Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/ms-denvers-v0-04-popdoggy.143472/post-11910321
This girl described how she managed to copy a character, but it is an image created in PS. Quite tricky to pull off, and it takes talent. In DAZ even more complicated.
In Daz it can be simpler, or complicated depending on how the character was created.
You have 2 main components of a character in Daz. The shape and the texture. The texture plays a very big role, sometimes more so than the shape. That is why, it is usually easier to identify the texture than the shape of a character. Because it gives the character already the look. The problem is it also hides certain differences, or modifications and makes it harder for someone to identify.
Her are two images of a quick render:
This is Victoria 7 and EJ Adora (the character with the texture at least for Sophia. I think especially in later iterations small tweaks to the shape were made as well). Here I have changed the textures among them.
Victoria 7 vs Adora with hair.png

Here are the characters with their original textures on:
Victoria 7 vs Adora with hair (original).png

Yes, in the first image, Victoria 7 with the Adora texture doesn't quite looks like Sophia but it looks a lot more like the character than the actual shape of Sophia with Victoria's texture.

In the second image we can see that Shape and texture combined make for an almost perfect match of how Sophia looks.

This example was to show how much of a character look comes from the texture. With a completely wrong texture, the character looks very different.

It also shows how the texture makes recognizing the shape a lot harder. Yes, when the right combination comes, you can recognize it but I doubt how many people can recognize Victoria 7 in the first image.

Now add to that the fact that shapes can be combined however anyone wants.
The creator can say I want this to have 85% of the Adora shape and let's say 40% of Gillian shape. Afterwards, there are very detailed slider to modify the shape of everything you want, nose (bridge, tip, curve, nostrils and so on), lips, cheeks, jaw, forehead and so on.

Here is how Adora and 85% Adora with 40% Gillian look like side by side:
Adora Gillian and Adora.png

Can you tell which is which without looking above?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the TLDR is: We can maybe identify the texture if we get lucky and stumble over it.
If the creator has played with the shape, there are very small chances we will completely identify it.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
In Daz it can be simpler, or complicated depending on how the character was created.
You have 2 main components of a character in Daz. The shape and the texture. The texture plays a very big role, sometimes more so than the shape. That is why, it is usually easier to identify the texture than the shape of a character. Because it gives the character already the look. The problem is it also hides certain differences, or modifications and makes it harder for someone to identify.
Her are two images of a quick render:
This is Victoria 7 and EJ Adora (the character with the texture at least for Sophia. I think especially in later iterations small tweaks to the shape were made as well). Here I have changed the textures among them.
View attachment 3013390

Here are the characters with their original textures on:
View attachment 3013392

Yes, in the first image, Victoria 7 with the Adora texture doesn't quite looks like Sophia but it looks a lot more like the character than the actual shape of Sophia with Victoria's texture.

In the second image we can see that Shape and texture combined make for an almost perfect match of how Sophia looks.

This example was to show how much of a character look comes from the texture. With a completely wrong texture, the character looks very different.

It also shows how the texture makes recognizing the shape a lot harder. Yes, when the right combination comes, you can recognize it but I doubt how many people can recognize Victoria 7 in the first image.

Now add to that the fact that shapes can be combined however anyone wants.
The creator can say I want this to have 85% of the Adora shape and let's say 40% of Gillian shape. Afterwards, there are very detailed slider to modify the shape of everything you want, nose (bridge, tip, curve, nostrils and so on), lips, cheeks, jaw, forehead and so on.

Here is how Adora and 85% Adora with 40% Gillian look like side by side:
View attachment 3013401

Can you tell which is which without looking above?

I think the TLDR is: We can maybe identify the texture if we get lucky and stumble over it.
If the creator has played with the shape, there are very small chances we will completely identify it.
I can't figure it out. They look identical to me :cry:. Nice presentation.
I think the first step would be, when looking for characters, is to determine if it's a G3 or a G8.
Here is a G3. If you follow the eyebrows, G3's are a bit shorter: 8 edges, more precisely 7.5
1697573459963.png

G8 has 9, or more precisely 8.8.
1697573638926.png

G3's eyebrows are a little higher than G8's.
1697573940401.png
1697574153483.png

The rest is almost identical, the brownest is the G8.
1697576284097.png

Reactions: BigIrishLug

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I can't figure it out. They look identical to me :cry:. Nice presentation.
I think the first step would be, when looking for characters, is to determine if it's a G3 or a G8.
Here is a G3. If you follow the eyebrows, G3's are a bit shorter: 8 edges, more precisely 7.5
View attachment 3014036

G8 has 9, or more precisely 8.8.
View attachment 3014040

G3's eyebrows are a little higher than G8's.
View attachment 3014048
View attachment 3014054

The rest is almost identical, the brownest is the G8.
View attachment 3014127
Unfortunately we don't see the geometry. And while the basic shapes have some distinct features, the ones you customize do not.
Here is Sophia (I've posted this earlier as well) in 4 different generations: G3, G8, G8.1 and G9. Can you tell them apart?

At first we already know L&P used G3. I think since then he moved at least sophia (and probably dylan/ellie) to G8 or higher.

I think, because the technology advanced and you get benefits from the newer ones, he is probably using G8.1 now. There are some chance for some characters he doesn't care about he is using G8. There also a small chance he is using G9 but I'm not sure about that.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Unfortunately we don't see the geometry. And while the basic shapes have some distinct features, the ones you customize do not.
Here is Sophia (I've posted this earlier as well) in 4 different generations: G3, G8, G8.1 and G9. Can you tell them apart?

At first we already know L&P used G3. I think since then he moved at least sophia (and probably dylan/ellie) to G8 or higher.

I think, because the technology advanced and you get benefits from the newer ones, he is probably using G8.1 now. There are some chance for some characters he doesn't care about he is using G8. There also a small chance he is using G9 but I'm not sure about that.
Any idea on the assets used for Aimee and Naomi?

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Any idea on the assets used for Aimee and Naomi?
At first glance I couldn't identify them. They both look hot though and would like to find out.
I think I'll wait to play through the update, to be more familiarized with their faces and afterwards, I'll look through the G8/8.1 library to see if anything pops out.

Which one do people like more, the brunette, or the blonde? (don't know which is which by name)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

If you overlay the G3 with the G8, at the topology level, even the face, is identical.
There is a difference, the G8 eyebrows are separated from the head
G3 includes the eyebrows in the Head node.
1697618093188.png

And G8
1697618173304.png

In this Gif we have differences in eyebrows, topology around the eyes, and, I think, slightly in the corner of the mouth.
anigif.gif

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

I have yet to see any reason to use G8 instead of G3 for these characters. While some can be converted to G8 with similar G8 assets, when it comes to Sophia, I stick to G3, it's what the dev uses, it looks fine and I see no reason to switch to G8. The only reason I have heard in the past was something about fitting clothing like G8 clothing on G3 or some such thing and I showed it could be easily done and actually done it.

In your examples, I see a BIG difference in her eyes. The G8 and G9 eyes are too small and the G9 eyes look really bad. The G8 is close, but the face is still off a bit. When I render anything for this game, I will stick to G3 if that is the original. Again, there's zero reasons to switch when it comes to duplicating game characters. The goal is to get them looking like the original. I prefer G8F these days for my own work and will switch a character to it IF I can preserve the original appearance or I will do it for others, but...

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I have yet to see any reason to use G8 instead of G3 for these characters. While some can be converted to G8 with similar G8 assets, when it comes to Sophia, I stick to G3, it's what the dev uses, it looks fine and I see no reason to switch to G8. The only reason I have heard in the past was something about fitting clothing like G8 clothing on G3 or some such thing and I showed it could be easily done and actually done it.

In your examples, I see a BIG difference in her eyes. The G8 and G9 eyes are too small and the G9 eyes look really bad. The G8 is close, but the face is still off a bit. When I render anything for this game, I will stick to G3 if that is the original. Again, there's zero reasons to switch when it comes to duplicating game characters. The goal is to get them looking like the original. I prefer G8F these days for my own work and will switch a character to it IF I can preserve the original appearance or I will do it for others, but...
You think he is still sticking to G3 ?
I honestly think he switched her to at least G8. You can see she no longer looks 100% like the original version. She is definitely not only the Adora model now.

For G9 eyes, there were some problems with the textures when converting, since I'm not using G9 yet (was just curious if I can do it) I didn't bother to fix them. I agree that G8 is not identical, the automatic conversion is not perfect since the geometry is not exactly the same.

Why I think G8 and actually 8.1 is the best one to use is because of the improvements made to the model for expressions. That's why I actually think L&P is using G8 or 8.1 Sophia's expressions are very good. I also have a very big library of G8 assets (including poses) and very few for G3. I know everything can be converted, even poses, but why bother with the extra hassle for every little thing you do with the model.
I am also very curious what he used to get Sophia tanned. was it an existing daz product, did he do it from the material settings in daz, did he do it in photoshop? Always so many questions regarding his work to get that end result. I've yet to see a fan render that looks 100% like Sophia of the last few versions (since last Aiden task and forward).

Reactions: Alley_Cat

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Done first story type art enjoy
Characters: Sophia, Dylan, Liam
View attachment 3017336

LustyHero. thank you once again for sharing. i just want to call your attention to sophia's nipples. if you remember sophia modeling swimsuits for dylan and sam in main game, you'll notice that her nipples are much longer when aroused. they talk about her distended nipples, if i remember correctly, during one of those mother/son talks.

as always maks122, very much appreciated. really like your version of sophia. you kept her as close to the original as possible. lately, the more upgraded she got, the younger she looked. g8 not milf like anymore.

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes