dunloprobert

Oct 22, 2017
i must admit i have no clue to what he earns in his current job, he may earn more or less than me, and i don't know how much of his spare time he puts into this game, but if i was getting an extra $1,931 which converts to approximately £1400 gbp a month, on top of my monthly wage i'd be £500 shy of doubling my monthly wage and i'd be on £3300 gbp per month and be extremely happy!
i feel his game is very good, but i feel that sometimes with some of his comments that he comes across a tad abbrassive, unlike someone like veqvil the creator of LOVE AND SUBMISSION, whom i find to be very positive and friendly to communicate with, i also feel that the delays in the releases do not help his cause, people see the massive gaps in the release schedule and think better of pledging, and may even cancel pledges as they believe they are not getting what they were initially promised!
if he can deliver updates more regularly then he'd probably gain more patreons because no one can disagree with the quality of the work he has produced so far and more patreons equals more
money, which is what he says he wants, so in short give the people what they want and (no promises, but in this case) you will probably get what you want!

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
@dunloprobert He thinks he's da vinci. Needs some humility. 20% of his renders are impressive in that we haven't seen them in other games. Like some of the densely populated crowd scenes. Rest are pretty standard. Render and texture quality are just "ok" imho. I give him points for the unique mother's pov.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
In Germany that's not so much. It's the worst place for adult games developer to live
Dude that's 5700 Euro before taxes.
Even after taxes with the worst tax class you are left with 3100 Euro.

That's quite some money.
And then he even has a regular job.

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
I don't think he has a job... he's in college, so if he has something, it must be part-time.
Either way, seriously, if you got that kind of money, the first thing you did would be to buy a PC?
I myself got a list of things to do/buy in 2018... and even when I have an old pc, it's way down on the list.

His only problem is the lack of work ethics. Understable since he is a newbie.
He just needs to reach a compromise between his goals and his patrons, nothing more.
And just to make a point... he got delayed, right... but if he gave us and update every 3 months with 500+ renders... it still would be a lot more that the monthly average.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
He's a college student who doesn't require much to survive monthly. Supporters will donate however much they want to.
However, he's trying to 'encourage' more support by suggesting releases will be faster if he has a better pc, when he clearly has a good rig. The last few commenters were stating that he's had enough funding to upgrade, if that's his bottleneck.

Not a fan of the creator's entitled attitude. But if the second release delivers some action beyond just tease, I'll support.
As a patron, I don't measure the quality of a game by the number of renders. A set of renders could be 10 slight facial expression variations, which don't count IMHO. Much better to handle that like Big Brother does, within the dialogue box.

Reactions: dunloprobert

dunloprobert

Oct 22, 2017
@Hyped that is correct about the funding, and i'm sure he stated that he had a job (even doing some of his game from his workplace.), but was also doing college work, so (unless i'm wrong and i may be?) it's possible that the job is part time, with the college work on top or maybe he is fulltime with college work on top and thus shoehorns the game when he has the time to do so.
i also agree with you about his attitude, it's not the best.

Reactions: Hyped

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This is pointless chatter. You don't know the guy's financial situation, nor his state of mind. Waiting a few months to see the reception the game will receive, before investing serious money in the project, is not that unreasonable.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
@stoper Not unreasonable. Surely you of all people on this thread would agree that its not unfair to call out or discuss seemingly misleading statements by the creator.

I look forward to comparing his 400 renders to the other popular games that he ridicules, when he eventually releases the update.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Hyped , I don't think he had said anything misleading. A better PC will improve his render speed. I myself have a rather good render rig, but 20K for a triple Quadro setup will improve my render speed significantly.
Sure, he's hyping his work a lot, but at the end of the day, Patreon supporters will judge with their money.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
@stoper Consider me a fan of your renders. You know what you're talking about. I'm not unfamiliar with the dark arts of rendering either. I was just stating that it looks like he has a decent machine and that his bottleneck could be elsewhere, such as the time that he requires to physically be present, setting up and testing his scenes. Not convinced he needs a quadro render farm either, but he can do as he pleases.

I'm all for supporting creators who want a good income and not be struggling artists.

Reactions: Viatovic

dunhill

May 3, 2017
@stoper Consider me a fan of your renders. You know what you're talking about. I'm not unfamiliar with the dark arts of rendering either. I was just stating that it looks like he has a decent machine and that his bottleneck could be elsewhere, such as the time that he requires to physically be present, setting up and testing his scenes. Not convinced he needs a quadro render farm either, but he can do as he pleases.

I'm all for supporting creators who want a good income and not be struggling artists.
i think the game dev both is a collage student and has a part time job (not 100% sure) so the bottleneck may be that he doesn't have the time??? either ways no matter how good the demo was if he doesn't start to post and talk to his supporters he'll start losing paterons...

U

User_215882

Well everyone is making assumptions. First he is a college student. What is his major? How much time does he spend on his classes from studying, homework, and group projects what time is left for the game? It sounded like he also has a part time job so that too is going to eat up his time. Anyone whose ever gone to university is going to understand theres not much free time especially when it comes to your major. A STEM major is going to have far less time to devote to other things then say a humanities. I mean it took 8 months just for the demo. If he starts to "milk" his supporters by all means crucify the dev, but until he starts releasing updates to give people a time frame all you can do is wait. If he pisses you off just stop following the thread and cut off your support if you are giving him any. Just chill people.

Reactions: n0b0dy

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
0.1 so many response and discussions but it's been 3 months already and this game is more likely dead, how sad to think that it will die on the demo version

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
0.1 so many response and discussions but it's been 3 months already and this game is more likely dead, how sad to think that it will die on the demo version
Very unlikely. He's posting in regular manner on his patreon and he's here from time to time. There are plenty of games with longer release schedule. It's his first update so he misscalculated a bit. People shouldn't be so impatient if they wish to receive quality content. Funny thing is that it's probably the very first time I see a game on Patreon that's still growing with patrons, even without update. Damn impressive

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes