, I do agree to many things you've mentioned.

I'll make it brief not to waste anyone's time.
(Belows are our views on the battle for now, it may change as we are still on a process of getting feedback and reflecting them)

1) We planned to make battles easier (at least most of them) as story progresses, by gaining and enhancing stats, traits, and skills.

2) The MC's skills will consume less mp(mana) and deal more damage, and etc. while new trait and enhanced stat will give a feel that MC is really becoming more powerful.

3) But, still, the difficulties of the early battles are too drastic for many people that we are to adjust them more.

4) And, we'll be more cautious with bottleneck as we don't want people to feel that the system forces users to use cheat (either with console cheat or patreon cheat)

5) We still kinda hesitate on giving up whole random aspect (as we think it will make more various situations to the battles), but we agree that it needs more strategic feel to it that we decided to add more fixed slot in the deck (eventually 3 out of 6 slots will be fixed)

6) As there will be more enemies with different traits, skill-sets, and stats, while User can choose their skills and traits before the battle, it might be enough for the strategic fun but that's merely our hope for now..

Once again, these aren't our final decision but how we're taking it so far.

Anyways, Morkar, your detailed feedback really helps us a lot that we really want to say thank you again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News on save-compatible issue:

We've had some important progress (lots of thanks to those developers who shared their experience on the board - we took much time to read them all thoroughly) that it is highly likely that we'd be able to add them in April or May.

Currently, I say it's at least 85% done as we've check it working well with all the previous story progresses and acquired skills, stats, and money.
Our next step is to check it again once we add our new contents for the March update.

As we'll be revisiting some of our old contents in April or May (very early contents of Tori and Cherry) which is most definitely going to break any saves, we will have the update for the month relaunching the whole game and make the old saves compatible to new versions beginning from the update. (of course we'll keep on adding new contents as well)

Those early contents have many problems as we were flat-newbs back then and were rushing things way fast that choice of videos and pictures were way below par (both in terms of coherence and quality), script quality well below average, and so on.
We'll be fixing those problems and add sound effects and BGM to them as well. It is highly likely that renewal of talk command will also be carried out, too.

In short, things are going great and we expect the game to be save-compatible by April or May update when we renew the old contents.
Thank you.
please, at least let us choose what skill we want to use!! So many times I was about to win the battle, but due to the 'bad luck', I didn't got the attack skill from the skill draw, the next thing I know, she regain the mana to heal, then I lost the battle.

Reactions: Mymy

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
I am trying to buy sports wear.

While running game code:
File "game/map.rpy", line 663, in script call
$ act_manage(2 + vehicle_time, -2 + vehicle_energy, place = "acre")
File "game/map.rpy", line 6183, in script call
" "
" "
ScriptError: could not find label 'strength_perk_sec_success'.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
" "
" "
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'strength_perk_sec_success'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City_hotfix 1.1
Fri Mar 18 17:16:08 2022

Reactions: Deadpool76 and Mymy

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
I just started this, game tells me Intelligence is gotten by studying in the library.
Studying in the library seems to not be doing anything.
???

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Who is Ms Jackson and why is she attacking me in the sister's room? All this does is lead to a weird battle and then the game stops responding. Also meeting Tori in the park leads to an error, hanging out with Jen and Tori on the couch leads to an error too. If you click on profile and the book button next to the stats it also leads to an error.

Reactions: elmandor and Mymy

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Who is Ms Jackson and why is she attacking me in the sister's room? All this does is lead to a weird battle and then the game stops responding. Also meeting Tori in the park leads to an error, hanging out with Jen and Tori on the couch leads to an error too. If you click on profile and the book button next to the stats it also leads to an error.

That's so weird. We've never had any report like that from the version for a month..

Could you give us more details on the errors?

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Thanks to you, we just found one little problem with our coding. (Chloe's room battle bug)
It's not gaming breaking but we'll post a fix as soon as we get our new update done within few hours.

Other than the above bug, it's all old-save problem. You need to start the new game.
Use save-update in the cheat panel to jump to the point where you get to see the new contents.
It has been open to public for more than 6 months.

Save-compatible issue has been dealt with for last 2 months, and I think it's safe to say that it will be implemented within v1.4 or 1.5 (so within a month or two)

Thanks for the report. Hope you have a good day.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks to you, we just found one little problem with our coding. (Chloe's room battle bug)
It's not gaming breaking but we'll post a fix as soon as we get our new update done within few hours.

Other than the above bug, it's all old-save problem. You need to start the new game.
Use save-update in the cheat panel to jump to the point where you get to see the new contents.
It has been open to public for more than 6 months.

Save-compatible issue has been dealt with for last 2 months, and I think it's safe to say that it will be implemented within v1.4 or 1.5 (so within a month or two)

Thanks for the report. Hope you have a good day.
I get the same errors as him when starting from a new save.
Error from joining Tori and Jen in Late Evening

While running game code:
File "game/story/map/Street_A/myhome.rpy", line 1314, in script
if f1_status.relationship < 100 and perk_peopleskill_1 == True:
File "game/story/map/Street_A/myhome.rpy", line 1314, in <module>
NameError: name 'perk_peopleskill_1' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/story/map/Street_A/myhome.rpy", line 1314, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/story/map/Street_A/myhome.rpy", line 1314, in <module>
NameError: name 'perk_peopleskill_1' is not defined
Also, seriously, how are you supposed to train intelligence?
Seems you can't get intelligence on day 1...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mymy

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
I get the same errors as him when starting from a new save.
Error from joining Tori and Jen in Late Evening

Also, seriously, how are you supposed to train intelligence?
Thanks for the report we've just located the error (perk-related error)
We'll get it fixed with the Chloe room bug.

- Regarding intelligence training:
I think it's because you've reached the cap for the intelligence attribute. You'll get to increase the cap as you play through the story.

Tip.
1st cap increase: Cherry prologue - automatically runs on first Wednesday. (Increase cap to 49)

2nd cap increase: Kimmy's 5th event (cap to 74)

3rd cap increase: Chloe's 5th event (cap to 99)

4th cap increase: Company 11th event (cap to 124)

urbanvoid

Jun 26, 2018
Trying to talk to the receptionist i get this in a loop.

[code]

While running game code:
File "game/map.rpy", line 956, in script call
' '
File "game/story/company/company_story.rpy", line 4444, in script
$ present_enemy = june_unique_enemy_1_type_1.enemy[0]
File "game/story/company/company_story.rpy", line 4444, in <module>
NameError: name 'june_unique_enemy_1_type_1' is not defined

Full traceback:
' '
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.2
Sun Mar 27 03:54:10 2022
[/code]

Beach battle also throws constant errors at me.

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Trying to talk to the receptionist i get this in a loop.

[code]

While running game code:
' '

Full traceback:
' '
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.2
Sun Mar 27 03:54:10 2022
[/code]

Beach battle also throws constant errors at me.
We've just checked the errors.
These are old save problem.

Use start new game and use save-update in the cheat panel if you want to skip to new contents.
And, yes. you can use it with public version. It has been that way since last August.

Within a month or two, save-compatible issue will be resolved so that it won't require to start new game and use save update with every update.

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes