GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You don't think so??? I think L&P would think the opposite.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
God damn it. The DLC is never going to happen so I guess he's just going to cut it short.

Questionable project management skills once again.

Edit- I guess it depends on what he means by "don't put too high hopes into this scene". The core of the interaction with Sam could still happen without DLC, maybe he just has some peripheral idea that supplements the core interactions. It could be that supplementary material that he is "moving to DLC". So a short concert, short interaction at the bar, and then the car ride with Sam where Sam gets some sort of breakthrough. The DLC could flesh out the events at the bar in a more meaningful way, without changing the key components of the scene. Either way it's dumb.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
God damn it. The DLC is never going to happen so I guess he's just going to cut it short.

Questionable project management skills once again.

Edit- I guess it depends on what he means by "don't put too high hopes into this scene". The core of the interaction with Sam could still happen without DLC, maybe he just has some peripheral idea that supplements the core interactions. It could be that supplementary material that he is "moving to DLC". So a short concert, short interaction at the bar, and then the car ride with Sam where Sam gets some sort of breakthrough. The DLC could flesh out the events at the bar in a more meaningful way, without changing the key components of the scene. Either way it's dumb.
Look at his comments and what Bane71 quoted; this is most likely going to have two parts. I don't know how much he is going to go with on the first part. He could take it up to when they are introduced on stage, play the first song, cut it to DLC if that's his plan, or play all the way out. But as you can see, that was his comment.

If he plays the first part out, will that first part spin off into something else, like a bar corruption scene similar to the art class, and could that be DLC. I don't know.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Look at his comments and what Bane71 quoted; this is most likely going to have two parts. I don't know how much he is going to go with on the first part. He could take it up to when they are introduced on stage, play the first song, cut it to DLC if that's his plan, or play all the way out. But as you can see, that was his comment.

If he plays the first part out, will that first part spin off into something else, like a bar corruption scene similar to the art class, and could that be DLC. I don't know.
If that's the plan it's a huge mistake.

Reactions: Toushiro

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Some of you boys have very active imaginations! The theories you come up with for these scenes are always very elaborate. I would put money on the line that the Sam storyline will not be continued in this update after leaving the bar. There won't be an after party at the house, no whimsical meeting in the tree house, no alcohol to blur her judgment. Whatever progress Sam makes will happen at the bar. The most you'll get is Sam giving Sophia a ride home.

If anything happens in the tree house I swear to God I'll change my avatar to Sam's shit eating grin and a caption of "I Luv L&P". Or something equally absurd. That's how confident I am that nothing will happen in the treehouse.
Everything is forever on the internet. Taking screenshot now. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
25% CS and 30% for Rendering. But you're right, he still has a lot to do for this event, and the bar only moved 5% for CS eight days after his last update. I really don't see how he could make October unless he implements "DLC" or cuts the story really short.
he cant. When has L&P ever been right about a deadline?

This is a december release making it 2 releases per year. Next year you get a release in june/july and another one in january 2023.
This is going the "Come Inside" game route, minus the monthly wallpapers.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Everything is forever on the internet. Taking screenshot now. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I stand by it. HOWEVER, DLC content doesn't count. It has to be in the next release.

wait so lazy and passive is going to spend 2 months on this scene which you shouldnt have "high hopes" for?
is this a joke? :ROFLMAO:
It does seem absurd. I often think you're too negative Viper, but it's a bad look for a dev to tell people "Hey, this scene that I've been working on for two months? Yeah, don't expect too much."

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I stand by it. HOWEVER, DLC content doesn't count. It has to be in the next release.

It does seem absurd. I often think you're too negative Viper, but it's a bad look for a dev to tell people "Hey, this scene that I've been working on for two months? Yeah, don't expect too much."
Im not negative, I'm a realist. We should all know by now what to expect from L&P which is not much.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
he cant. When has L&P ever been right about a deadline?

This is a december release making it 2 releases per year. Next year you get a release in june/july and another one in january 2023.
This is going the "Come Inside" game route, minus the monthly wallpapers.
He hasn't been right in a long time. I think he is just trying to be optimistic instead of realistic. The graph that Talcum Powder uses probably gives the best projection so far. It's most likely will be in late Nov. or Dec. But two 1/3 releases and a P.D. that took over one year to complete is terrible.

As I said before, did he really need 79+ characters to interact or corrupt Sophia?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Im not negative, I'm a realist. We should all know by now what to expect from L&P which is not much.
Sure, but this is new. Cutting a scene short so that additional content is only available via DLC, he hasn't done that yet. Coach Sophie is one thing, but that never really got off the ground. This scene with Sam has been in the works for a long time, and now he's going to only partially complete it and leave the rest for a undefined DLC? That's bold.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
He hasn't been right in a long time. I think he is just trying to be optimistic instead of realistic. The graph that Talcum Powder uses probably gives the best projection so far. It's most likely will be in late Nov. or Dec. But two 1/3 releases and a P.D. that took over one year to complete is terrible.

As I said before, did he really need 79+ characters to interact or corrupt Sophia?
If the release slips into mid-December, then I think there's a good chance it slips all the way to January as the Holidays always interrupt everything.

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017

Looks like he is back to his regular schedule now. Although, this is the 1st time in two years that I'm actual not enthused about an update. Not a fan of the Sam route fan and the more I see the teasers is just a reminder of so.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
If the release slips into mid-December, then I think there's a good chance it slips all the way to January as the Holidays always interrupt everything.
"IF" ?
Man it's lazy&passive, we all know how this is going to work out in the end.
Delays
Some issues hiring an actual translator despite the fact there is dozens free to work.
He "hires" some "american friend from discord" and then takes a month to translate something 2 pages a day, 3 pages if they are both working really hard. :ROFLMAO:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018

Speaking of which...
The trend shows that the release date is slipping further into the future with each passing day and this has been the trend since the start of the third week of this development cycle. I don't see how this speeds up given the complexity and number of characters inside that bar. And then the entirely new environment of Andy/Cathy's apartment. Even if it is a ready-made loadable scene he still has his custom lighting system to work out and selecting the artwork to hang on the walls. We also have to consider the drive (home? Andy/Cathy's?) - there may be some car interior scenes at night, yet another something I believe we haven't seen before. The lighting for that could be very intricate.

Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes60%55%33.00%
Rendered Scenes55%25%13.75%
Art edited with PS15%5%0.75%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed47.50%
Start Date7/5/2021
Festival of Bullshit (excuses)0
Bullshit Days Consumed so far0
Current # Days of Production (less BS consumed)66
Days remaining in Festival of Bullshit0
Estimated Completion Date11/20/2021

1631164953985.png

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Speaking of which...
The trend shows that the release date is slipping further into the future with each passing day and this has been the trend since the start of the third week of this development cycle. I don't see how this speeds up given the complexity and number of characters inside that bar. And then the entirely new environment of Andy/Cathy's apartment. Even if it is a ready-made loadable scene he still has his custom lighting system to work out and selecting the artwork to hang on the walls. We also have to consider the drive (home? Andy/Cathy's?) - there may be some car interior scenes at night, yet another something I believe we haven't seen before. The lighting for that could be very intricate.

Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes60%55%33.00%
Rendered Scenes55%25%13.75%
Art edited with PS15%5%0.75%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed47.50%
Start Date7/5/2021
Festival of Bullshit (excuses)0
Bullshit Days Consumed so far0
Current # Days of Production (less BS consumed)66
Days remaining in Festival of Bullshit0
Estimated Completion Date11/20/2021

View attachment 1395638
At present I believe the real problem is the number of characters in this scene, setting up the location took him a lot less time than most expected. This scene shouldn't be long, around 12-15 % of the 35% in my opinion. The remaining half will have less characters which will improve things a little. Also after what KillJoys shared with us I hardly speculate a car drive with Sam. Though lighting can be tough I would expect that he has figured out a lot about it by now, since that's what he is most focused about everytime. I should no longer take him as much time.

The Cathy scene is also not going to have a lot of characters, so I expect that to be decently paced once the location is setup.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
At present I believe the real problem is the number of characters in this scene, setting up the location took him a lot less time than most expected. This scene shouldn't be long, around 12-15 % of the 35% in my opinion. The remaining half will have less characters which will improve things a little. Also after what KillJoys shared with us I hardly speculate a car drive with Sam. Though lighting can be tough I would expect that he has figured out a lot about it by now, since that's what he is most focused about everytime. I should no longer take him as much time.

The Cathy scene is also not going to have a lot of characters, so I expect that to be decently paced once the location is setup.
Regrettably, I cannot bring myself to share your optimism. I’m keeping in mind the slowing trend started with the earlier events which are assumed to be set entirely in and around the Parker home, familiar settings.

I gather from the shared Patreon posts that he is lowering expectations and it sounds(to my reading) that at least the Sam event is being scaled back from the initial plan. If that’s the case we can start to speculate on what effect that will have on the overall impact of the scene and also what other compromises might be made.

Two years ago this was slated to be a major event. Six months ago it was all a fiery defense of the process and the story. Now, it may be cut short and available through dlc at some unspecified time in the future. Sounds like he may be burning out on the story and just not as excited by it anymore.

Last edited:

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Regrettably, I cannot bring myself to share your optimism. I’m keeping in mind the slowing trend started with the earlier events which are assumed to be set entirely in and around the Parker home, familiar settings.

I gather from the shared Patreon posts that he is lowering expectations and it sounds(to my reading) that at least the Sam event is being scaled back from the initial plan. If that’s the case we can start to speculate on what effect that will have on the overall impact of the scene and also what other compromises might be made.

Two years ago this was slated to be a major event. Six months ago it was all a fiery defense of the process and the story. Now, it may be cut short and available through dlc at some unspecified time in the future. Sounds like he may be burning out on the story and just not as excited by it anymore.
After all, I like to think optimistically, and I guess L&P was thinking something when he claimed it would be ready by October. Let's just assume that the bar scenes are the most elaborate and the next scenes with him and Sophia take place somewhere that doesn't require much effort. In the car, on the beach, on a hill, on the balcony, ...
The event with Cathy/Andy takes place in their apartment. So maybe just the living room. Considering all that... maybe it could work out with October after all.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Worst case scenario, if Sophia gets into Sam's car they will drive away and the scene between them will take place somewhere else. Look where Sam's car is parked, anyone could take a look :ROFLMAO:

J1Xy.gif
The scene is identical to the one with the leather suit, it adds but has no effect on the later course of events.
From the beginning it was not realistic to have something in public between Sophia and Sam (dancing, ...), the events had to take place in private between the two.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes