Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Think I've found Naomi's PJs. I believe the top comes from and the bottoms something like . Might take a little fiddling to get the two to match.

In the middle of a render at the moment, but after that's done I'll test what I can.

In other news, I've been testing G9 models to see if any match Aimee. seems to be working for me for the meantime, but doesn't match exact enough for me to be confident.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hey!

Time to use a barely used character! Mia :D

This is my version of her, so don't go too hard haha :oops:

But I like how she turned out, hope you will too! :giggle:

Characters: Mia and Principal Johnson.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NO GUI:
View attachment 3136779 View attachment 3136781 View attachment 3136782 View attachment 3136783 View attachment 3136784 View attachment 3136785 View attachment 3136786 View attachment 3136787 View attachment 3136788
wow

Jun 23, 2022
Hey!

Time to use a barely used character! Mia :D

This is my version of her, so don't go too hard haha :oops:

But I like how she turned out, hope you will too! :giggle:

Characters: Mia and Principal Johnson.

NO GUI:
View attachment 3136779 View attachment 3136781 View attachment 3136782 View attachment 3136783 View attachment 3136784 View attachment 3136785 View attachment 3136786 View attachment 3136787 View attachment 3136788

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
First test to see if my rig can handle all the characters I want to put in there. Been a while since I tried to render so many characters, and I haven't even got Sophia in there yet. Not quite happy with the lighting. Will probably change what bottle I use - I suspect a smaller and not clear beer bottle might work better.

AWAM - Party Test 1 PS.png

EDIT:
Second test. Worked on the lighting so now there are shadows. Also added Sophia. Took out the other girls just to speed up rendering, but I think you guys get the idea of what I'm planning.
AWAM - Party Test 2.png

Last edited:

mulerider

Donor
Apr 9, 2020
First test to see if my rig can handle all the characters I want to put in there. Been a while since I tried to render so many characters, and I haven't even got Sophia in there yet. Not quite happy with the lighting. Will probably change what bottle I use - I suspect a smaller and not clear beer bottle might work better.

View attachment 3140525
well you got 8 of them in there, pretty damn good

karleston

May 20, 2022

View attachment 3140525
You need to tone down the light quite a bit and introduce shadows, and with a floor like that a bit of color correction might help too.

I gotta learn daz at some point, it's pretty cool to be able to transfer any character you want to blender.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You need to tone down the light quite a bit and introduce shadows, and with a floor like that a bit of color correction might help too.

I gotta learn daz at some point, it's pretty cool to be able to transfer any character you want to blender.
Yeah. The combination of lots of textures, plus all the glasses really slowed down the render. Was finding that the render took either 5 minutes or 5 hours, depending on what lighting I used.

One trick I learnt a while back to speed up a render is to flood the scene with light and then up the exposure, which is what I did here, just unsuccessfully.

Reactions: brainman

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Yeah. The combination of lots of textures, plus all the glasses really slowed down the render. Was finding that the render took either 5 minutes or 5 hours, depending on what lighting I used.

One trick I learnt a while back to speed up a render is to flood the scene with light and then up the exposure, which is what I did here, just unsuccessfully.
If the lighting is really bad that can happen. If the test was for that many characters you might want to check that somehow for the 5 hours the rendering didn't jump to cpu rendering.

Anyways, nice scene, 8 characters is already a lot. What graphics card do you have? Did you optimize the scene at all? (in the sense of lowering poly count or the texture resolution) Also, if you add clothes, since they have textures as well, some also maybe a lot of polygons, you might go over the VRAM limit already, have to pay attention to that as well.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If the lighting is really bad that can happen. If the test was for that many characters you might want to check that somehow for the 5 hours the rendering didn't jump to cpu rendering.

Anyways, nice scene, 8 characters is already a lot. What graphics card do you have? Did you optimize the scene at all? (in the sense of lowering poly count or the texture resolution) Also, if you add clothes, since they have textures as well, some also maybe a lot of polygons, you might go over the VRAM limit already, have to pay attention to that as well.
Didn't optimise the scene, as I wanted to preserve the textures. It's also why I didn't use DOF. I have a 3060, so still pretty happy it managed the scene at all. Back when I first started doing fan art I did an 8 character scene and it wouldn't work at all without optimisation

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes