Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Please note that I am not a lawyer, but I played one in a High School play. :whistle:
There is a lot incomplete information here with the discussion of protecting ones images. First off, let's just talk about how we got to any of the characters. These are all fan created works, I don't think anyone on this thread actually got the exact recipe from L&P. Reverse engineering does not automatically mean "infringing".

Now we move on to actual protections under law. Under 17 U.S.C. § 501, an artist who copies a copyrighted artwork commits copyright infringement because the artwork they copied qualifies as a “pictorial” work of art under §102. However, it is important to know whether the designs that the artist copies are registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. Yet, while registration is voluntary, and copyright exists from the moment the work is created, the design does need to be registered to bring a lawsuit for infringement of work.

More specifically, to bring any legal action to enforce the copyright, you need a copyright application with the US Copyright Office—there is no common law right to sue for copyright infringement. If the image is registered, then its owner also has rights to “derivative work” under §101 and §106, so the artist who copied the image does not have the right to create and sell their derivative work.

But, no protection is available for unregistered designs. While the UK has design rights akin to copyright, design rights in the US are related to patents and must be registered in a design patent application at the USPTO. Unless the image that the artist is copying is registered with the US Copyright Office, the other artist cannot seek a court order restricting its use. Remedies such as injunctions or damages would only be available if the design is registered.

Most people just know the first part of this, so they assume that every derivative work is infringing, in some manner or another. While that notion will always keep you safe from legal action, it actually isn't completely correct. L&P would have to register his images, and that means every one in his VN, which has the character he wants to protect, or at the very least the actual 3D model used, with the US Patent and Trademark Office. I would bet that was never done. So while you may find that Phoenya selling images on his Patreon of his interpetation of Sophia might not be to your liking, I am not sure if it is technically illegal. But I am also not sure it is a fight worth having if L&P reports the "infringement" to Patreon itself.

Then we move on to the topic of "Fair Use", but that is a whole other can of worms.
"Hello mr lawyer? This is L&P how are you doing? Good, glad to hear it.

Look I have an issue here, I'd like to sue someone online for using the characters made by a third party that I bought from Daz3d websi- What? No, no, I bought them, anyone can buy them. Anyway I would like to sue this person because they are copying my incest-ridden work with sexual acts involving depictions of underage characters.

What? Cartoons? No, they're almost look like real life characters, I do my best to make them look as real as possible...

Hello? Mr Lawyer?"

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Also Phoenya don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about.

You CAN talk about AWAM on your Patreon and you CAN post whatever character you like.

Actually how cool would it be if you made some images with Dylan?

Because Dylan (as we know him) doesn't exist on L&Ps Patreon.
And AWAM does not exist in L&P's Patreon.
He sells Decisions of Life. Awam isn't his, remember?

4d chess play Phoenya, claim AWAM is yours to Patreon's support and that DOL is just an amateur cut and watch L&P having to justify that AWAM is actually his :KEK: :KEK:

So if Patreon comes to you because they had a report saying you're infringing copyright just say: "What do you mean infringing? I'm the creator of AWAM" :KEK:

qwertzuioü

Nov 10, 2017
what I don't understand about this copyright issue is that I can buy EJ Adora For Genesis 3 Female(s) from the creators Emma and Jordi for $15 and L&P doesn't own the name Sophia. So how is making a picture using Sophia as a name copyright against L&P. Be gentle I'm just off a 12 hour work shift. lol
https://f95zone.to/threads/ej-adora-for-genesis-3-female-s.20910/
she is free for everybody
and the name is free to use, it is just a name very common in this world

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost1122

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Me either mate, nice work.
Thanks. I had a heck of a time with the lighting on this, but I managed to figure out what was wrong, what was effecting the lighting and it actually taught me something so I was pleased I had trouble in the end. One of the problems was all the lights in this environment were off... I couldn't turn them on because they were all instanced. I had to find the original object the instances were based off of and turn IT on and that turned all the instances on as they are just copies of the original. Then there were other settings in the tone mapping section, not sure how or why, but the ISO speed was insanely high causing the lights to all be too bright... fiddled with those settings and learned a few more things... all in all, a good learning experience with this scene. :)

