Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
The dev stopped westpod from making money off the AWAM universe.
Another dev produced a game called"AWAM Fan Art and uploaded his game onto here for free.
L&P did nothing to stop this game but with westpod he did because he was making money off it.
So as you have said that you don't believe in the financial side of the story and the difference in westpod and the other dev is money,one was making money the other was not.
As Jashmyne has said he is not banned
It doesn't matter game or set of renders, what's really matter for L&P (of course it's only my suspicion) is render's quality and implicit public competition

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
If it was just render quality
really? Even renders with Sophia ?
Yes.There are many renders on here that use Sophia/kids/house ect and some are as good as the devs but they have never heard anything off he dev

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
I'm with L&P in this matter (please read the post before killing me :LOL:).

We could discuss about whether not teaming up with westopd is a good decision or not, but that's a completely different story.

In any case, this is L&P's creation and deserves to do whatever he/she wants to do with it, not to mention to be the only one getting money from it.

Besides many people keep looking at AWAM from a purist perspective, as if everyone could do whatever they wanted just for being a fan (wow, I'm a fan). Welcome to the real world fans, people work for money and this is L&P's creature, no more, no less.. period.

So, you don't like it? Go and play any other game, there are many out there for free. Have you even thought about how lucky we are being allowed to play such a great game without paying a cent? What if L&P is getting thousands of dollars per month? The better the game, the more money you get, simple as that. That's fair for me. Are you jealous? Go and create your own game.

Regards

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Couple of my personal thoughts/consequences regarding westpod's story:

1. From now on any developer who creates scenes in AWAM universe may be shut up by L&P. Higher quality of your renderings higher chances you'll get banned. Message is pretty clear: Nobody has right to compete with the author. Licensing lies ahead of fan art community as a bright future?
2. I don't believe into financial side of story e.g. westpod's patreon. It mostly used as excuse to ban "competitor" who made scenes (his own, not L&P's ) exceptionally well.
3. AWAM and team's work are mutually exclusive notions. Westpod was ideal candidate to team up, however L&P has another opinion. It means that game's development will be slower and slower, as more and more story's branches unfolds, but workforce stays the same.
Like many in this thread, you probably missed the L&P answer on Westpod's Patreon :

1603697417234.png

I love Westpod work but I think he's a little touchy.

wynlard

Jun 15, 2019
Any of us had message from L&P? I didnt so when it comes about patreon or making money there's a problem. Yes maybe he didnt make money or whatever. Yes characters are free on market but in AWAM universe they all have meaning together. If you use Dylan's asset and Sophia's asset together it directly aims to AWAM and i say it a fanart or copy.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Any of us had message from L&P? I didnt so when it comes about patreon or making money there's a problem. Yes maybe he didnt make money or whatever. Yes characters are free on market but in AWAM universe they all have meaning together. If you use Dylan's asset and Sophia's asset together it directly aims to AWAM and i say it a fanart or copy.
Nope I never received any messages from the dev concerning Fan Art.

daksmkadfad

Sep 11, 2020
Yes characters are free on market but in AWAM universe they all have meaning together. If you use Dylan's asset and Sophia's asset together it directly aims to AWAM and i say it a fanart or copy.
Dude are you for real, if those assets are free he can use them however it wants, lp did not created those assets to be his own creation, the only thing westpod has to change is their names its not like lp trademarked those assets...

wynlard

Jun 15, 2019
Dude are you for real, if those assets are free he can use them however it wants, lp did not created those assets to be his own creation, the only thing westpod has to change is their names its not like lp trademarked those assets...
Did you get what i meant? He did not change their names or relations. He used maybe three or more of L&P's characters at the same time so its copy of his work. When he tries different way to create EJ Adora asset with different hairstyle, eyeleashe,eyes, eyecolor, skin tone I can tell its not Sophia from AWAM.

daksmkadfad

Sep 11, 2020
The assets aren't free, you have to pay for them.
Some are free some are paid...
He did not change their names or relations. He used maybe three or more of L&P's characters at the same time so its copy of his work.
If he gets those assets free or paid it doesn't matter in what combination he uses them, like i said lp did not trademarked those assets so westpod can use those however he wants...

Reactions: rowdyranger

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Some are free some are paid...

If he gets those assets free or paid it doesn't matter in what combination he uses them, like i said lp did not trademarked those assets so westpod can use those however he wants...
He can do what he likes with the assets but when you copy a game,same title, same characters names ect and then put it behind a Patron wall so that you have to pay to see it,then yes it becomes a problem.
Fan Art on here is free and the dev has no problem with that.

wynlard

Jun 15, 2019
Not every figures come with hair and clothes. EJ Adora figure is a public figure yes but Sophia's hairstyle, makeup, body morphs, head morphs, face morphs are L&P's creation and combination (same for others).

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
The matter has been settled and Westpod has made his decision, people including myself have DM him and given him advice, and if he has chosen to no longer upload or continue with his art for AWAM that is his choice. Respect his decision and can we please go back to what this channel is for. If you want to bitch about what has happened start a new thread.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The matter has been settled and Westpod has made his decision, people including myself have DM him and given him advice, and if he has chosen to no longer upload or continue with his art for AWAM that is his choice. Respect his decision and can we please go back to what this channel is for. If you want to bitch about what has happened start a new thread.
When is your next master piece due to arrive on the Fan Art forum.
Whoever post first with their Fan Art gets a free bag of doggy biscuits

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes