Unreal Engine Abandoned A Tale Your Tale [v0.2.2] [J&E Productions]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Xidnet

Mar 18, 2019
So if i am correct this would be the standard renpy vn but with UE and in realtime?
Sounds nice but the sprites suck... see what i did there

Sep 1, 2017
Alright, I'll give some constructive criticism. I'll judge this from a demo/proof of concept standpoint, as its clear this is a beginning build. It runs fine for me with all settings at its highest (Note: I have a RTX 2080 and a Ryzen 7 2700X so there isn't too much out there for me that can't be run so results may vary).

Characters: They are pretty bland, they remind me of the characters from LifePlay. With tweaking and extra attention to the models, I'm sure they can look pretty good. What bothered me the most was the hair. Each character's hair is a bit jarring but like I said, it would take some tweaks to make them look better.

Animations: Not many but overall the ones available aren't bad (the sex ones). I would suggest working on implementing multiple positions that can be used in each encounter as well as a speed button. It would cool to see a system implemented like how Koikatu does when the faster or slower it goes, the animation changes slightly to be more realistic. <-- I know that's a tall order but it would be cool to see on day. One thing I would suggest highly is a POV button to give the player freedom with how they want to view the scene. Other animations are pretty general though I did notice that the characters teleport to their next spot, not walk to it so I would work on trying to implement that into the gameplay as well. Once exception is how the player character walks. It kind of reminds me of so I'd work on tweaking that as well.

Setting: Looks like a general house from Daz. I would work on first making the interior more detailed. Make objects like sinks, showers, toilets, tvs, even furniture accessible and interactive. Once the interior is detailed, I would work on creating an immediate outside, backyard, pool, patio, garage, shed, etc. From there I'm not sure what your plans are, but I imagine it'll eventually include places outside of the house like shops and offices. I'd take it one at a time and add as much as you can before moving on.

Plot: There is no plot. That's fine since this comes off as more of a proof of concept than anything else. I think we all know where the plot will go with this one. I'm not necessarily complaining but it is nice to have a unique plot once in a while. It'll be interesting to see where it'll go.

I'll give it a 4/5 judging it from a demo/proof of concept point of view. I'll keep tabs on it as I enjoy 3d games. I hope to see improvements in the future as I think it can going somewhere.

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
Good demo. Improve the house and the animations. Give it a proper gui and good corruption/lewdness progression and you got a solid game to start with ;)!. Character models look good, i would just tweek the "landlady" a bit, a more sweet mother but seductive figure.

Reactions: Easy Pete

Easy Pete

DYNAMITE <3 GIRL DICK<3 DOGS <3
Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Seems pretty nice, might keep an eye out for this, not many games like it, the demo was just that a demo but pretty good, also pls no man bun on MC

bufameti

May 12, 2018
I have a good feeling about this game.
I don't normally play demos, i usually wait until 1.0 or 1.5 but i might have to download and test this game out as it looks good from the screenshots.

Also great guide, a suggestion would be to name it A Tale Your Tale Guide or A Tale Your Tale Game Guide or just leave it it's up to you.
Thanks bro. I will do that.

Reactions: ReconLegend

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I made this game with assets from Daz, renderosity, renderotica.
why you dont use DAz ?
i guess you more better with Blender, but i m not sure if blender is not more hungry for your CPU than DAz in 3delight :/

may give a try and check if you can. imho, if you good with blender, you can definitly tame DAz... blender is a hell of a UI for sure , not the most amateur friendly program XD

bufameti

May 12, 2018
Not a bad start, could build into a harem / Sado type game to introduce various "actions" a little rough on the movement of the MC but once engaged. Keep Going! Good Start!
Thanks man, The game will not only be this, I want to do much more.

bufameti

May 12, 2018
why you dont use DAz ?
i guess you more better with Blender, but i m not sure if blender is not more hungry for your CPU than DAz in 3delight :/

may give a try and check if you can. imho, if you good with blender, you can definitly tame DAz... blender is a hell of a UI for sure , not the most amateur friendly program XD
I am using Daz3d for the characters, I think when I export to Unreal some properties of the materials are lost, I am seeing how to improve the quality of the characters and the hair.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I am using Daz3d for the characters, I think when I export to Unreal some properties of the materials are lost, I am seeing how to improve the quality of the characters and the hair.
well i cant help at all.. i know nothing about UE.
but i know that when DAZ export to others engine, sometime it dont work nice with light and alpha.

but well, i have no idea how to help :/

maybe extract DAz model into another engine, just to check, maybe you find the problem...

bufameti

May 12, 2018
why you guys need harem in every game I don't understand...
I have followed the example of the games I have played, maybe it is not the right thing, but everything can change. The game is not just about having sex and sex, I want to create a good story.

bufameti

May 12, 2018
well i cant help at all.. i know nothing about UE.
but i know that when DAZ export to others engine, sometime it dont work nice with light and alpha.

but well, i have no idea how to help :/

maybe extract DAz model into another engine, just to check, maybe you find the problem...
In the marketplace of epic games, there is a plugin that helps transfer assets from Daz Studio to the Unreal Engine, and with the sample images you can notice the difference, but right now I can't afford to buy it XD.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
A woman with 2 daughters .... something original at last.
sure... if it's your first visit on the internet...
shitty incest hiding... yup

12yo MC.... yup

no other men..... yup

2 daughters/fake sisters..... yup

1 "landlady"/mother... yup

yoga scene.... yup

creep at night..... yup

yeah.. that's already 7 points for me to NOT play the game... i just pass.
you are just scared of a new competitor for wierdest game ever made

bufameti

May 12, 2018
I just want to tell you that I accept any kind of opinion, what you liked it, what you didn't like it, so I can know what things to improve, what things to change.

I appreciate all your comments, I already have in mind some things to change to improve them.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes