Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

TresspasserHobbit

Jul 23, 2022
I am a passive observer here, i do not comment, like or give advice but something is forced me to do this.

A country named bot account has started to sabotage this topic by posting hilariously low skilled, stolen looking, corona smelling photoshop images.

I am saying 'bot account' because a living organism doesn't do that, it must be a bot, yes. :sick:

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Hi all I'm trying a new way of setting up my dufs and was hopping some people might want to try out my Sophia, I have her hair (all 4 types) in a group setup and also put some Basic Wear (Pink & Blue set) so you can see how I setup clothing on my characters. I like to see if anyone has any issues posing them with the hair or clothing falling off... So far I'm yet to have any issues. I also labled every part of her to Id stuff faster. I have 2 versions in the duf, one has Golden Palace Gens (in pink) and other has non (in blue). Thanks for any feed back using my dufs.
Sophia AMAW Full Setup x2.png

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all I'm trying a new way of setting up my dufs and was hopping some people might want to try out my Sophia, I have her hair (all 4 types) in a group setup and also put some Basic Wear (Pink & Blue set) so you can see how I setup clothing on my characters. I like to see if anyone has any issues posing them with the hair or clothing falling off... So far I'm yet to have any issues. I also labled every part of her to Id stuff faster. I have 2 versions in the duf, one has Golden Palace Gens (in pink) and other has non (in blue). Thanks for any feed back using my dufs.
View attachment 2505894
Your set up seems strange to me but I had no problem using the duf files
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG two.jpg

Insys

Sep 17, 2019
Sure

I'm not sure if I did everything right! Please tell me if it works
Hello Bullx. The duf is great. Identical to the G3. But I cannot use the Skin Builder 8. I wanted to give her some makeup (shadows, bush, lips) but no avail. Changes disappear immediately. ??? I looked in the surfaces tap en removed some limits but ineffective. Do you have an idea?

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Your set up seems strange to me but I had no problem using the duf files
View attachment 2505911 View attachment 2505916 View attachment 2505912
Ye I know I use a lot of detail in the file naming part due to having sooo many dufs of Fanart and also custom setups, Its hard to keep track of what I used without looking. By labeling it the way I do I can just use that to find out what I did and not go to any tabs to find out lol.... getting lazy at my old age. Hate having to go to a tab then a menu option to see what shader, color, skin and so on I used.... or even opening up the log file.... Especially when I get an error due to something not being installed after a system reinstall... which I just had to reinstall my Daz and system... As I said getting lazy lol.

I just posted Cassie from DAST with her duf being redone, her hair was fun as its got 4 parts to it. Grouping is a fun way to help with clothing and hair setups as I'm finding, which saves time over the long run if you use the same model alot.... Which I'm about to make a comic and VN game and trying to work out a way to save time using this crazy method of mine lol...

It's mainly for long term projects, as the small comics I've made so far didn't need this setup. Make changing clothing and hair faster, especially for multi part hair setup like or that Cassie uses. Although that Sophia setup does give you the basic idea how multiple more complex hair setup would work with it. I also use and extra item now with my hair to help them fit better, I highly recommend it! There is also for G2 and G8. Which is why the hair is setup the way it is, I took out Hat And Hair Helper for Genesis 3 as I knew that not many people use it or have it.

Thanks for trying my duf.

Reactions: Old Dog

Bullx

Jul 2, 2020
Hello Bullx. The duf is great. Identical to the G3. But I cannot use the Skin Builder 8. I wanted to give her some makeup (shadows, bush, lips) but no avail. Changes disappear immediately. ??? I looked in the surfaces tap en removed some limits but ineffective. Do you have an idea?
All I know is that the make up of the original G3 EjAdora works. I have not tried anything else.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Little side project of mine
View attachment 2506697
If it is a work in progress and you are wanting a critique though:
1. As mentioned, readability of font color on background is an issue at times.
2. The skewing of the image is rather noticeable (i.e. her body is out of proportion due to y-scaling down the correct proportioned original)
3. Font alignment and spacing (vertically the numbers and weekdays look good, but horizontally there is a lot of mismatch).
4. 2002? Might need to think about updating your source information for current time ;)

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
If it is a work in progress and you are wanting a critique though:
1. As mentioned, readability of font color on background is an issue at times.
2. The skewing of the image is rather noticeable (i.e. her body is out of proportion due to y-scaling down the correct proportioned original)
3. Font alignment and spacing (vertically the numbers and weekdays look good, but horizontally there is a lot of mismatch).
4. 2002? Might need to think about updating your source information for current time ;)
Yes I agree on the ratio of he body and the font can be easily fixed so that is not problem but thankyou for your feedback

Reactions: redle
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes