4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KibaLarnia

Nov 26, 2017
It's a visual Novel, not a game. I expected a game, thats why i was disapointed. The story is ok and you could make some nasty smud game from the given story, with not to much effort.

If you crave for a Steak, order it and expect some tasty Meat and get instead Pizza. You'll still be disapointed, no matter how good it is.

->Brand your Stuff properly. Posting it in the Games Section is missleading...

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
It's a visual Novel, not a game. I expected a game, thats why i was disapointed. The story is ok and you could make some nasty smud game from the given story, with not to much effort.

If you crave for a Steak, order it and expect some tasty Meat and get instead Pizza. You'll still be disapointed, no matter how good it is.

Its not misleading at all actually, its clearly tagged as a kinetic novel. learn to read the tags before playing a game if you want to avoid disappointment.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

If you are in a pizzaria and steak is not even on the menu, it is illogical to claim to be disappointed when you don't get one.

The forum rules clearly indicate that VNs go on this forum. Look at the other forum titles and you'll see clearly why this is the only forum suitable for VNs.

KibaLarnia

Nov 26, 2017
Its not misleading at all actually, its clearly tagged as a kinetic novel. learn to read the tags before playing a game if you want to avoid disappointment.
This is posted in the Games Section. Main Tags are HTML and Complete.

What i wrote was not meant offensive. Just as constructive Feedback.

I think it's clear that most people have a different expectency from a "Game". You can even read it from some comments here.
You could have much more positive feedback...

Accept it or ignore it. It's your choice.

• Angry
Reactions: Shadowwall123

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

I think it's clear that most people have a different expectency from a "Game". You can even read it from some comments here.

There is absolutely nothing AO could do differently, other than decline to post his/her VN at all. There is no other place where they could post it on F95, and if you want to complain about "not game enough" entries here, do it to management, not to developers giving you free content.

Maybe you'd get much more positive feedback if you stopped sounding so entitled. Accept it or ignore it. It's your choice.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
There is absolutely nothing AO could do differently, other than decline to post his/her VN at all. There is no other place where they could post it on F95, and if you want to complain about "not game enough" entries here, do it to management, not to developers giving you free content.

Maybe you'd get much more positive feedback if you stopped sounding so entitled. Accept it or ignore it. It's your choice
The obvious solution is to have a different section for Kinetic Novels. We have a different section for Comics, and Kinetic Novels are far more like comics than games.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019

HTML? it is HTML.

Complete? yeah, it's complete. The dev won't add any content updates.

The dev tagged it as a Kinetic novel, and posted in the section for those type of works. He didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe every Kinetic novel should be separated from the rest of games section? yes, but that's not fault of the dev. He made a kinetic novel, and tagged it as such. In any case, your complaint would be more effective if directed toward F95 staff.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The obvious solution is to have a different section for Kinetic Novels. We have a different section for Comics, and Kinetic Novels are far more like comics than games.
  1. This isn't the thread (or even forum) in which to advance your desire to add another forum
  2. Even if a new forum for VN were deployed tomorrow, that still doesn't mean you can blame AO for posting it where it belonged when he posted it, nor does it justify your expression of disappointment that this ofering was exactly what AO tagged it as.
AO is giving us what he said he was giving us. Take up your disappointment with the site's admins in this thread designed for that purpose.

Jan 18, 2021
It still gives the misleading impression that this is a game. It's not by any definition.
By the definition of this forum, it is.

F95 requires authors to post visual novels in the "Games" section. The "Kinetic Novel" tag exists for games without interaction (no choices). The tag rules pinned in this forum explain this clearly in the list of technical tags:
  • Kinetic Novel [Used when a a visual novel style game presents the player with no choices.]
Again, if you are not happy with that, please discuss this with the site admins and ask them to create a separate section for visual novels. There is no point in arguing about that here in this thread.

Reactions: Vegnas and Rafster

KORJ666

Dec 30, 2017
People are upset that their expectations were not met, and there is nothing terrible in this.
People write in the comments that this is not a game and there are no options? Well, they are right, it really is.

I don’t understand people who are trying to justify or defend the author or snap at those who are disappointed.
Because...
I did not see a single comment that would blame or insult the author ...
Because all these comments simply stated the fact of disappointed people that this is not a game)

To tell the truth, it seems to me that the problem here is rather in people who are trying to explain something or prove something to those who have not encountered kinetic navels before. It feels like they are trying to provoke.

Reactions: VVVrextt4343

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The problem is not that people are posting to say that they are disappointed that a visual novel is not a game (though it is uunwise to spend lifespan broadcasting a truism and rude to force people to waste their lifespan reading such banal pronouncements), the problem is that the ignorati then accuse the original poster of poor "branding" and posting in the wrong forum. Combining arrogance with ignorance may be efficient, but it is not endearing. The game is posted and labelled correctly. RTFM.

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
The story is serviceable and pictures well matching the set story there are a few typos and repetition of sections but its solid fapping material for half hour so don't really understand all those complains given that this is labeled as kinetic novel and for free.

Would be fun if someone made a game with some choices and corruption in it but beggars can't be choosers, the title alone made laugh, rated four cocks out of five thanks for uploading.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
This was a potential prequel to sluttown that AO worked on before dropping it. He worked on two other prequels as OJT that he went on to release before starting work on the main project. He released this to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of sluttown.

Where the sequel? hey??

Skatyniaka

Oct 25, 2021
It is not very clear why this side story of the Sluttown was released (when there are already two prefaces with the same linear plot without elections), except that the МС of this game should appear and play some important role, but it was still interesting to read.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I literally just explained this in the post just above yours. He was coming up to speed on SugarCube/Twine and developing his writing skills before starting Sluttown. The other two were worth release and when the year ran by he asked my opinion about whether this one was too dark to release to celebrate the anniversary.

It is not very clear why this side story of the Sluttown was released (when there are already two prefaces with the same linear plot without elections), except that the МС of this game should appear and play some important role, but it was still interesting to read.

Reactions: Skatyniaka

IL420

May 14, 2023
Honestly a decent storyline, gets kinda dark toward the middle but a surprisingly wholesome ending.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes