muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Updated OP to 11b.. Near time for me to head out and no time to reup. :(

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
That's how cluttered his code is. I tried poking through the script files once and, for the love of me, couldn't understand shit.

Its very.... logical. Scenes are descriptively labeled, and ordered appropriately. The tricky bit is the game is spread across 30+ folders each with a tiny little rpy file for each room and and scenario.

BUT I get the logic behind it. Need to add a scene to a room, you only need to worry about the code in that room. But linking variables and calls while moving between rooms is where it gets a little messy. The most recurrent issue I've seen in this release is missing a numbering call on a scene label.

Sort of akin to organizing your room to make everything easier to find in the future, then fumbling around because everything has moved from where you were used to it being. Better in the long run, but a bitch of a headache in the birthing.

Reactions: aethre

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Sort of akin to organizing your room to make everything easier to find in the future, then fumbling around because everything has moved from where you were used to it being.
That was how I felt reading through it. I did it mostly for learning purposes, as I'm still trying to get used to ren'py coding. So yeah... Maybe I got lost because of that...

I shouldn't had blamed their coding ability, I'm sorry.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
That was how I felt reading through it. I did it mostly for learning purposes, as I'm still trying to get used to ren'py coding. So yeah... Maybe I got lost because of that...

I shouldn't had blamed their coding ability, I'm sorry.
Oh its far from the best I've ever scene, and it has some serious issues because of its organizational method (the laggyness, for example). But after taking a shovel to the mess that is "Family Life (Perestrelo)" my threshold for "bad code" has softened somewhat.

Seriously I still have nightmares about trying to route the variables necessary to proc a scene in that game. The nesting.... the nesting.... (shudder)

Reactions: aethre

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
Only bugg in 0.11b how is anoying is in mall wheen you buy something dont click back cuz gone crash but click on minimap to go out and repeat the same procedure to avoid crash to complete all mom side story work on icescream shop 2 shift to win 90 dollar and stop when you gone make 1500 dollars then continue side story with mom to buy antivirus.smart box tv. Small teddy bear.500 dollars for the coustume dinner with mom and 500 dollars bill to pay in restorant thats why 1500 dollars is right amount of the money you need to finish all.about hitomi on beach even if her apear is not a big deal if you finish or no cuz are no sex scenes the same is with the teacher and sister only some chit chat anoying.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Only bugg in 0.11b how is anoying is in mall wheen you buy something dont click back cuz gone crash but click on minimap to go out and repeat the same procedure to avoid crash to complete all mom side story work on icescream shop 2 shift to win 90 dollar and stop when you gone make 1500 dollars then continue side story with mom to buy antivirus.smart box tv. Small teddy bear.500 dollars for the coustume dinner with mom and 500 dollars bill to pay in restorant thats why 1500 dollars is right amount of the money you need to finish all.about hitomi on beach even if her apear is not a big deal if you finish or no cuz are no sex scenes the same is with the teacher and sister only some chit chat anoying.

The mall bug can be fixed if you feel like unpacking and mucking about in the code. The file is in \game\scenes\mall\retailstore\day\main . It is "retailstore_day.rpy", line 20.

Replace the line:
Code:
   imagebutton auto "btn retailstore_day_exit_%s" xpos 0 ypos 0 focus_mask True action Jump("lbl_mall_day_setup_1")
With the following:
Code:
imagebutton auto "btn retailstore_day_exit_%s" xpos 0 ypos 0 focus_mask True action Jump("lbl_mall_day_setup")
Its the "_1" that causes the error.

Hikkes

Aug 28, 2016
I got pass most of errors by saving the game and reload it from version .10c and then back to 11a. Nothing much after homerun with the mother.

PauCSGO

Jun 5, 2017
Hey guys, i have an error when im going to house at night at the second day, when i click on the corridor (to visit the sister) i have a infinite loop bug it breaks the game. Im playing on 0.11b version. Please, i need help D:

Reactions: Aspirina27

px305

May 6, 2017
Im sutck at "Meet mom for Mother-Son time before the evening", I meeted her like 50 times and the story doesnt advance, neither effie sends me the message.

Anyone?

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Don't meet her and then you'll advance the story and get in a brawl with dickhead daddy.

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
I just played through the mom homerun sequence and I can't help but to be disappointed by the lack of build up and resistance on the part of the mom. I feel as though the dinner night should have ended with just a bj. Then a build up should happen between the mc and mom. It doesn't make sense that she is willing to do everything just because of one dinner date. Where's the mom's resistance.
exactly, so far its had a good build up but this felt like they jumped quite a few steps. blowjob sure but straight up sex, no.

Reactions: Pollolicious

Asr127

Aug 5, 2016
I'm getting an error whenever I try to go back home.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scenes/myhouse/hallway/night/main/myhallway_night.rpy", line 7, in script
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\.........\Desktop\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.11b-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\............\Desktop\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.11b-win\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\...........\Desktop\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.11b-win\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\...........\Desktop\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.11b-win\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/scenes/myhouse/hallway/night/main/myhallway_night.rpy", line 7, in script
File "C:\Users\.........\Desktop\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.11b-win\renpy\execution.py", line 56, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
ATownUncovered Alpha_0.11b

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes