Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Opinions on the wet look welcome
View attachment 2108558
The scene is quite nice. To critique it, however, the image seems a little over-exposed. As for the wet look specifically, the hair is great, but the droplet streaks visible on her hips and so forth are horizontal. I'm sure the default asset setup assumes the character is standing up and so drops would flow down her legs. With her lying down they no longer are following the laws of gravity (minor detail, but I'm assuming these nitpicks are precisely what you want since you asked).

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The scene is quite nice. To critique it, however, the image seems a little over-exposed. As for the wet look specifically, the hair is great, but the droplet streaks visible on her hips and so forth are horizontal. I'm sure the default asset setup assumes the character is standing up and so drops would flow down her legs. With her lying down they no longer are following the laws of gravity (minor detail, but I'm assuming these nitpicks are precisely what you want since you asked).
Thanks for your feedback.
Lighting play an important part in the wet look and I have also had some trouble mastering it and I will check the asset default set up,thanks.

Reactions: redle

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Thanks for your feedback.
Lighting play an important part in the wet look and I have also had some trouble mastering it and I will check the asset default set up,thanks.
No idea if the asset has any settings to rotate maps. Likely you would need to manually piecemeal it in, but maybe you'll get lucky.

As for the lighting, always tricky. For that particular scene I'd recommend crushing-blacks. Here's a similar effect photoshopped (as both a gif and a webp, simply because wepb doesn't preview here)
wet6_crush.gif
View attachment wet6_crush.webp

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
No idea if the asset has any settings to rotate maps. Likely you would need to manually piecemeal it in, but maybe you'll get lucky.

As for the lighting, always tricky. For that particular scene I'd recommend crushing-blacks. Here's a similar effect photoshopped (as both a gif and a webp, simply because wepb doesn't preview here)
View attachment 2109244
View attachment 2109245
Nice idea thanks

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes