matsc

Aug 6, 2016
I'm getting an error whenever I try to go back home.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scenes/myhouse/hallway/night/main/myhallway_night.rpy", line 7, in script
Exception: Possible infinite loop.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
ATownUncovered Alpha_0.11b

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?
Looking at the code, it should work on any day other than Tuesday. Tuesdays are when the laws of reality in the house have their day off, and it gets a bit non-euclidean up in there.

You can get around it in the short term by porting directly to your bed room, and avoiding the other parts of the house that night.

(Basically it looks like he mixed up the "day of the week" counter with the "first day of the game" counter, hence the code getting a bit mangled)

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
If you want to fix the code so it DOESNT break down once a week, you can modify the rpy a bit.

The file is "myhallway_night.rpy" in \game\scenes\myhouse\hallway\night\main (as usual, requires unpacked game).

Look at lines 8 and 15
Replace "jump lbl_myhallway_night_setup" with "jump lbl_myhallway_night"

So the first 15 lines of final code should look like this:
Code:
if day == 1:
            jump lbl_myhallway
        else:
            scene bg myhallway_night
            pov "{i}Hmm.. it sounds like the TV is on in the living room.{/i}"
            jump lbl_myhallway_night
    elif (15 <= main_story <= 27 or main_story >= 35) and mum_path == 4:
        if day == 1:
            jump lbl_myhallway_night

Reactions: muttdoggy

hi2me2k16

Feb 5, 2017
infinite loop is destroying the game..
idk what they uploaded by considering it fix :oops::FeelsBadMan::noexpression:

Jul 9, 2017
If you want to fix the code so it DOESNT break down once a week, you can modify the rpy a bit.

The file is "myhallway_night.rpy" in \game\scenes\myhouse\hallway\night\main (as usual, requires unpacked game).

Look at lines 8 and 15
Replace "jump lbl_myhallway_night_setup" with "jump lbl_myhallway_night"

So the first 15 lines of final code should look like this:
Code:
if day == 1:
            jump lbl_myhallway
        else:
            scene bg myhallway_night
            pov "{i}Hmm.. it sounds like the TV is on in the living room.{/i}"
            jump lbl_myhallway_night
    elif (15 <= main_story <= 27 or main_story >= 35) and mum_path == 4:
        if day == 1:
            jump lbl_myhallway_night
What do you mean by "unpacked game"?

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
So I run the extraction on archive.rpa, then move all the files into the games folder? Do I need to delete anything or is that it?
You would remove the archive.rpa file from the game folder once you place the unpacked files in there. So at the end, the Game folder would look like this:

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
I just played through the mom homerun sequence and I can't help but to be disappointed by the lack of build up and resistance on the part of the mom. I feel as though the dinner night should have ended with just a bj. Then a build up should happen between the mc and mom. It doesn't make sense that she is willing to do everything just because of one dinner date. Where's the mom's resistance.
there was a build up. "build .10c" was his name. Sadly a month passed and who plays the game today doesn't feel the build up anymore

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Also, I wanna ask, is it incredibly "laggy" for anyone else? I've been following this for a while, but a I just remembered asking about it now. I'm surprised a renpy game can run this bad.
Yes. There is noticeable lag for me in multiple instances that was not present before.
I also ran into a bug where after awhile (it didn't happen at the beginning), the sex scenes were in turbo overdrive as if I was holding down the skip key, but I wasn't. Ruined the new sex scene, which was the whole point of me playing it. Guess I'm going back to waiting on this one. I had skipped last month, but decided to jump in again because of what was added. I should've kept waiting.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Yes. There is noticeable lag for me in multiple instances that was not present before.
I also ran into a bug where after awhile (it didn't happen at the beginning), the sex scenes were in turbo overdrive as if I was holding down the skip key, but I wasn't. Ruined the new sex scene, which was the whole point of me playing it. Guess I'm going back to waiting on this one. I had skipped last month, but decided to jump in again because of what was added. I should've kept waiting.
Its another change to the code for that scene. In most of the scenes, he puts in a 1 second count between frames. Glacially slow, granted, but one can speed up if one wishes.

In the new scene, there is a 0.1 second count between frames. Closer to "real" animation, but the frames are much further apart than a tenth of a second should dictate, so we get the amusingly frantic motions you saw.

Reactions: Dangbabaloos

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Not working neither. Skiped 20 times still no triggered the event.

Can anyone share a save?
Skip meeting her in the afternoon then go to the living room the same night. That should be what triggers it.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Brother, you know how to hack money ?? i am stuck with no money for antivirus CD ,and that job thing is not at all working,the girl keeps saying you can start from tomorrow but that tomm. never comes.
If you're playing 11a, you're out of luck, its broken in that one. If you're playing 11b then you need to visit the Front (outside) of the house, then move into the kitchen (during the morning) to start the conversation with Mom.

A.J.

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Bugfix > v0.11c

Alpha 0.11c
+Added Music During When going to the kitchen for the first time in the morning
+Added ability to replay Mom's H-scene in the bedroom
+Fixed Infinite Loop happening in the hallway and livingroom on a Tuesday
+Fixed Infinite Loop happening in the bedroom in the morning after talking to mom after cuddle scene
+Fixed Error with Mall Navigation
+Fixed Town Roaming Music so it loops correctly
+Fixed bug during chat with sister about borrowing money involving the luck skill
+Fixed Endless loop with Lillian in the Gloryhole scene at the beach
-Choices with longer lengths will go over the choice frame
-Sister Art or Sprites not present when talking to her in her room at night
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alice Bunny

Aug 15, 2017
now that i have gotten all the way through the whole game and all the sides i would say this is my fav game on here 10/10 would sit again :)

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes