Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
He just said since the update people have been reporting higher temps, i admit even mine seemed to be playing up as well. But my card is from a brand i don't even know. I have an app installed that lets me control the power use and temp control and for some reason after i update the driver, it was ignoring what i had the temp limit set to. After I rolled back it seemed to work fine again.
My card a 3080 hits 67c while rendering

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
He just said since the update people have been reporting higher temps, i admit even mine seemed to be playing up as well. But my card is from a brand i don't even know. I have an app installed that lets me control the power use and temp control and for some reason after i update the driver, it was ignoring what i had the temp limit set to. After i rolled back it seemed to work fine again.
Which driver version gives problems? I don't have a clue what temp mine runs at.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Which driver version gives problems? I don't have a clue what temp mine runs at.
You can download NZXT cam it lets you put a minibar on your desktop so you can monitor all that stuff, or the other one is MSI afterburner, there are probably other was to do it too. Not sure what driver version number it is, but i updated it yesterday.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Okay, I ended up grabbing GPU-Z to check the video card stats. My 3060 went up to 65c while rendering. A clue as to whether that is too high is the fan speed. The fans on mine never went much higher than 70% of the speed they can go at which tells you the temp isn't maxed out and is probably okay.

According to online sources, my 3060 can go up to 82C on full load, so... not worried. Good thing to keep an eye on. I'll probably test new drivers for this after updating.

The main problems I heard of were from the newer 40XX melting connectors, but that had to do with the manufacturer I guess... who knows. Happy with my 3060. :)

Thanks for the heads up though, always best to be safe.

Edit: I also use the STUDIO drivers, not the Gameready drivers which is standard. Studio drivers are more geared to rendering etc... for people who are creative.

Reactions: Old Dog

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Okay, I ended up grabbing GPU-Z to check the video card stats. My 3060 went up to 65c while rendering. A clue as to whether that is too high is the fan speed. The fans on mine never went much higher than 70% of the speed they can go at which tells you the temp isn't maxed out and is probably okay.

According to online sources, my 3060 can go up to 82C on full load, so... not worried. Good thing to keep an eye on. I'll probably test new drivers for this after updating.

The main problems I heard of were from the newer 40XX melting connectors, but that had to do with the manufacturer I guess... who knows. Happy with my 3060. :)

Thanks for the heads up though, always best to be safe.

Edit: I also use the STUDIO drivers, not the Gameready drivers which is standard. Studio drivers are more geared to rendering etc... for people who are creative.
Yeah i had the stuido drivers installed as well. As for the 40 series, i think they have had no end of issues with those cards, glad i kept the 3090. But yeah i would recommend having a copy of your old driver if you want to try the update.

Reactions: Old Dog

lupogba6

Sep 6, 2021
How do you check the temp? Been a while and I forget. heheh
And what are normal temps? 67 doesn't honestly sound too bad if I am correct...
u open the card
and put a thermometer inside
this is the best and most efficient way
and make sure power plug is plugged in and power is on
that will save u from getting electrocuted

• Haha
Reactions: mulerider

qhuy729

Apr 2, 2018
give me some suggestions, I will try
of course, they are all based on the original photo
tattoo is just a random idea