Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
I save it for the "AI is the future, bro" bros. Invariably they are the same people who were saying the same thing about NFTs last week.

The thing about Daz is that when you get your character dialed in, you have an actual 3d model that you can bring into Unreal etc. With AI we're gonna be waiting for a while to get the amount of fingers right in a 2 dimensional picture.
I've never been a crypto guy. Ever. I laughed st NFTs. Etc.
To equate the current tech as a fad when companies like Nvidia and Microsoft have essentially bet their futures on it is being ignorant (which is fine, still a lot I'm ignorant about on the topic) or willfully ignorant...which the bad one here.

It's not a speculative, poorly clothed pyramid scheme like NFTs and such BS is. It's a massively developing tech that will take over the space of multimedia creation soon...largely because it has to in the larger market. As said above, it's not sustainable to have teams of 750 people spending a decade and $500M on a AAA game not named GTA. AI will have to take some of that workload...and it will.
It's a new tech but dismissing it as a fad or "bro fad" is crazy.

It sounds like people saying we don't need a phone in our pocket or movies on a disc or media streamed to a box in our house. It sounds like a classic case of not having a clue of where the tech will lead beyond the base set of what is out right now. That notion will be equally laughed at in 10 years, IMO.

But right now? Yes, it's unique but you quickly see the limitations and what it CAN'T do...yet.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
AI advances very fast and good results depend on knowing how to create promps, how to train and use LoRAs, and checkpoints, on knowing how to use Controlnet to improve postures and avoid deformations. In short, it depends on the results you are looking for, you can do something very basic and quick or you can dedicate time and work to create something very specific with the details you are looking for

Exactly. Right now the difference between something that sucks and something that is shockingly realistic/good is the way you communicate with the software via prompts. That and what training model you use.

It's not a fad. Once you play around with it and get that first "holy shit" return from just typing in some words and waiting a minute you know what's coming. You can immediately feel it.

Because you're (we, normal folk) are doing this on basic PCs. My PC has a 6GB 2060. It's not new or special or great and with the right model and prompt I can have 20 pieces of something that is pretty fuckkng incredible all made in a few minutes.

Yes, right now it's early and results kind of have a similar vibe but we are at the infancy. It's like someone shitting on a cell phone from 1985 because it only has a mile range...and saying that's all it'll ever be. Now? I'm writing this on a cell phone, lol. I do 95% of my daily internet use and productivity on my cell phone. Technology evolves and this AI shit is moving ahead at lightspeed. Tech giants like Nvidia have bet their future on it. They're all in.

It's not 3D TVs. It's not fidget spinners. It's not NFTs (lol). It's the dawn of a tech that will be ubiquitous in our lives within a decade.

Reactions: fabyoxx

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
AWAM FAN ART THREAD.

there's a graphics tools thread somewhere, i think. please discuss AI there. FYI you've been spamming this thread with three pages worth of AI debates already. please stop.

pgee

Nov 9, 2020
AI advances very fast and good results depend on knowing how to create promps, how to train and use LoRAs, and checkpoints, on knowing how to use Controlnet to improve postures and avoid deformations. In short, it depends on the results you are looking for, you can do something very basic and quick or you can dedicate time and work to create something very specific with the details you are looking for

Future is here) thank you . I’ll try to figure out with that AI

• Angry
Reactions: Night Hacker
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes