Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
And about time i was growing a little tired of waiting, Alyssa can go back into her cage....i mean room now.
Somebody mentioned that DOF would of looked good on this render. Since I no longer have the duf file I just wanted to know is there anyway to do it in PS?

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
My very first attempt at using PS to do a DOF on a render.
View attachment 1110028
Killjoys, what you have here is very nice if what you are shooting for is a dream sequence in which only Sophia is concrete.
If you are looking for "depth of Field" in a real setting I suggest the following:
Render the foreground as a PNG (Sophia, the lamp, the railing, the tree) with your HDRI turned off. PNG allows transparency.
Next, render your HDRI by itself without the desired foreground (This does not have to be PNG).
Load these two renders into photoshop, making sure the foreground is the top layer. Blur the background layer using Gaussian Blur. You should like the affect.
Export your layered work as a JPG. Voila!

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Killjoys, what you have here is very nice if what you are shooting for is a dream sequence in which only Sophia is concrete.
If you are looking for "depth of Field" in a real setting I suggest the following:
Render the foreground as a PNG (Sophia, the lamp, the railing, the tree) with your HDRI turned off. PNG allows transparency.
Next, render your HDRI by itself without the desired foreground (This does not have to be PNG).
Load these two renders into photoshop, making sure the foreground is the top layer. Blur the background layer using Gaussian Blur. You should like the affect.
Export your layered work as a JPG. Voila!
Thanks Jack Adams I really do appreciate any advice/hints that people can give me as I have only lightly touched DOF,in Daz and PS.
I will try out your suggestions and show the results,cheers

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes