armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
AWAM is now 2.65gb(?) and BAIDK is 8GB
Of course, in the BAIDK game there will be problems in the future with Mega and other load services if DPC to continue this way.
Edit: Dammit, DPC offer too that only one episode upgrade thing too. I Forget that.

But why couldn’t L&P offer upgrades to the previous version:
Like you own 0.095 already and DL only 0.100 stuff.
The game was more than 3GB 2 yeas ago.But he menage to make it around 1GB.
Also the dev was talking about downloading only the new stuff more than 1 year ago,but nothing happen.He return to that last month but we have no idea if we will see it in the future.
Now the newest idea/horribble if you ask me/is to make a release when 1 big or 2/3 smaller events are done.That won't increase the speed of the game at all.It porbably will lead even to decrease it.
Instead of getting 2 updates for a full day and 6-8 months we will go to 6-8 updates for a full day and potentially more than 6-8 months.
I don't see it being Bennet as Sophia has other choices to solve that problem.
Aiden seems more interested in visual stimulation/ Exhibitionism just now but I guess that could change.
Would Sophia sleep with her daughters boyfriend(Logan)?I will put a no there.
The museum guys.?
gym guys ?
Neil.That would also be a no as he has no major part to play.
Janitor. That would be a no for now as I think he has a role on the good wife route.
Zac is starting to come into the story but I would say that it is too early to say for sure
I would say that Tyler naybe has the best chance, outside of the main characters,to have full sex with Sophia.
He is talking about Bennett fucking another woman,not Sophia.
Maybe she will see him and another teacher?That way she can resolve Bennett problem?

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The game was more than 3GB 2 yeas ago.But he menage to make it around 1GB.
Also the dev was talking about downloading only the new stuff more than 1 year ago,but nothing happen.He return to that last month but we have no idea if we will see it in the future.
Now the newest idea/horribble if you ask me/is to make a release when 1 big or 2/3 smaller events are done.That won't increase the speed of the game at all.It porbably will lead even to decrease it.
Instead of getting 2 updates for a full day and 6-8 months we will go to 6-8 updates for a full day and potentially more than 6-8 months.

He is talking about Bennett fucking another woman,not Sophia.
Maybe she will see him and another teacher?That way she can resolve Bennett problem?
Oops read it wrong.She already has the means to solve to this problem

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
After all, all that she wants is another baby... literally.
I think you're wrong. Although that's what she says, the main problem has to do with her life having become a routine, which is something common for people in their forties, as they reach a stable lifestyle (work, family, children getting more independent..) and for different reasons their lives end up being repetitive.

In this specific case, their change of home hasn't fulfilled her expectations at all, specially considering what's happening with Liam who's always "busy", as well as her part-time job, which has had a negative effect on her, as she has too much free time. If she had a full-time job and Liam could have more time to spare with the family, this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
I'm not biased, i already invested 544,50€ in L&P work, i'm in the legendary tier long ago, and i think he's slow, he is an artist, not a developer, not a director, nor a business focused man. Beautiful rich detailed renders, narrative and imaginative history, which is a piece of art on itself. Yes, but he won't delegate work, it's a control obsessive one, and he's going to burn down, which will be sad, as i like his work.

I'm also part of renpy development supporters, and i'm not entirely sure in the current state RenPy is able to handle such huge monolithyc files, gigabytes in an archive... It's gonna end weighting more than the entire Cyberpunk2077 game. With practically no modularity...

As many of us know, it's his baby, it lacks planning, it's not resource efficient, nor bussines oriented, in development you try to split the proyect into small working pieces, many of them, that you develop, and stitch together then you push to alpha, lots of little pices (iterations) that can be split over a working team, of designers, and coders, translation, accountings, etc...

And you take in account the cashflow, where does the money come, where does it spend, what's your return of investment in mid time. I'ts intelligent to spend xxxx money on a render farm to batch render production?, or invest in hardware and build inhouse render servers?... Add code and code in a linear way until it breaks, or contract a sofware architect that helps you build the motor for your proyect, how you use your resources, etc. That's a business baseplan.

Being worried if you should apply a 3500 kelvin light or a 5000k light source so it's more "cinematic", and pack of NPCs a restaurant up to detailing the cutlery 6 desk appart from your MC wich the boke (blur) of the camera won't show. It's more in the line of an art director than a game developer. Yeah, you have a window in one render, build a friggin forest with 10thousand trees, squirrels and birds, 11 textures for the leaves, and render that shit for a 3cm window in a fixed angle view onto 1 still render... "It takes time to render", shit, yeah. Use a fucking photo, and crop it to size... Focus on what the camera has to show, just what your eye can see...

And Man, it's a visual novel, if you keep splitting and adding options it's gonna become an openworld RPG...
I agree 100%. Becoming more professional is a must for someone who intends to develop games for a living (that's something we can see in one of the goals of the patreon site).

What I find more than meaningless among many of the comments here is the request of switching to 1080p (not to mention 4K). Ok, that was promised, but that's completely secondary given the current situation and considering what's in the TODO list (increase speed, some paths being almost stuck, etc).

In order to move forward at a reasonable speed, the creation/rendering stages must be divided in smaller subtasks, with L&P being more focused on defining in detail what's necessary (the whole scenario, characters involved, pieces of furniture, etc), what actually happens (a plot including one by one all the steps where renders must be done, etc), a quick check of the scene with a fast render before the final one is done (no lights, no textures.. that usually takes seconds), and then a revision of the renders once they're finished. With this, L&P can rely on someone else (there might be actually 2 or 3 people doing this if necessary) while he/she is mostly in charge of the definition and revision stages.

IMHO that's the only way the game can be finished, and not just "in time" (which I don't know what it really means for him/her), but also thinking about the possibility of the game being eventually canceled if it takes too long. In fact that's the most likely outcome if things continue as they are now.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: alward

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm more asking about who else besides Sophia the main characters might have sex with before Sophia. So Emma for Dylan, Julia or Logan for Ellie, Carl for Patricia, Jennifer for Aiden etc. So for Bennett it could be anybody, since apparently he sleeps around, although I'm not convinced. If he really was as charming as he says he is, he wouldn't have needed to fail a student in order to get laid
For me, it would be Ellie and Julia. I'm unsure now of what they will get up to (if anything) in the next update after what L&P said in their latest Patreon post, but I could still see them moving fairly quickly and them having sex with Sophia peeping on them would be a great scene to really get her more interested in her daughter. :sneaky:

Reactions: Hlextor

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
Just out of curiosity, to those waiting for straight sex on the Filthy route, but is it just sex with Sophia that you're waiting for? Since it's probably more likely Sophia will wait and see how Dylan and Emma turn out for example. And is there any new information about Sam. Even if it's not with Sophia, I imagine getting the car, and the concert will help him in this regard
I don’t care about anybody else other than Sophia. I don’t care about Dylan fucking Ellie, Patricia, Amber or Emma. Neither do I for Ellie fucking Dylan, Patricia, Logan, etc . I started playing this game because it was about a middle aged married woman struggling with boredom and frustration, being tempted by people around her (son, daughter, sister, neighbor’s son, etc). Not because I wanted to see her clumsy virgin son getting an harem or the neighbor son love story with her daughter. The game was not about that and it started to change the moment Aiden started blackmailing Sophia and some people who only followed the Dylan route couldn’t handle that a girl would interact with anybody else other than their hero . So he started some side event like the poolside event where we have all the classics tropes of the harem protagonist. On an other note nothing was supposed to happen between Dylan and Ellie as L&p said himself and look where we are now... All in all I just hope that fans of other characters will not start complaining about their heroes getting an harem too. So that we can move on with the main character (Sophia) and start advancing in the route you choose to engage her to

Bahraini

Dec 29, 2019
I don’t care about anybody else other than Sophia. I don’t care about Dylan fucking Ellie, Patricia, Amber or Emma. Neither do I for Ellie fucking Dylan, Patricia, Logan, etc . I started playing this game because it was about a middle aged married woman struggling with boredom and frustration, being tempted by people around her (son, daughter, sister, neighbor’s son, etc). Not because I wanted to see her clumsy virgin son getting an harem or the neighbor son love story with her daughter. The game was not about that and it started to change the moment Aiden started blackmailing Sophia and some people who only followed the Dylan route couldn’t handle that a girl would interact with anybody else other than their hero . So he started some side event like the poolside event where we have all the classics tropes of the harem protagonist. On an other note nothing was supposed to happen between Dylan and Ellie as L&p said himself and look where we are now... All in all I just hope that fans of other characters will not start complaining about their heroes getting an harem too. So that we can move on with the main character (Sophia) and start advancing in the route you choose to engage her to
But I would like to see Dylan fuck Ellie and Sophia knowing about it. I wounder how is she going to react.

Reactions: Wedstone

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I agree that it should always be about Sophia, she is the main character after all.

However, I have said before in this thread but I think all the side story stuff is actually part of the main story of corrupting Sophia into having sex with Dylan and others.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
You do realize you can pick a certain path to avoid everything you don't care to see in the game right? Sophia is still the main protagonist in the novel. You are playing it through her eyes and she is all the events in the game. Nothing has changed from that.

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
You do realize you can pick a certain path to avoid everything you don't care to see in the game right? Sophia is still the main protagonist in the novel. You are playing it through her eyes and she is all the events in the game. Nothing has changed from that.
Yes the time between update

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
The time between updates is not because he added more. He has been following his outline as he has stated numerous times. The only additional event that he added was Ellie and Dylan's side event right now. He stated that he tweak the story in January, but also stated he shorten some of the stories like Mr. Benentt. The problem between the updates has already been discussed already several times. I would recommend you go back and read some of the comments.

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
The time between updates is not because he added more. He has been following his outline as he has stated numerous times. The only additional event that he added was Ellie and Dylan's side event right now. He stated that he tweak the story in January, but also stated he shorten some of the stories like Mr. Benentt. The problem between the updates has already been discussed already several times. I would recommend you go back and read some of the comments.
Yes it just added up even more time with all the previous problems. Mainly working alone, to much renders for nothing and now adding side path to satisfy a certain part of his fan base. Look I’m not against any of the other storylines that he’s developing but that’s not a project viable for one person alone. He refuses to hire anybody to have quicker updates. The solution his not by breaking records on the number of renders or by adding sides storylines

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
I think you're wrong. Although that's what she says, the main problem has to do with her life having become a routine, which is something common for people in their forties, as they reach a stable lifestyle (work, family, children getting more independent..) and for different reasons their lives end up being repetitive.

In this specific case, their change of home hasn't fulfilled her expectations at all, specially considering what's happening with Liam who's always "busy", as well as her part-time job, which has had a negative effect on her, as she has too much free time. If she had a full-time job and Liam could have more time to spare with the family, this wouldn't be a problem at all.
Mine, more than a reference to the refrain of the song (which, however, seems to fit the case of Sophia, because, as you also noticed, she said she wanted another baby) was a reference to the entire lyrics of the song which, in my opinion, fits perfectly with the character you described.
In fact, for me, this song is about Sophia because it's about an unsatisfied woman who would like to feel desired and live again those thrills that the daily routine of a stable family ménage doesn't make her live anymore, about a woman who doesn't want to be just a wife or a mother anymore, but a woman on the prowl for "another baby" for a night of passion whose end means goodbye.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

And we wouldn't have a game at all.

Reactions: lockerxx
D

Deleted member 840101

I am big Ellie and Dylan shipper, because "brother-sister" is always fun, and because I like when sister is like "hard to get" type and isn't really into brother at all in beginning.
I never thought of Ellie and Dylan together because I wanted Ellie only for sophia but when you put it that way it kinda feels "Yes go for her Dylan".

Hey btw, the two persons in my profile picture are apparently siblings.

3.30 star(s) 451 Votes