Problems I didn't solve yet, were that I tried to have their clothes laying on the ground. I gave them dforce settings so they would fall with simulation settings but they went through the floor when they did. Not sure what to do... the floor is instanced. I may have to create an invisible floor that is a static dforce object for the clothes to fall onto at the same level as the ground. Been wanting to figure out how to do this for a while.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks. I had a heck of a time with the lighting on this, but I managed to figure out what was wrong, what was effecting the lighting and it actually taught me something so I was pleased I had trouble in the end. One of the problems was all the lights in this environment were off... I couldn't turn them on because they were all instanced. I had to find the original object the instances were based off of and turn IT on and that turned all the instances on as they are just copies of the original. Then there were other settings in the tone mapping section, not sure how or why, but the ISO speed was insanely high causing the lights to all be too bright... fiddled with those settings and learned a few more things... all in all, a good learning experience with this scene. :)

Problems I didn't solve yet, were that I tried to have their clothes laying on the ground. I gave them dforce settings so they would fall with simulation settings but they went through the floor when they did. Not sure what to do... the floor is instanced. I may have to create an invisible floor that is a static dforce object for the clothes to fall onto at the same level as the ground. Been wanting to figure out how to do this for a while.
I did watch a video on it, and apparently you have to add a setting to the floor as well so it collides with it, but if the clothing drops like ton of bricks when you hit the simulation button i think its an issue with the clothing. I tried it with an outfit adding the dforce modifier and every time i hit simulate it would just disappear lol.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Night Hacker

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

Did you create a plain to put on the floor and this wold stop the clothes going through the floor

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I did watch a video on it, and apparently you have to add a setting to the floor as well so it collides with it, but if the clothing drops like ton of bricks when you hit the simulation button i think its an issue with the clothing. I tried it with an outfit adding the dforce modifier and every time i hit simulate it would just disappear lol.
It didn't help that the floor is instanced. But I changed the original floor, no dice. I think you're on to something. I may try it with altered simulation settings... maybe fall slower and start the clothes off closer to the ground so they don't fall too fast? If I figure it out, I'll be sure to share what I find.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
the tribal clothing reminds me of a comic by deranged aristocrat
Well, the tribal look with the SNU-SNU comment has to do with Futurama where they had sex (snu-snu) with these huge Amazonian women that could hospitalize you or worse with their sex. Made me laugh once I understood the reference.

hqdefault.jpg Amazon-Woman-In-Mood-Crushed-Pelvis.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: crwatcher

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Did you create a plain to put on the floor and this wold stop the clothes going through the floor
Not yet, that was going to be my next step. But it was 3am by the time I was done that render. I didn't think of adding my own plane until too late. But I want to do this... you know... push myself, learn and all that. ;)

I suppose I could have just used a plane in order to stop them from falling and then deleted the plane. Never thought of that.

Reactions: Old Dog

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Not yet, that was going to be my next step. But it was 3am by the time I was done that render. I didn't think of adding my own plane until too late. But I want to do this... you know... push myself, learn and all that. ;)

I suppose I could have just used a plane in order to stop them from falling and then deleted the plane. Never thought of that.
Not sure where you are at with this... but simulations can also depend quite a bit on where exactly vertices are, and more specifically density of vertices. If your floor is made up of 4 corners and no subdivisions of any kind it will not work well as a collision object. Should you make a generic plane as a floor with the plans to hide or delete it, if you still have problems increase the subdivisions (like a lot of subdivisions).

I'll add that the density shouldn't matter when you are just speaking of a flat floor object. Just warning that at times it does anyway.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Not sure where you are at with this... but simulations can also depend quite a bit on where exactly vertices are, and more specifically density of vertices. If your floor is made up of 4 corners and no subdivisions of any kind it will not work well as a collision object. Should you make a generic plane as a floor with the plans to hide or delete it, if you still have problems increase the subdivisions (like a lot of subdivisions).

I'll add that the density shouldn't matter when you are just speaking of a flat floor object. Just warning that at times it does anyway.
That was a concern, but even square flat floor planes are made up of a minimum of two polygons, which is what would be used to detect collisions. I actually programmed my own 3D program where it detects the ground, collisions etc... all programmed manually (took me a bit to learn the math). I would think that a larger flat surface with fewer polygons would be easier to be honest.

Anyhow, I just tested this with a large cube, minimum polygons and it worked fine, so I plan to test it with my full scene again. If it still falls through the floor (the floor is an instance, so that could be effecting why), than I will use a simply primitive for the floor, and once the simulation is done, I can delete the primitive. Time will tell. Learned a couple new things. If it works, I'll be sure to post in here about what I did in case anyone else wants to do it.

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes